Strange Experience with Jehovah's Witnesses

Dec 28, 2012
Northern Ireland
✟15,159.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am a new Spirit-Filled Christian, and was once told by by mentor that some religion can actually be a demonic spirit which the devil uses to trick and confuse people. I would say that this was the presence which you felt. If I were you, I would answer the door and greet them by declaring 'In the name of Jesus, I cast out every unclean spirit from your being'. Bid them good-day, and faithfully wait for them to return someday preaching the TRUE GOSPEL!

Upvote 0

gypsygirl

Jul 11, 2009
United States
✟7,717.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone have advice or words of encouragement and support?

Thank you,
Erie

Hi Erie,
I would like to refer you to the Christian Research Institute's website equip.org and do a search of Jehovah Witness - there's an extensive article archive.

From the experience you recounted, it sounded that the Holy Spirit within you was sensing a demonic presence from the JWs, which was trying to sway your faith - it may be the spirit of antichrist as described in I John. Though I've never invited in JWs to my house, I have twice done the same with Mormons, so I know how unexpected the conversation can turn. If you're part of a church, maybe approach some seasoned evangelists or believers who are experts on the Word and get some guidance from them - if possible, try having one with you next time. Don't mess around with spiritual warfare - from my experience the enemy has proven to be capable of outsmarting the human intellect.

p.s. One question you can always ask them is "What can you offer me that isn't better than what I already have in Christ?" Nothing!!!

Upvote 0

vjcoppola

Sep 3, 2012
Western New York
✟7,664.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In the third century St Athanasius put this question to the heritic, Arius, who also denied the divinity of Christ. He asked Arius, 'does salvation come from God or from man?' Of course, man cannot be savior, only God. So is Jesus the savior? Arius could not answer, neither can JWs.

Upvote 0

Harry3142

Apr 9, 2006
Ohio
✟20,229.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Erie-

Here are Scripture passages which clearly show the interrelationship of Jesus Christ and God the Father, as well as the danger of blaspheming against the Holy Spirit, as the JW's are doing by conspiring to have others believe that he doesn't exist:

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. (Colossians 1:15-20,NIV)

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:

Who, being in very nature God, did not see equality with God as something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross!

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:5-11,NIV)

Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished - he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus. (Romans 3:19-26,NIV)

By the grace God has given me I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should be careful how he builds. For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work. If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames. (I Corinthians 3:10-15,NIV)

"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me - just as the Father knows me and I know the Father - and I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life - only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father." (The Gospel of St. John 10:14-18,NIV)

"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters. And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come." (The Gospel of St. Matthew 12:30-32,NIV)

You will notice that many of the passages which I have quoted were written by St. Paul. He is almost universally hated in the JW sect, as well as certain other sects which are actually 'fronts' for the desire of their leadership to obtain wealth and power. Their preaching that their 'ecclesiastical laws' must be followed and their warped theology must be accepted in order for anyone to have even the chance of salvation runs into the 'wall' of St. Paul's epistles. A few years ago I even had some of them on another website attempt to talk us Christians into removing all of St. Paul's epistles from The Holy Bible, as they were such a hindrance to their sects' agendas.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
It's good to review what the truth is against some of the lies. This keeps us from being deceived (or those who don't know any better). We need to tell our friends and family that they are not just another denomination. The Mormons are the same way.

I told an old boss of mine that Mormons believe you can become a god and this guy become irate that I had the nerve to say this. He wasn't a Christian, but even he knew it is unreasonable to think that you can become a god. Mormons do believe this and if you think you can hang out with the nice Mormon lady down the street because she believes in Jesus, you're wrong!

Upvote 0