Anywhere, USA
✟84,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
For the last four years, Jehovah's Witnesses came to my door every few months. I usually take the Watchtower booklet and tell them I will look it over. Usually I just trash it. I don't mean to be rude with them but I'm not looking to be converted.

They came back about a month ago and i told them that now would not be a good time to talk( it wasn't) and I asked them to come back midweek. In the meantime, I read the Watchtower booklet and wrote some questions/notes down. I took out my Bible and cross-referenced it with scripture quoted in Watchtower and found some inconsistencies.

The women came back and I invited them in. I served some refreshments and made some small talk but they were ready to get down to business. I looked at the one woman and it was impressed upon me that she was not always a JW. I asked her what she was before a JW, prehaps Baptist? She looked at me surprised and confirmed. I asked why she converted. I was told that her mother was a JW but also she didn't like how "mysterious and cryptic" the Bible is written. I explained that Jesus wrote in parables...etc

I began feeling strange and did not feel God's presence with me. I felt a coldness, a void. The women began asking me questions and if I agreed with this or that. Since I disagreed that Jesus was God's first creation, I was asked to read from my Bible where that was was stated. I SAW AN ILLUSION. i saw the words and read them aloud! I couldn't believe what I was reading. I could hear myself agreeing with what they were saying! The woman were listing examples as to why the trinity did not exist, that Jesus did not have the same power as God...etc

I gave them examples to try and contradict that but it ended up making their case stronger. Where does it say trinity in the Bible? Where does it show Jesus\God evrr as one etc... I remember, I had bible verses and notes written down and everything was turned against me. They say that unless te Bible explicitly states something as fact, then it does not exist.

I felt emotionally drained, confused and upset by the time they left. As I walked them to the door, I noticed a third woman in a car waiting.

What upset me the most was not feeling God's presence but the evil and oppression. I felt confused and embarrassed. I saw an illusion! And I felt like I was trying to be deceived under the guise of light.

I don't understand why God was not there with me when I prayed a lot about it. Now these women are supposed to be coming back and I don't think I want them to come into my home again.

Does anyone have advice or words of encouragement and support?

Thank you,
Erie

C

crimsonleaf

Have you checked to see if the words you read are still there? If so, you need to talk to someone about their true meaning, and also look up the verses referring to Christ (the Word) being eternally co-existent. Also consider that while the word "trinity" doesn't exist in the Bible, the concept is throughout. Try Jesus' baptism, where Father, Son and Holy Spirit were together simultaneously.

Your experience is common, and the JW script is designed to make you feel that way. Remember, they are taught what to teach others. They don't have a bible that's correctly translated, which is why John 1:1 reads that the Word was "a god" rather than "God". The New World Translation differs from all other translations in this regard and isn't to be trusted.

The book Kingdom of the Cults by Walter Martin will have you back on your feet in no time if you can get a copy.

Upvote 0

Harry3142

Apr 9, 2006
Ohio
✟20,229.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Erie79-

The JW's have taken individual verses, and even 1/2 verses, which they can use to support their own agenda, so they will direct you to those particular verses. However, in many cases they will not permit you to read the passages in which those verses are contained, due to the passages having an entirely different meaning than the verses they have chosen to use.

The JW's have a history of desiring to destroy all Christian churches. Here are a few quotes from their publications, including The Watchtower itself, confirming this:

In sharp contrast to Christendom and Judaism, Jehovah's Christian witnesses, who are residing in the spiritual paradise of his favor and protection, are the ones who have taken Jehovah as their King...They are therefore the ones that are safeguarded from the spiritual sicknesses and maladies and plagues that afflict Christendom and Judaism. (Man's Salvation, page 215)

Christendom's course is 'the way of death.' Let us go no farther in it. Time still allows for a person's escape from being executed with her. (The Watchtower, 09/01/79, page 21)

Jehovah today has not minced words in stating his judicial decision against Christendom. He has commissioned his Jeremiah class [Jehovah's Witnesses] to declare a correspondingly straightforward message of calamity to the modern counterpart of ancient Jerusalem and Judah. Unsparingly, unwaveringly, the Jeremiah class must adhere to all that he commands them in his Word. (The Watchtower, 09/01/79, page 22)

Today Christendom's clergy-prophets outspokenly back up the international conspiracy against Jehovah's kingdom by his Christ. Jehovah's witnesses are not authorized to pronounce the death sentence upon any of them. But they can take up the inspired utterance of Jehovah and apply it against the clerical false prophets.... So, here now let us read of Jeremiah's prophetic actions.... "Look! I am sending you away from off the surface of the ground. This year you yourself must die, for you have spoken outright revolt against Jehovah." Jeremiah 28:15-16 (The Watchtower, 11/01/79. page 26; 05/15/80, page 27; 08/15/79, page 27)

I have no doubt that the 'coldness' you were feeling while in their presence was their hatred directed at you for being a Christian. Much as they might attempt to disguise their true motives, those motives are directed at destroying entirely all Christian teaching and belief, and leaving the JW's in full control of the spiritual welfare of everyone.

Their theology includes Jesus' being the 'cloning' in human form of the archangel Michael; that there was no resurrection, but instead this same archangel Michael was cloned a second time; that once he was cloned, the previous incarnations of Michael simply vaporized into nothingness; and that our salvation is totally dependent on how obediently we follow every directive pronounced by the members of The Watchtower Society, including directives which oppose what we find in Scripture (where Scripture and those directives differ, Scripture itself is to be seen as subordinate to their directives).

Upvote 0

Girder of Loins

Future Math Teacher
Dec 5, 2010
United States of America
✟18,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Jehovah Witnesses have, honestly, a great apologetic and ministry program that is difficult to beat. Did they specifically say,"if it isn't in the Bible, it ain't real,"? Or is that something you just got from them? If so, you could ask about how cars and cell phones aren't in there, but they are real.

Onto the Trinity question. In Genesis, God discusses with Himself about mankind's creation. He refers to Himself as "we". This(obviously) implies multiple people He is talking to. We see three distinct "God characters" in the Bible, the Father(Creator), the Son(Redeemer), and the Holy Spirit(Guide). Whether these are three distinct beings(who collectively make "God") or just three "personalities" of "God" is open to debate. But the fact remains that there are three separate "minds" in the Godhead. This is the Trinity.

Upvote 0

Ace99

Alive in Christ
Sep 1, 2012
England
✟15,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please be careful when dealing with the jw's I was one from 11 to 13, I became a Christian when I was 33, for two and a half years, it took for me to finally accept Jesus was god, I knew it in my head, because I read the bible and I knew it to be true but I begged him to show me, he showed me in my heart that it was true, it was then I could finally accept it, my point being that for two years as a jw, at such a young age, being there had affected me that much that 20 years later, I was still holding on to their teachings, some of the jw's have been there all their lives, so when you talk to them there argument will be strong, because they will believe every word they are saying, even if it is false, and they are a cult, which isn't easy to say as my Aunty is a jw, and my nanna died being one. Anyway take care, there is some good advice on this post from everyone. god bless you all

Upvote 0

PureDose

Pinball Wizard
Sep 18, 2012
✟850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You were poorly prepared (on doctrine), it sounds like, but as you saw, the Spirit of God was with you. You can not literally see spirits, so we tend to either sense them, there are a variety of ways. You seem to have been sensing some very negative spirits with them.

You can know the Spirit of God was with you because you knew what religion the woman came from.

You do not always have a feeling of the Spirit of God, because, for instance, you can not sense two spirits at once, especially if you do not know what that sensing is.

It is like one can stare at a mole on someone's face and just get locked into it.

On doctrine, I assure you the JW's are very, very bad. My wife's mother is in that cult and the damage done to her is extreme.

On trinity, that is a Roman doctrine, but it has some basis in Scripture. It is OK as a rough line basis.

But, you end up unprepared if you have not studied Scripture.

You should be wary of accepting any doctrine taught by men. Many doctrines have been accepted which come straight from Rome, and so straight from the Dark Ages. Protestants have kept a great many of these teachings.

I am by no means saying these women are correct, they are absolutely wrong, but they are correct in pointing out the Bible does not have the trinity in it.

Jesus is the face of God people see, the very form of God. He is not "the Son of God" as Adam was said to be the Son of God. He is God in the flesh.

There are limitations in the flesh, limitations of this world which Jesus has to deal with. That full mystery is best described as how we dream: when we dream we are the person in the dream, and also the one who creates and sustains the dream world.

Scripture calls the Spirit, "the Spirit of Jesus", "the Truth", "the Spirit of Truth", "the Spirit of God", "the Spirit of the Father", "the Spirit of Jesus", and so on. Meaning the unity of God and Jesus is well known.

No one sees God but through Jesus.

While there are limitations of the flesh, there are also extraordinary benefits, which evens matters out.

That said, if you notice it is said Jesus fills all the universe, and in Revelation, Jesus points out "I will be your God". When it was asked to show the Father, Jesus was bothered, and asked how long he had been with them.

What Jesus kept saying the Father did on his behalf, Jesus also pointed out he did these things as well.

If they can not say Jesus is God, as anyone can do, then they have a problem. That is like being unable to say Jesus is Lord. If they can not say Jesus is God come in the flesh, then that also exposes them for what they are.

Trinitarians should be able to say these things, but when people take the trinity concept too far, they find themselves essentially making Jesus a demi-god, and denying his God hood in the flesh -- just as Romans have raised Mary up to be "the Queen of Heaven".

Upvote 0

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom

There is a DVD called "The Witness of Jehovah". In it ex-JWs tell of the history and problems of the JW. At the end each of the people tell of how they came to Jesus. You may want to get a copy and ask them to watch it with you.

What you will find is that JW is remarkably well organized. One of the reasons IBM did so well was that they identified the decision maker in a company and hit him with a specialized sales approach. At the end of the sales they brought in a "closer" who would finalize the sale.

Often the JW will bring in a closer if they find you are resistant.

To understand a little of their tenacity you have to see that they believe they are working their way to heaven. They used to say that there were 144,000 spots available in heaven and the ones that handed out the most literature go in. They now say that these spots have been filled, but there is a second class spot open for those who earn it. You are not so much a lost soul for which they are burdened as a stepping stone for them to reach their goal.

If you try to engage these people in the flesh (in your own strength, with your own logic and wisdom), you may feel the oppression of their bombardment. They have spent years practicing to drive a wedge in where they can get you to agree with them.

Find something basic;

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

They will try to convince you that your translation of the Bible is wrong. It is interesting that back at the turn of the century, there was a court trial and the guy who wrote the JW translation was found to know no Greek.

I find that if I ask them to explain why they are attempting to convert me to JW when they should be attempting to bring people to Jesus, they are not as well prepared to give an answer.

If they are not interested in bringing people to faith in Jesus, how can they call themselves "Christian"?

If they claim that their "translation" of the Bible is superior, I claim that the diminishment of Jesus makes their Bible "another gospel".

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

You can also raise the shield of faith;

2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Upvote 0

Shulamite7

Jul 13, 2012
✟15,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I began feeling strange and did not feel God's presence with me. I felt a coldness, a void. The women began asking me questions and if I agreed with this or that. Since I disagreed that Jesus was God's first creation, I was asked to read from my Bible where that was was stated. I SAW AN ILLUSION. i saw the words and read them aloud! I couldn't believe what I was reading. I could hear myself agreeing with what they were saying! The woman were listing examples as to why the trinity did not exist, that Jesus did not have the same power as God...etc

I gave them examples to try and contradict that but it ended up making their case stronger. Where does it say trinity in the Bible? Where does it show Jesus\God evrr as one etc... I remember, I had bible verses and notes written down and everything was turned against me. They say that unless te Bible explicitly states something as fact, then it does not exist.

I felt emotionally drained, confused and upset by the time they left. As I walked them to the door, I noticed a third woman in a car waiting.

What upset me the most was not feeling God's presence but the evil and oppression. I felt confused and embarrassed. I saw an illusion! And I felt like I was trying to be deceived under the guise of light.

I don't understand why God was not there with me when I prayed a lot about it. Now these women are supposed to be coming back and I don't think I want them to come into my home again.

Thank you,
Erie

I just read a christian site this morning and after that I read christian forums. I read your thread and I am so surprised to find that you have some doubts concerning the Jehovah's witnesses because that's exactly what I read about this morning! So I believe it is not by mere coincidence that I read about JW and then ended up reading your thread after that but I guess it is the Lord clearing your doubts.

Well, I read that a woman and her 14 year old son was in a restaurant. Her son had the amazing gift of seeing into the spiritual realm. 4 adults and a teenager accompanying them entered the restaurant and sat close to this woman's and her son's table. This woman's son felt compelled to give this teenage boy his Bible. But the adults with the boy prevented him from accepting the Bible as they said they belong to Jehovah's witness which is an antichristian cult. This woman's son spoke to her in horror that he could see four large demons standing near each of these 4 adults and a small demon standing behind the teenager with the demon's hands outstretched towards the boy's head. No wonder you could not feel God's presence with you!

Reading your thread and reading what this woman has written I now believe that what both of you are saying is true as the experiences are so similar. Please DO NOT entertain such people into your homes. You wrote that you do not want to be rude to them. But if it means messing up with your salvation then you sure have to be rude. Just don't let them in the next time they turn up. There are many verses in our perfect flawless Word which supports this fact.
If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work. 2 John 1:10-11
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thank you,
Erie

Erie, don't let them into your home. Jehovahs Witnesses are demon oppressed/possessed and you don't want them bringing that into your house. Imagine the kind of evil behind an operation that trains people to go from house to house and not only lie about Jesus, but try to convert Christians out of their faith.

JW's train very hard to do what they did to you the other day, which is to cherry pick verses out of the bible which appear to support their narrative that Jesus is not God. It is a sophisticated anti-apologetic, you could say, and unless you are an expert at countering their arguments, you should not even try. Already, they have gotten you to doubt essential foundations of your faith, but hopefully this will have the good outcome of spurring you to learn more about your faith and come to a sounder foundation in the word of God. Ask the Lord to guide you to these answers.

When they came into your house you were being spiritually suppressed and drained by the demons attached to those people. My advice is to tell them you are no longer interested in discussing the matter, and send them on their way. I would also talk to your pastor about what happened as well, and certainly do pray for them. I think though you need to get a background in dealing with these sorts of arguments before you can engage them again. God bless.

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For the last four years, Jehovah's Witnesses came to my door every few months. I usually take the Watchtower booklet and tell them I will look it over. Usually I just trash it. I don't mean to be rude with them but I'm not looking to be converted.

They came back about a month ago and i told them that now would not be a good time to talk( it wasn't) and I asked them to come back midweek. In the meantime, I read the Watchtower booklet and wrote some questions/notes down. I took out my Bible and cross-referenced it with scripture quoted in Watchtower and found some inconsistencies.

The women came back and I invited them in. I served some refreshments and made some small talk but they were ready to get down to business. I looked at the one woman and it was impressed upon me that she was not always a JW. I asked her what she was before a JW, prehaps Baptist? She looked at me surprised and confirmed. I asked why she converted. I was told that her mother was a JW but also she didn't like how "mysterious and cryptic" the Bible is written. I explained that Jesus wrote in parables...etc

Thank you,
Erie

IMO, what you experienced was a form of witchcraft sent against you. I would suggest you learn some spiritual warfare. I know that isn't commonly taught in Baptist churches.

I myself have been in conflicts with covens. I had the leadership of the local coven in my military dorm. I had to teach the other Christians on the base how to do spiritual warfare and our authority over the forces of the enemy. Once I did, things changed drastically. Christians all over the base were breaking their curses and spells. Most of the coven members ended up in prison where many of them repented and the rest died.

Now one thing I like to use against JWs is their lack of knowledge. For example Jehovah is the germanized form of the name of Yahweh/Yahuvah. They are using the wrong name. Jehovah is not a valid form. They also don't know that Jesus' name was really Yeshua. Why do they use an incorrect form of the name?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Thank you,
Erie

Never welcome them again into your home,they are trained to refute Gods word.
God was with you all along,you received discernment from The Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

vjcoppola

Sep 3, 2012
Western New York
✟7,664.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, you already have allot of good advice but here are a couple other things to remember. The idea that Jesus is created is not a new one.

The first ones that had the same idea as the Jehovah witnesses were the Jews of Jesus day. When he proclaimed to be The Son od God the Jews knew exactly what he meant and accused him of blasphemy and wanted to stone Him because He identified Himself with God.

Later there was a heretical teaching by a Bishop Arius which led to the council of Nicea and the Nicean Creed. His main opponent and defender of The Trinity was St. Athenasius. His question to Arius is a good one to ask Jehovahs witnesses:

Ask, is salvation from God or from man?

One can hardly deny that Jesus is our savior. Was it a man or was it God who did so?

God bless you and may He be present and support you when they return.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
The reason you felt all weirded out is because they actually minister a spirit of deception. You were feeling the results of that spirit. They've changed their Bible hundreds of times.

Before I became a Christian, I hung out with some people from "The Way" (cult). They were nice, but planted some seed of the enemy and a deceiving spirit came along (at no extra cost!). I no longer believed in the Trinity. After they kicked me out for asking too many questions, I was alone and received revelation on the Emmanuel scripture (God is with us). I was born again and later filled with the Spirit.

You can learn scriptures that defy what they preach, but the best answer for them is for them to see your redeemed life. They can't argue with that. They believe the whole orthodox church is apostate (just like the Mormons).

They argue that the word "Trinity" is not in the scripture. Neither is the word "Bible", yet we obviously have one. Neither is the word "Theocratic" which is one of their biggest words to describe how their group can best tell you how to please God out of everybody on the whole earth.

I've collected over a hundred scriptures that deal with the Trinity. Really, passages that demonstrate the character of God in Jesus and the Holy Spirit (along with the Father). We could make a long discussion about it, but it likely won't benefit a JW unless they are seeking. But there is nothing like the power of God demonstrated by a living witness.

Ever wonder how their is only one God, and yet Jesus and the Father can hear your prayer (from millions at the same time)? How Jesus will come to you, and the Father will make His abode with you? How God will walk in you as a temple of the Holy Spirit?

All the power resident in the Word of God is in Jesus.
Jesus took on human form. That's not what men do. That's what God does! Jesus is the Word of God, came to us from the bosom of the Father. Like the Holy Spirit, He proceeds from the Father. Jesus is the express image of the Father, yet we only have one God.

The "Hear O Israel" scripture the Lord our God is one Lord...

The "One" is echad (a compound unity demonstrated as exactly that in a number of scriptures). Elohim is a plural noun. If you're carrying a deceiving spirit, you can have the truth presented to you and you still can't see it. Only if you're seeking, will you have a listening heart.

You do well to destroy the Watchtower every chance you get. Only 144K get to go to Heaven in the JW organization, and that number was taken up 100 years ago. How sad. If they leave the cult, their JW family members will not speak to them again.

JWs believe that Michael the Archangel was recreated in Jesus' body (instead of Jesus) when He was risen from the dead. You need to believe that Jesus was raised from the dead to be saved. The increase of His kingdom will never end (but for the JWs it did). Why did the divine Son of God, in the image of God, when you've seen Me, you've seen the Father - Emmanuel not be able to be raised from the dead like He said He would and have an angel take His place? (Smell a serpent?)

Pray for the JWs, but don't listen to their web of deception. They are practiced in their lies. You might try to compete with them mentally, but again, that will not save them. Your witness of how God came into your life is powerful and the love of God through you will plant a seed that you can water with prayer.

Here's some links to some free mp3s from the Firefighter's for Christ website. This link is from one year, but they have about 5 years of teachings dealing with various cults. It's a hobby of mine since I love the truth of the Word compared to the weakness of the enemy's lies. It's good to study to show yourself approved as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

asiyreh

God is salvation
Mar 14, 2012
Ireland
✟9,457.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I watched various lectures on this topic I've come to the conclusion JW's simply don't understand Greek and or are willing ignorant of it's practical application.

It's so sad because although they appear to be good "christians" they simply missed the Rock of the Gospel which is the revelation of Christ. And the Word was God.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
IMO, what you experienced was a form of witchcraft sent against you. I would suggest you learn some spiritual warfare. I know that isn't commonly taught in Baptist churches.

I myself have been in conflicts with covens. I had the leadership of the local coven in my military dorm. I had to teach the other Christians on the base how to do spiritual warfare and our authority over the forces of the enemy. Once I did, things changed drastically. Christians all over the base were breaking their curses and spells. Most of the coven members ended up in prison where many of them repented and the rest died.

Now one thing I like to use against JWs is their lack of knowledge. For example Jehovah is the germanized form of the name of Yahweh/Yahuvah. They are using the wrong name. Jehovah is not a valid form. They also don't know that Jesus' name was really Yeshua. Why do they use an incorrect form of the name?
I agree Jehovah is a replace name for the name God told Moses,actually we cannot pronounce,Gods personal name.
If they missed it with the name of their cult you can imagine the rest of their made up nonsense.

Upvote 0

Jupiter Drops

be like a flower and turn your face to the sun
Jan 20, 2012
✟21,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had the same experience of being very cold physically around people who hated Christians and spoke it loudly in public. They were my friends, and even though I asked them why and told them that was not what Christianity was about, they still went on with their ramblings and tried to cut me off. At that moment, I suddenly felt so cold as if I were in a bitter, winter storm. And it was summer at that time! I was sniffling and shaking.

My friend whom I spoke to privately told me that although she believed that Jesus existed, she didn't believe in Him. The whole time that I was talking to her, I felt colder. Strangely, the more I pressed on about what Christianity was, the more I felt less cold. I asked the Holy Spirit to be with me. I've always asked HS to be with me, but I've always felt physically cold. But that day, I was starting to warm up a little more.

One time, a JW woman contacted me through phone when I was a child. She told me to bring out my Bible, and made me read from Genesis. At first, what she said was correct biblically, but then later, she began to say some odd things that didn't seem to match up with the Bible. Even as a child, I knew that something was off. Now that I think about that incident, I think JW also use some Gnostic material into their teachings to lure people in.

JWs are, in essence, brainwashed. They make themselves higher than God, and are proud of their 'knowledge.' My friend who was a JW asked me if I believed that Jesus was the Son of God, and I said yes. She gave me this odd glare for a long time and looked away. It was in a class room, and I felt everyone stare at me, but I said it anyway. It was the weirdest experience I had in school. After that incident, she treated me coldly and didn't welcome me. She never did treat me kindly like she did with other people, but she became colder toward me afterwards.

Pray for those JW women who come to your door. They will keep on attacking you spiritually next time. You don't have to answer them, but if you have no choice to ignore them, prepare yourself with scriptures. Keep on praying for them, and ask your pastor or a well versed, good Christian friend to help you on this. But I do recommend you not to answer them next time. Concentrate on your relationship with God more and pray for these women who are lost.

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Thank you,
Erie

Make no mistake, you are dealing with a powerful sect of Satan's church. The JWs deny Jesus is the Christ, deny that Jesus is God and have perverted Scripture, by re-interpreting various passages about Jesus, to say what they want them to say. You should never invite them into your home. If you want to talk with them, talk to them out in the front yard, because, by doing so, their ability to control the environment is greatly dimished and your ability to escape is greatly increased.

2 John 1: 7-10(AMP)
7 For many imposters (seducers, deceivers, and false leaders) have gone out into the world, men who will not acknowledge (confess, admit) the coming of Jesus Christ (the Messiah) in bodily form. Such a one is the imposter (the seducer, the deceiver, the false leader, the antagonist of Christ) and the antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves (take care) that you may not lose (throw away or destroy) all that we and you have labored for, but that you may [persevere until you] win and receive back a perfect reward [in full].
9 Anyone who runs on ahead [of God] and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ [who is not content with what He taught] does not have God; but he who continues to live in the doctrine (teaching) of Christ [does have God], he has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine [is disloyal to what Jesus Christ taught], do not receive him [do not accept him, do not welcome or admit him] into [your] house or bid him Godspeed or give him any encouragement.
11 For he who wishes him success [who encourages him, wishing him Godspeed] is a partaker in his evil doings.
Where does the Bible say that Jesus is God?

Jesus claimed to be God in John 8:24; 8:56-59 (see Exodus 3:14) and John 10:30-33. Jesus is called God in John 1:1 & 14, Colossians 2:9, Titus 2:13 and Hebrews 1:8.

They say that unless the Bible explicitly states something as fact, then it does not exist.

Explicitly
a. To fully and clearly express; leaving nothing implied.
b. To be fully and clearly defined or formulated.

They are trying to say that the Trinity doesn't exist because the word Trinity is not in the Bible and the Bible does not have a verse that says God is a Trinity. That is their whole premise, but their premise is false. The Bible does not have to have the word Trinity or a verse that says God is a Trinity, contained within it's pages, in order for it to be true.

Visit the following link~~~> http://carm.org/trinity . Towards the bottom of the page you will find the Trinity chart. It will help you see how the doctrine of the Trinity is systematically derived from Scripture. The JWs are absolutely wrong in saying, that the Trinity doesn't exist, because the Bible doesn't have a verse that says, 'God is a Trinity'.

Upvote 0

shiftyQ

Nov 21, 2012
Australia
✟15,118.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
I had a encounter with JW recently. Iwas only a month into reading the bible. I was sitting in the city when they talked with me while I was reading my bible. Because I don't know a lot about the different denominations and different interperetations I talked with them for a while. What alerted me was a trick any cultish organization uses. They handed me a booklet which was titled "What the bible really says". Yeah right! A 100 page booklet is going to sum up the bible. I flicked through and they pointed me to a section which was basically 4 verses from scripture paraphrased into one paragraph. Luckily I had read those verses several times in previous days and even in my inexeperience could see that they were totally misinterpereting to get their opinion accross. Paraphrasing scripture? Thats just dodgy! All these types are the same, show them you can think for yourself and they either wither, or become defensive, angry etc. Also if you feel a situation is wrong, your right.

Upvote 0