1. New: Christian Forums Staff Recruit Video.- It's that time of year again. We are having our annual Staff Recruit Drive. Simply ask any staffer to help you apply and enjoy the video...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please help us test our new CF PrayPal app available right now in the Google Play store for Android devices. The iPhone app should be available within the next few days. If you would be so kind to also add a review for it that would be great! Thanks!

Just Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Straight men and gay sex

Discussion in 'Archived - Ethics & Morality' started by flicka, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flicka

flicka Contributor

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Agnostic
    Why do so many straight men engage in homosexual sex? And I'm not talking about pedophiles (which is an entirely different issue) but honest to goodness adults hooking-up-with-a-gay-man sex? I know two gay men who both told me that they have been with straight guys and that straight guys flirt with them all the time. What's up with that?

2. igotbegot

igotbegot New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Other-Church
    I guess those guys are in the closet, or bisexual.

3. Fear

Fear Guest

Some people are heteroflexible, I guess. Just another peculiarity within the giant and crazy spectrum of human sexuality. I have no plans to bat for the other team, but who knows what kind of dirty old man I'll become.

4. Deadbolt

Deadbolt Mocker and Scoffer

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Humanist
    Curiosity perhaps? Honestly, I do not know, but I have encountered this phenomenon before. I personally don't really care for straight men, but then, I'm not at all sexually active.

5. uberd00b

uberd00b The Emperor has no clothes.

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Taoist
    Lol good word. Yeah I think peoples sexuality is never as clear cut as we're led to believe.

6. Apollo Celestio

Apollo Celestio Deal with it.

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian-Seeker
    Who knows, I remember in sociology class, talking about how married guys did this back in the 60's or so. Must be some sort of desire, I don't know what it is, but I don't think it's that they are strictly homosexuals..

7. coyoteBR

coyoteBR greetings

Faith:
    Other-Church
    Pehaps there's some biological explanation that can explain it, too, as men's brain is geared to have lot's of sex, while women's brain focus in having fewer, carefully selected partners (if there's more up-to-date research that contradicts that, sorry for not knowing it in advance).

8. jayem

jayem Naturalist

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Atheist
    This isn't what the OP is referring to, but there also is situational homosexuality. Where otherwise straight men have same-sex relations due to unavailability of female partners. It was a not uncommon phenomenon among sailors on long sea voyages. And it still occurs in prisons, though power and dominance are involved as much as libido.

It's fair to ask how many straight women have had lesbian encounters. That probably is just as common. (It obviously goes on in women's prisons, too.)

9. Zaac

Zaac New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Baptist
    Sin does not discriminate. As we deepen into these last days the Bible says 1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them. 2 Tim 3:1-5

People are being led by the flesh and not the spirit. As we move farther and farther away from absolute truth toward moral relativism, more and more people are gonna do whaever feels good to them and they won't be discriminative about who they are doing it with.

10. Steezie

Steezie Guest

It probably has more to do with men being geared for more sex and curiosity than anything else.

If a guy flirts with me, usually I flirt back a little. I feel bad just totally torpedoing them so I flirt back a little, enough to make them at least not feel like they got brushed off (I HATE it when girls act like they're too good to talk to someone who flirts a little, I understand some guys are creepy but seriously).

Would I have sex with another guy? **Shrug** If I found a cute enough one and I was single, sure. Problem is Im so picky about that kind of thing I'd never find anyone. Plus body hair is kinda a turn-off.

Zaac, you're fighting human nature. History has shown that thats a battle you cannot win. People are geared the way they are geared and you are just gonna have to accept that, cutie :D

11. Robbie_James_Francis

Robbie_James_Francis May all beings have happiness and its causes

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Humanist
    I'm not sure why but I'd definitely like to know where they hang out. ;)

12. tammym1972

tammym1972 Senior Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I know a guy that did this just because he was curious. He is willing to try anything sexual I think.

13. metherion

metherion Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Catholic
    I know a guy who does it every couple of years.

His reason is (if I can remember it exactly):
    "I try it every so often to make sure I still don't like it."
    Or something very similar.

Metherion

14. Deadbolt

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Humanist
  15. Floatingaxe

Floatingaxe New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    CA-Conservatives
    Faith:
    Word-of-Faith
    It's a mental disorder, a perversion, and only stupid people do it.

16. Steezie

Steezie Guest

That was kinda, slightly, sorta TOTALLY COMPLETELY AND HORRIFICALLY un-necessary

IzzyPop likes this.
  17. Avatar

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    CA-Conservatives
    Faith:
    Christian
    News to me. Didn't know straight guys banged (or were banged by) other guys. Seems odd if you're really straight. That's not to say I'm not flattered if a guy finds me interesting at the bar or something, I just wouldn't go with it because I don't see that I'd get much out of it. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

18. Floatingaxe

Floatingaxe New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    CA-Conservatives
    Faith:
    Word-of-Faith
    Oh I'm sorry--only people of superb character would do such a stupid thing.

19. Deadbolt

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Humanist
    Couldn't sexuality have nothing to with character? I mean, I'd like to think weather or not I behave in an acceptable fashion is judged by more than who I happen to love...

20. Steezie

Steezie Guest

THATS more like it :)

If thats your opinion, fine. But seriously, people do not appreciate being talked to like they're freaks of nature for what they feel.

And I for one think its the height of arrogance to sit there on your high horse and sneer at the "mentally ill" and to talk to people like somehow you're better than they are because "you just don't DO that icky stuff!"

Well let me tell you a little somethin' somethin', hon. Someone who doesn't recoil in horror if a member of the same gender gives them a little slap on the butt probably has more mental grounding than someone who immediately goes into the "circle circle dot dot" mental mantra and lunges for the anti-bacterial loofah.

xMinionX and Westvleteren like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.