STOP What You Are Doing and Go Get Fahrenheit 9/11 DVD From Your Library!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuzQ

I'm.....Wonder Woman
Apr 8, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
✟11,417.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Harpuia said:
Mine is:

2004 - George Bush.

And I almost (swear to God) voted for Michael Peroutka, before I saw the KKK supporting him. That kinda gave me no choice but to go Bush.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Harpuia again."

So young, and yet so intelligent. ;) Gives me hope for my "little brothers & sisters" of the next generation coming up behind us.

I was your age when I voted for Bill Clinton because he was "cool" :doh: (I saw him play saxophone on Mtv). Some people voted for Kerry last fall because, like, Bruce Springsteen liked him - fer sure! So I guess I don't feel as bad. LOL!

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
SuzQ said:
You irritated me before, but I agree with this post completely. LOL!

I do that a lot. Maybe I'm just too weird.

Look how many people jumped on me for presenting another side - suddenly I was accused of "Republican Speak", right-wing blah-blah-blah! I vote for the CANDIDATE & what I think is most important at the time of an election. Here's my Presidential voting record for some of you accusing me of being an "all-or-nothing" conservative right-winger:

Bill Clinton - Dem
Bob Dole - Repub
Al Gore - Dem
George W. Bush - Repub

Cool.

And, no I'm not a fence-post sitter, either. Again, it all depends on their experience & issues at hand. I've also sort of grown up a bit (meaning I voted for Bill Clinton because he, uh, looked "cool". Egads.). Yes, being a born-again Christian now, I do tend to vote for the candidate that is pro-life (now that I know the TRUTH). That is first & foremost. Yup, we won't have to argue about things like Social Security while we allow the legal murder of human beings every day, will we? ;)

True. I like to take it one step further. I like to vote for the candidate who will best eliminate the conditions that make abortion attractive. I think a pro-lifer who was also careful with social policies and support would be perfect. Where is he/she?

Moral of the story: Just because someone doesn't like Michael Moore doesn't mean they are a mindless die-hard right wing conservative. Get it? Sheesh.

Too right!

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Scribbler said:
Well, it was a poor analogy. Youre comparing cars & TV's with Systems of Government, after all.

No, I'm really just trying to say that everything can be improved. Ford made the first mass-produced car, but BM'ers are better because they took it a stpe further. Likewise, the US laid down an excellent foundation, but younger governments took it further. But then again, the US did a lot of progressive development early on too.

I said this? Does change always equal improvment?

No, but improvement can't come without it either.

So hostile. What I said was the US is the worlds oldest Democracy (neglecting, unfortunately, the good people of Iceland). The fact that we have sustained this is evidence to me of a successful system of government.

Sure, it's successful, but it needs some new life. It needs some inspired leadership. It needs a working class party too, IMHO.

OK, Iceland is an older democracy than the US. LOL. You got me.

The Iroquois used to have one too, I believe. I'd have to check it.

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
SuzQ said:
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Harpuia again."

So young, and yet so intelligent. ;) Gives me hope for my "little brothers & sisters" of the next generation coming up behind us.

I was your age when I voted for Bill Clinton because he was "cool" :doh: (I saw him play saxophone on Mtv). Some people voted for Kerry last fall because, like, Bruce Springsteen liked him - fer sure! So I guess I don't feel as bad. LOL!

Democrats count on the teenagers/20s for their last source of votes because they are considered "cooler" than Republicans. Besides who wants to be a "square" and whine about oral sex being real sex just because you're not getting any? ;)

But I think the youngster vote was only slightly pro-Kerry this time. Kerry would've been our next president...provided...if they decided to vote. :doh:

Upvote 0
R

Redneck

Harpuia said:
Democrats count on the teenagers/20s for their last source of votes because they are considered "cooler" than Republicans. Besides who wants to be a "square" and whine about oral sex being real sex just because you're not getting any? ;)

But I think the youngster vote was only slightly pro-Kerry this time. Kerry would've been our next president...provided...if they decided to vote. :doh:

ROFL. After what the Democrats bought in Washington State (an election victory for a Democrat where the number of illegal votes exceeded the margin of victory by a 12x) I wouldn't vote for a Democrat for dogcatcher. :thumbsup:

The political climate in Washington is also turning against King County too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rosenherman

Sparkly rainbow butterfly kitten
Aug 25, 2004
Right coast
✟12,972.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Republican
Scribbler said:
Better than mine-
1988-Bush
1992-Bush
1996- Didn't Vote
2000-Didn't Vote
2004-Didn't Vote

LOL
You ought to be ashamed of yourself!! How dare you even post!! You have abrogated your responsiblity and given up your right to comment on politics!! People die to do what you have so cavalierly given up. Go stand in the corner until you have enough sense to apologize to everyone and vote, everytime you get a chance. You make me sick.:mad:

Upvote 0

Scribbler

Ignoring all links to Huffington Post
Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
rosenherman said:
You ought to be ashamed of yourself!! How dare you even post!! You have abrogated your responsiblity and given up your right to comment on politics!! People die to do what you have so cavalierly given up. Go stand in the corner until you have enough sense to apologize to everyone and vote, everytime you get a chance. You make me sick.:mad:
:D...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
rosenherman said:

/me hopes that was sarcasm... lol.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.