STOP What You Are Doing and Go Get Fahrenheit 9/11 DVD From Your Library!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SackLunch

Jul 22, 2005
BBQ Heaven: Texas, USA
✟1,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now I have to say, I'm a weirdo. I am a fundamentalist Christian, BUT I am having a serious problem with the Bush Administration. I personally believe they are corrupt as all get out. I know I will likely take heat from other fundies here, but hey, I've seen WAY too much to think otherwise.

Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 really cinched it for me. I just saw the movie on DVD care of my local library - FREE! You guys, if you haven't watched this movie yet, GET IT. It will radically alter your views on the Bush administration, the war in Iraq, and the REAL REASONS we went to war in the first place. If you've already seen the movie, the DVD has TONS of extra special features.

Keep an open mind. I know, I know, some people will say Michael Moore is a huge anti-American liberal. But if you watch this movie, you will see that he actually HONORS the troops and HELPS the troops' families out. He really does care about this country, I see that now.

Why did VP Dick Cheney keep secret the energy policy documents?
Why did President Bush refuse to create a 9/11 commission at first?
Why did Condy Rice and Powell both say in early 2001 that Saddam posed no threat because we had him contained?
What is the significance of an oil pipline that was conveniently being installed AFTER Iraq was taken over by the U.S. and guarded by military personnel?
Why did we REALLY go to Iraq?
What was Iraq REALLY like before the war?
Did they REALLY have WMDs?

So get out to your library and get Fahrenheit 9/11 on DVD!!

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
SackLunch said:
Now I have to say, I'm a weirdo. I am a fundamentalist Christian, BUT I am having a serious problem with the Bush Administration. I personally believe they are corrupt as all get out. I know I will likely take heat from other fundies here, but hey, I've seen WAY too much to think otherwise.

Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 really cinched it for me. I just saw the movie on DVD care of my local library - FREE! You guys, if you haven't watched this movie yet, GET IT. It will radically alter your views on the Bush administration, the war in Iraq, and the REAL REASONS we went to war in the first place. If you've already seen the movie, the DVD has TONS of extra special features.

Keep an open mind. I know, I know, some people will say Michael Moore is a huge anti-American liberal. But if you watch this movie, you will see that he actually HONORS the troops and HELPS the troops' families out. He really does care about this country, I see that now.

Why did VP Dick Cheney keep secret the energy policy documents?
Why did President Bush refuse to create a 9/11 commission at first?
Why did Condy Rice and Powell both say in early 2001 that Saddam posed no threat because we had him contained?
What is the significance of an oil pipline that was conveniently being installed AFTER Iraq was taken over by the U.S. and guarded by military personnel?
Why did we REALLY go to Iraq?
What was Iraq REALLY like before the war?
Did they REALLY have WMDs?

So get out to your library and get Fahrenheit 9/11 on DVD!!
Yeah, it's as truthful as the Columbine piece he did.

Upvote 0

Caprice

Devoted Husband and Daddy
Aug 30, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟17,168.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Croc said:
Sorry but every bit of that movie has been debunked. The movie was made to try to be a propaganda piece to alter the outcome of the last election and it failed.
Last I saw, every debunking that was done was then again debunked by the other side of the argument (was a long time ago tho, geesh, I can't believe this silly show is still circulating)... I'd love to see your sources.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Caprice said:
Last I saw, every debunking that was done was then again debunked by the other side of the argument (was a long time ago tho, geesh, I can't believe this silly show is still circulating)... I'd love to see your sources.

Check out the debunking that was done on CF. It was fantastic.

Upvote 0

SackLunch

Jul 22, 2005
BBQ Heaven: Texas, USA
✟1,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Croc said:
Sorry but every bit of that movie has been debunked. The movie was made to try to be a propaganda piece to alter the outcome of the last election and it failed.
Oh brother...typical head in the sand response...Yeah, it's all fake and he's just a huge liar... ;)

Not to mention why one non-political man would go to such extremes to influence an election...

You probably don't want to go, but here is a website that explains in detail the facts presented in Moore's movie. And YES, he DOES list sources used, and YES, they ARE credible. :)

http://www.michaelmoore.com/books-films/f911reader/index.php?id=16

Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
SackLunch said:
Oh brother...typical head in the sand response...Yeah, it's all fake and he's just a huge liar... ;)

Not to mention why one non-political man would go to such extremes to influence an election...

You probably don't want to go, but here is a website that explains in detail the facts presented in Moore's movie. And YES, he DOES list sources used, and YES, they ARE credible. :)

http://www.michaelmoore.com/books-films/f911reader/index.php?id=16
You know I remember reading that people who after watching this piece of junk that they convert to Republican at a rate of 3 out of 5. How? :scratch:

Upvote 0

Caprice

Aug 30, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟17,168.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
newlamb said:
Check out the debunking that was done on CF. It was fantastic.
Care to share a link with the class?

SackLunch said:
I wouldn't call Michael Moore and "non-political man" myself... *shrugs*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robbie_James_Francis

May all beings have happiness and its causes
Apr 12, 2005
England, UK
✟20,261.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
SackLunch said:
I know, I know, some people will say Michael Moore is a huge anti-American liberal.

SackLunch said:
he's just a huge liar

There's no need to call him "huge". He could lose a few pounds without being underweight, but he is by no means "huge". ;) ;) ;)

Sorry...thought I'd go off on a pointless tangent there.

...and now back to your scheduled programming for this evening...:)

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Caprice said:
Care to share a link with the class?

I googled it on CF and it didn't show up. I guess that old threads aren't saved that long anymore. Anyway, it was wonderful. The guy only watched about the first 5 minutes and refuted it with research just on the internet. Got to about 200 posts. Finally he could give it up because knew that MM was a liar (oops, sorry, a big fat liar). :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm no fan of Bush. In fact, I loathe Bush more with each passing day, but this movie is idiotic. He shows pre-war Iraq as some Utopian paradise with children laughing and flying kites and people going about their business and smiling and having a good ol' time. Not once does he mention the horrors of Hussein....the torture...murder....rape...etc.

Upvote 0

Caprice

Aug 30, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟17,168.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
InnerPhyre said:
I'm no fan of Bush. In fact, I loathe Bush more with each passing day,
You sound a lot like me - and I voted for him the first time around.

InnerPhyre said:
He shows pre-war Iraq as some Utopian paradise with children laughing and flying kites and people going about their business and smiling and having a good ol' time.
Funny aint it. I seem to remember thinking that it sounded like a cool place to live when my wife and I watched it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.