Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
1. Do you agree that God's original Plan, and in fact the very reason Christ came on earth, was that MAN (male and female) would work in partnership with one another to have authority and dominion over everything except fellow human beings?

2 Do you believe that is still God's model today not in the general sense but as the redeemed of the Lord?

No, I don't think the "very reason" Christ came to earth was to enable Man's dominion over it. Scripture is very clear that Christ's purpose in coming to earth was spiritual and eternal and centered upon his redemption of fallen humanity. Jesus was the "Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world." That was his primary purpose as the incarnation of God.

No, I don't think our dominion in this world is of any major interest to God. Paul wrote,

Colossians 3:1-3
1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.
2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

He echoed Christ who said,

Matthew 6:19-21
19 "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;
20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Selah.

Reactions: BFine
Upvote 0
Feb 3, 2016
UK
✟15,162.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I don't think the "very reason" Christ came to earth was to enable Man's dominion over it. Scripture is very clear that Christ's purpose in coming to earth was spiritual and eternal and centered upon his redemption of fallen humanity. Jesus was the "Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world." That was his primary purpose as the incarnation of God.

No, I don't think our dominion in this world is of any major interest to God. Paul wrote,

Colossians 3:1-3
1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.
2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

He echoed Christ who said,

Matthew 6:19-21
19 "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;
20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Selah.

Thanks for your reply @aiki. Point noted. Peace and blessings in the Lord

Upvote 0