1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Faith Options in Your User Profile
    Please click on the following regarding this important notice in Announcements:

Faith Options in Your User Profile.

Stick Ministry

Discussion in 'Children and Youth Ministry' started by Kristen.NewCreation, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Kristen.NewCreation

Kristen.NewCreation Asst. Policy Manager, Contact Us Manager Staff Member Administrator Supporter Recovery Team

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    Anyone doing a stick ministry with your kids? If so, how young do you take them in? How old is your highest age group?

I'm interested in doing a stick ministry.

2. Redheadedstepchild

Redheadedstepchild Child of God Supporter

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Methodist
    Hey Kristen - what is stick ministry? :scratch:

3. Kristen.NewCreation

Kristen.NewCreation Asst. Policy Manager, Contact Us Manager Staff Member Administrator Supporter Recovery Team

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    Stick ministry is the use of dowel rods put to music. It's quite beautiful. Here's an example.

4. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Doing better than I deserve!

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Pentecostal
    At our church we've used them as young as 3 or 4. If they are able to do it I say use them. Even at that young age they can minister to people.

5. Kristen.NewCreation

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    Wow. That's quite young! How did that work with attention span to learn the movements with the music?

6. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Doing better than I deserve!

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Pentecostal
    The attention span is short but as long as you keep practice time at a reasonable period of time it shouldn't be too bad. I wouldn't necessarily say every child that young can do it but there are some who can and really want too.
    I believe our practices were scheduled for 1/2 hour but generally were actually under 20 minutes. We haven't done it in awhile so I'm relying on my aging memory.