Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
As much as I hate the idea of a draft I've been convinced by posters here and other places that the best way to break america's love with war is to force people to go to war against their will.

Hey, it worked with Vietnam :p

Upvote 0

Leere

Mar 22, 2011
✟8,488.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
As much as I hate the idea of a draft I've been convinced by posters here and other places that the best way to break america's love with war is to force people to go to war against their will.
That's right. :thumbsup: It doesn't matter how many poor young volunteers die, so long as it's not the well off.

Reactions: Tacere
Upvote 0

disciple2011

Jun 5, 2011
✟16,489.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
What an insulting crock of supercilious garbage you write to this lady. Your arrogance toward her generation is manifested in your attacks which reference absolutely nothing she either stated or implied. Where did she claim that her generation was "pristine?"

"Your 1950s malt shop doo waa pristine memories are nostalgic crap," you say. Where did she express that idea? She was speaking about what she sees as an erosion in our respect for the Constitution.

However, she may not have been talking about the culture, but I will. That way at least your anger toward all things Leave it to Beaver will be directed toward a more proper target. Because for decades now, every generation is right to recognize that the succeeding one into which they have survived is more degraded than the one before.

Now admittedly this is all subjective and will be difficult to debate. I mean, how can I PROVE that Howard Stern is more decadent than Arthur Godfrey, or that Lady Gaga is less healthy for ten year-olds to watch than Ann Margaret? I can't. OK, never mind. No debate.

I'm tempted to say that your disrespectful post itself is proof of my point. But how can I prove that "respect for your elders" is even a good thing? I can't.

Id you care to defend a person that again does not take into account past generations then have at it.

Those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it.

Upvote 0

disciple2011

Jun 5, 2011
✟16,489.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private

That will not stop it.

Right after WWII we drafted for Korea and then right after that Vietnam.

And guess who did not serve? The rich sons.

Because they could get out due to other obligations.

They will have war whether there is a draft or if it is the current all mercenary forces we have now.

The US likes war because it was born of it.

Upvote 0