ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
We are just like a computer, that when its time, we just "shut off".

:confused: This is the best that this "Intellectual" can do?? This is supposed to be the profound knowledge that an intellectual can come up with? Never really was a surprise to me though.

tapi

Apr 19, 2010
Stockholm
✟147,994.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

confused.gif
This is the best that this "Intellectual" can do?? This is supposed to be the profound knowledge that an intellectual can come up with? Never really was a surprise to me though.

No need to question his intelligence. Even if you don't agree with his religious-philosophical ideas and opinions, he is still one of the most important and notable intellectuals and scientists of today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allen1901
Upvote 0

Allen1901

King's Knight
Nov 1, 2008
The Road to Damascus, Virginia U.S.A.
✟73,745.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No need to question his intelligence. Even if you don't agree with his religious-philosophical ideas and opinions, he is still one of the most important and notable intellectuals and scientists of today.

I agree with this!

Upvote 0

kevlite2020

rawr means I love you in dinosaur!
Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't doubt his academic, intellectual prowess, but even then, his conclusion is just about as profound as the average Joe off the street.

If there was no god, that would be the most likely conclusion. As much as I wish he would believe, if he's not going to he came up with the "next best" conclusion.

Upvote 0

penNpaper

Keep on moving
Nov 14, 2006
Youngstown
✟33,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
He needs Jesus Christ to be His Loving Savior just like Charlie Sheen needs Jesus as well as Adult inappropriate content Stars need Him as their Loving Lord. I know it seems -impossible- to realized but those groups of people need the Lord as well.

God Bless,
Drew

Upvote 0

kevlite2020

rawr means I love you in dinosaur!
Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He needs Jesus Christ to be His Loving Savior just like Charlie Sheen needs Jesus as well as Adult inappropriate content Stars need Him as their Loving Lord. I know it seems -impossible- to realized but those groups of people need the Lord as well.

God Bless,
Drew

I haven't followed what this group has done in a long time, but anyone here check out xxx church before? It's a really interesting group of Christians in Vegas who preach to inappropriate content stars. They have all sorts of materials and links and what not to help with inappropriate content struggles, and they go right to the inappropriate content industry and try to inspire change. It's a really neat concept.

Upvote 0

penNpaper

Keep on moving
Nov 14, 2006
Youngstown
✟33,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I haven't followed what this group has done in a long time, but anyone here check out xxx church before? It's a really interesting group of Christians in Vegas who preach to inappropriate content stars. They have all sorts of materials and links and what not to help with inappropriate content struggles, and they go right to the inappropriate content industry and try to inspire change. It's a really neat concept.

I heard about it. I also heard about Hookers For Jesus that does the same thing. Shelley Lubben has a website that she made who is a Christian but was an ex-adult star. If anyone struggles with inappropriate content addiction to read stories about what the adult industry is -really- about and then by the Grace of God you can break free from all the lies from it. It is fantasy not reality.

God Bless,
Drew

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Allen1901

King's Knight
Nov 1, 2008
The Road to Damascus, Virginia U.S.A.
✟73,745.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I heard about it. I also heard about Hookers For Jesus that does the same thing. Shelley Lubben has a website that she made who is a Christian but was an ex-adult star. If anyone struggles with inappropriate content addiction to read stories about what the adult industry is -really- about and then by the Grace of God you can break free from all the lies from it. It is fantasy not reality.

God Bless,
Drew

Hooker for Jesus

Reactions: penNpaper
Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

:confused: This is the best that this "Intellectual" can do?? This is supposed to be the profound knowledge that an intellectual can come up with? Never really was a surprise to me though.

I don't understand what you're taking issue with. His belief or the way he worded it?

I'm pretty sure Hawking could use bigger words to describe it if he wanted to.

But the idea is simple, so why should his explanation be complex?

Personally, I'm closer to agreeing with Hawking on this issue than I am with Plato whose philosophy of an "eternal soul" most Christians these days follow.

Reactions: .Mikha'el.
Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Personally, I'm closer to agreeing with Hawking on this issue than I am with Plato whose philosophy of an "eternal soul" most Christians these days follow.

Are you saying that you don't believe that we are eternal beings?

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that you don't believe that we are eternal beings?

I don't believe we are inherently eternal beings.

I believe eternal life is a gift given to those who put their trust in God.

Everyone else will suffer the second death. Which, IMHO, is like Hawking says: they will cease to live, like a computer being shut off.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I don't agree with Hawking that there won't be judgment after death.

Revelation tells us that everyone will be resurrected to stand judgment and those whose names are not found in the Book of Life will be cast into the lake of fire which is the second death.

I do think that the wicked will suffer punishment for their evil deeds.

So, there's a little more to it than just being "shut off". But, I do think that's essentially what the lake of fire accomplishes. In the end.

Upvote 0