Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Have you seen the news about this statue? This is supposed to be a 'counter balance' of the monument to the ten commandments.

the-satanic-temples-template-for-a-statue-of-baphomet-is-pictured-in-this-undated-handout-photo-obtained-by-reuters-june-27-2014.jpg
Notice the upraised hand?

icon_of_christ.jpg

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
hasn't this been discussed on the forum before ?
Not that I'm aware of, they just installed it at the end of July. It got my attention when I heard of that guy that is running for the US Senate that changed his name and did some kind of ceremony in the desert where afterwards he slaughtered a goat and drank it's blood. He's in the Libertarian party but they are trying to distance themselves from him.

It seems as though things are getting much worse even though there are those who deny it, and this is a biggie if you ask me.

The problem is most people don't even see it happening or they just shrug and ignore it because there is so much going on and we have so many things coming at us at once it's impossible to focus.

He won't let anyone know what his given name was.
He legally changed his name to

Augustus Sol Invictus -----means in Latin ---

Augustus--- Great, venerable, meaning to increase
Sol-------Sun
Invictus --Unconquered

Sol Invictus was the Roman Sun god

That right there says a WHOLE lot when you think about it.
He wants to be able to propose his beliefs before the Senate (and change laws)
He is said to be of a charismatic personality

Mr. Invictus told the Associated Press in an interview this week that he practices Thelema, a pagan religion based on the teachings of British occultist Aleister Crowley

He performed the ritual in the wilderness when he was 30 years old

I am trying to find out exactly when he did this because I have an odd feeling it was Sept 13-14 which was Yom Kippur and it fell on a Shabbat.

All the news I've read on this only says he did it two years ago, but when this was reported first it would have been almost exactly two years and they didn't say almost two years or over two years.

If anyone comes across a date this happened please post it here. with link.

Last edited:
Reactions: ContraMundum
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
More on Sol Invictus

In AD 219, not long after Elagabalus arrived from Syria, where he had been the hereditary priest of the sun god Elagabal in Emesa, Sol Invictus (the Invincible or Unconquerable Sun) was introduced to Rome as its principal deity. Elagabalus enlarged the Temple of Jupiter Victor on the Palatine and rededicated it in AD 221 as the Elagabalium (Herodian, Roman History, V.5.8), where the rites of Jews and Christians were to be transferred "in order that the priesthood of Elagabalus might include the mysteries of every form of worship" (Historia Augusta, III.4).

Indeed, the emperor, sought "to abolish not only the religious ceremonies of the Romans but also those of the whole world, his one wish being that the god Elagabalus should be worshipped everywhere"

that to me sounds very much like the beast and false prophet alliance.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks some how I missed it but the main connection I see is to this Senate hopeful.

“The guy is a nut, speaks in tongues or whatever. Weird stuff,” Stone said. “They need someone to run against him to make sure he doesn’t win and make us all look crazy.”

“Many of his supporters are known members of Neo-Nazi and white supremacist groups"

Invictus acknowledged he changed his name and wouldn’t confirm or deny Wyllie’s claim that his birth name was Austin Gillespie.

Another notable change with Invictus: His public speaking persona is far different than his one-on-one interactions. On his Facebook page, Invictus has a fierce and dramatic oratorical style and occasionally sounds like a Southerner. In casual conversation, though, he has no accent. Invictus said the change is a result of nerves.

“I want you to take LSD and practice sorcery,” he says at one point. “I’m also Old World Pagan and a white Southerner. So I know what it’s like to be treated like a wolf in a hen house.”

Quotes from here http://www.capitalnewyork.com/artic...-goat-sacrifice-eugenics-and-chairs-resignati

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Funny how some nuts are always trying to resurrect empty, powerless religions and belief systems long dead because they actually didn't work.

It really just childish rebellion but the scary thing is that people are that morally and intellectually bankrupt that they would consider it as a viable alternative. It will all come to nothing but it does show something about the hearts and minds of those involved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
He sent this letter in a mass email on April 20 2013, this was a Shabbat

AUGUSTUS SOL INVICTUS — DEPARTURE MEMO

To the Grey World of Man:

They say that only failures become revolutionaries; that those who perpetrate violence in the name of a great cause only do so because they have failed at everything else in life. In other words, they only become revolutionaries because they have achieved nothing of value in the “real” world.

Witness ye the glory of my life at 29 years of age: I have four children, each of whom should be the envy of every parent in the world; I have attained a Baccalaureate Degree in Philosophy with honors; I have attained a Doctorate in Law, cum laude; I have acquired licenses in the profession of law in the States of New York, Illinois, and Florida; I am scheduled to acquire two more such licenses in North Carolina & Massachusetts; I am Editor-in-Chief of a poetry journal; I run an independent publishing company; I have opened my own law office in downtown Orlando; I am an MBA candidate; and I have accomplished a few other things that will remain off the record for now.

I am of genius intellect & cultured, well-educated & creative, well-mannered & refined. I am God’s gift to humankind where the English language is concerned, and I also happen to have a basic knowledge of Latin, Greek, French, Spanish, and Italian. I am musical & artistic; I am athletic & possessed of militant self-discipline; and I am many other things. I have a Cadillac & a poodle, multiple computers & a personal library; I live in an apartment downtown, right across the street from the courthouse; I have been to Paris & Vancouver, to Cairo & Dubrovnik, to Mexico City & Siracusa. I dress better than all of you, pronounce my words perfectly, and have a winning, professional handshake. I am everything you ever wanted to be.

I challenge any of you, then, to accuse me of being a failure in this artificial civilization of yours. For it is beyond dispute that I have played your petty game, and I have won.

But your game no longer holds any interest for me. Your architecture is vapid & worthless, as is your decadent culture, the mindless drivel you call music, the filth you call democracy. You waste your lives watching pure excrement on television, shopping at the strip malls, planning your vacations to resorts & theme parks. The Internet, with its infinitude of information, is used for reading celebrity gossip & watching sitcoms. You have begun to reduce argument to memes & human communication to trite sound bites. Life has become trivial – and if you cannot feel the human spirit decaying, you are already dead.

As for those in the profession of law: The vast majority of you are nothing more than parasites. The only reason you eat, the only reason you can afford to have roofs over your heads, is that the lives of others have been ruined by the very laws & social order you claim to be legitimate. You feed off others like worms, and were this world & their lives just & in order, you would be out of work. Look upon your lives, and repent.

This modern civilization of which you are all so fond deserves naught from me but the violence of my contempt; and if you were strong enough, you would hold the same contempt & turn your torches upon the world as I shall.

WITNESS YE MY RENUNCIATION:

I hereby renounce my licenses to practice law, my diplomas, my affiliation with Rollins, DePaul, and the University of South Florida, my United States citizenship, my membership in the Roman Catholic Church, my law firm, my publishing company & poetry journal, and all of my material possessions.

To those who believe that this great renunciation is evidence of mental illness rather than the initiation of a spiritual journey: If my example stirs nothing in you, if you can see no further than the confines of what your secular humanism & its hallowed psychiatry allow, then there is nothing I can say to you that would wake you from your slumber. You are less than the beast in man. You are fungi. Would to God that you pass quickly from this Earth.

HEAR YE MY FINAL WORDS IN PEACETIME:

I have prophesied for years that I was born for a Great War; that if I did not witness the coming of the Second American Civil War I would begin it myself. Mark well: That day is fast coming upon you. On the New Moon of May, I shall disappear into the Wilderness. I will return bearing Revolution, or I will not return at all.

War Be unto the Ends of the Earth,

Augustus Sol Invictus
Orlando, Florida, USA
XX Aprilis MMXIII Satvrnvs

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
It really just childish rebellion but the scary thing is that people are that morally and intellectually bankrupt that they would consider it as a viable alternative. It will all come to nothing but it does show something about the hearts and minds of those involved.
Exactly.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It makes me sad to know that some would dismiss time and effort to cry in the wilderness.
Though invectus may seem estranged his words have weight in truth. Civilization has overwhelmed and destroyed the green our Lord has created.

I once heard a man at the store holler at the clerk while holding his money."This is the color of power"...

I couldnt help but speak and answered "no that is the color of trust"..

As my Lord said."They know not what they do"

Curses or Blessings.?

Upvote 0

sahjimira

God of miracles.. He saved ME!
Jul 29, 2015
Florida
✟18,595.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Wow, this guy has it all! Reminds me of ISIS and turning the world upside down in the name of God This guy mixes his self glory with the things of God thrown in. Mixes truth with his ideology. Kind of scary to me. Who would have

thought Hitler could have swayed a whole nation? He wasn't taken seriously by the world at first either

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
No...

This guy, like the millions of identical guys to come before him, is absolutely uninteresting. Mohammed, Joseph Smith, they all have a few tidbits of truth, so what ?
Nothing impressive at all about that. Donald Trump, Satan, Louis Farrakhan, they are all able to say a few words of truth occasionally.

Show me someone who doesn't have even a tidbit of truth, then I will be impressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: pinacled
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Has anyone who's read his departure memo thought that he does not exactly sound human? Some 'sound bites'

To the Grey World of Man

Witness ye the glory of my life at 29 years of age

I am of genius intellect & cultured, well-educated & creative, well-mannered & refined. I am God’s gift to humankind

possessed of militant self-discipline;

I am everything you ever wanted to be.

I challenge any of you, then, to accuse me of being a failure in this artificial civilization of yours. For it is beyond dispute that I have played your petty game, and I have won.

But your game no longer holds any interest for me. Your architecture is vapid & worthless, as is your decadent culture, the mindless drivel you call music, the filth you call democracy.

and if you cannot feel the human spirit decaying, you are already dead.

the lives of others have been ruined by the very laws & social order you claim to be legitimate.

This modern civilization of which you are all so fond deserves naught from me but the violence of my contempt;

HEAR YE MY FINAL WORDS IN PEACETIME:

I have prophesied for years that I was born for a Great War;

War Be unto the Ends of the Earth,

Augustus Sol Invictus
Orlando, Florida, USA
XX Aprilis MMXIII Satvrnvs

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Have you seen the news about this statue? This is supposed to be a 'counter balance' of the monument to the ten commandments.

the-satanic-temples-template-for-a-statue-of-baphomet-is-pictured-in-this-undated-handout-photo-obtained-by-reuters-june-27-2014.jpg
Notice the upraised hand?

icon_of_christ.jpg

Lulav, the hand gestures are nothing the same. Yeshua in the Orthodox icon is making a blessing with His Name through the Greek symbols for His Name...from Himself outwards are the letters ICXC

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lulav, the hand gestures are nothing the same. Yeshua in the Orthodox icon is making a blessing with His Name through the Greek symbols for His Name...from Himself outwards are the letters ICXC
It may not seem to be the same but it looks very similar to me. The Thumb touching the ring finger and pinkie. I didn't know what it meant but I saw it as a copy cat, imitation.

Upvote 0