✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OBOB General Politics Forum Statement of Purpose

This forum is for the discussion of political issues, within the context of the Catholic faith. Discussion of political issues unrelated to the Catholic faith is allowed, but posters will be held to a high standard of behavior.

All posts within this faith community must adhere to the Christian Forums Sitewide Rules.

This forum is part of OBOB, and as such, the OBOB Statement of Faith applies to this forum. If you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate or teach and may only post in fellowship.

Rules for this Forum

I. Address the post and not the poster
  • Address the context of the post and do not specifically attack a member or group of members.
  • Goading posts are intentionally or unintentionally baiting other members into responding with a flame.
  • Depending on context, the use of smilies may come across as flaming or goading.
  • It is not a flame for a member to disagree with another member's argument or opinion on a specific topic.
When you Disagree:

Members who participate in the OBOB General Politics forum are expected to treat one another with courtesy and respect at all times, ESPECIALLY when you disagree with each other.
  • When you disagree, address the context of the post and not the poster.
  • When you disagree with someone's position, you should post evidence and supporting statements for your position. This policy, sometimes referred to as "X means Y because of Z", must be followed especially when posting claims that are widely considered to be controversial.
  • When you disagree and you find yourself becoming frustrated and angry, step away from the computer and give yourself time to cool down.
  • Always proofread your post before hitting the "Reply" button to make sure you have responded with courtesy and respect.

II. No flaming opposing political ideological views
  • Always remember that you are first and foremost brothers and sisters in Christ, regardless of your personal political ideology.
  • If you would be offended by a word or phrase applied to your political viewpoint, then someone of the opposing viewpoint would be offended as well.
  • Do not identify a group of members or a political viewpoint with a derogatory or inflammatory label.
  • Do not use words or phrases which other members have indicated are offensive and derogatory.
  • Words and phrases which have a negative connotation in Scripture should not be used to describe a member, group of members, or a political viewpoint.
  • Absolutely no snarkiness (subtle or otherwise) in posts in this forum.

III. Off-topic threads
  • Threads that derail from the OP may be subject to a mod hat; a clean-up of off-topic posts, or a split into a separate thread.
  • If a thread has run it's course staff may chose to permanently close the thread.
  • Report major thread derailments and refrain from reporting individual off-topic posts which do not cause a thread derailment.

IV. Additional Rules
  • CF considers the term "tea bagger" to be a violation of the vulgarity rule. The predominant use of the term is one of insult to members that identify with tea parties.
  • Divisive, disruptive, and demeaning comments directed towards other members or groups of members will result in violations.

The wise in heart are called discerning, and pleasant words promote instruction. -- Proverbs 16:21

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. -- Psalm 19:14

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.