Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Reporter Times
Friday October 26, 2007

A judge painted a chilling portrait of a former school psychologist before sentencing him to 385 years in prison for molesting two boys.

Stephen Serino had a "sexual appetite for young boys," the judge said, and used his professional training to choose victims and gain the confidence of their families . . .

It's a parent's nightmare. And it's one of 30 accounts of sexual misconduct by licensed teachers and school employees recorded from 2001 to 2005 in Indiana . . .

http://www.reporter-times.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=92441&format=html

SteveAtheist

Jun 28, 2007
✟8,812.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You know Voegelin never posts about the thousands of teachers who don't have any misconduct and teach the youth of our country.

Every one of his posts are about something negative that a teacher has done. I have heard of people having vendetta's against cops, preists, politicians etc, but never teachers.

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's more about posting this stuff about other people than priests, since those have been pretty much the only ones posted on this forum, so he took on teachers . . .

It is the numbers and a matter of equity. Clean up the churches. I'm all for that. Stop abuse in the Boy Scouts. Great. But don't ignore a far larger problem.[sup]*[/sup] The Associated Press, after years of people lobbying for action to little effect, has broken the log jam with the series it did last week on abuse in our schools. About time. State legislatures are holding hearings. Local papers are following up on the work of the AP.

I have been very critical of the AP for years. But what it did this month is outstanding. What journalism should be.

[sup]*[/sup]Just to be clear: it is a "larger problem" because the number of public school employees--about 3 million--exceeds the number of people who have contact with children in any other organization. They are also around the kids longer.Statistically there will be more cases and there are. I am not making the argument there is something intrinsic about public education and teachers which mandates abuse happens. There isn't.

Upvote 0