State cleared to clamp down on nude beaches

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
Keep that towel handy. California parks officials can enforce a ban on nudity at any state beach, even in areas that have been informally designated as "clothing optional," a state appeals court says.

BOO!

The ruling doesn't apply to federal parkland such as the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, which includes San Francisco's North Baker Beach and several other Bay Area sites frequented by the unclad, or private land such as a portion of Muir Beach in Marin County. The National Park Service does not prohibit nudity on its land, said Chris Powell, spokeswoman for the national recreation area.

YEA!

But some popular clothing-optional state beaches, such as Gray Whale Cove south of Pacifica and Red Rock Beach in Mount Tamalpais State Park, will be affected.

BOO!

source

Richard

Legend
Aug 2, 2004
✟23,423.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I never understood the problem American society has with nudity. I've been in Europe for a couple of years, and Australia a few times and no one here has a problem with it; wish the USA would get on board with this.

It's because its taboo in most places. The USA restricts an odd amount of freedoms for being land of the free, but I still love this place and wouldn't live anywhere else.

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think most people go there to see nude people, they go there to be nude people. I've been to my share of nude beaches and I assure you once you've seen a few hundred naked people of all shapes and sizes, it doesn't matter anymore.

Who really wants to see a bunch of old, overweight people in the nude?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
I don't think most people go there to see nude people, they go there to be nude people. I've been to my share of nude beaches and I assure you once you've seen a few hundred naked people of all shapes and sizes, it doesn't matter anymore.
Boy, that's the truth.

Upvote 0