Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
so i been gone for a bit had to take a break then had health problems which almost killed me. No one seem to care i might die i could not help but be bitter these people i had helped for so long even open my home to them and gave them a place to live did not care, they said i was not a "priority". So i came home after two hospital stay which I got no sleep during because every hour they were pushing something new in me and taking blood, and all the neighbors rush up to me and want me to start doing stuff for them, this one needs this this one needs that. I had just gotten home from the hospital and was not to do to much or it could put my life in real danger. One thing i had was a blood clot in the arm, i was not suppose to lift with it because the clot could move and travel to my lungs or heart and that would be bad, so here i am an hour out of the hospital carrying cases of drinks up 3 flights of stairs. I had had it. When i was laying in the hospital all alone no one visiting me that night, i lay watching a lighting storm and talk to God. I was on the six floor and my room had a window floor to ceiling of the whole wall looking out at mountains. I watched the sky. I felt so alone but God was with me and I was then not so alone. I was ready to go I thought no one even cares why be nice, it does not good, why help people, where are they now? So I came home bitter. I was in some of the worse pain i ever felt and I have been in a lot of pain before. I got better and did not want to speak to anyone any more. I called some one to check on them when that person need my help. I told him i needed his help to if i was to help him I could by him food or wash clothes but not do both, so I said trade you i'll buy you food and do clothes at your place, I'll bring a movie. He said you can do clothes any time even if you don't. So it was settled. I was in such a great mood going to the store, I bought Him what he needed, on the way to his house I was happy, I remember my great mentor Jesus who said it is better to give than to receive. I never got what he meant. I had never experienced that. This time I got what Jesus meant. Had a great time with the guy just talking. so today the neighbors were not speaking to me I had been so grumpy i scared them. So i reached out to them to help them with there problems once again. I got talking to this one neighbor who hates people but loves animals. This woman has always bugged me she lies about everything
but i listen. See was saying this person should be put to death and that person for what they did to animals. I am not a good speaker but i saw an opening. I said well i follow God and he says human lives matter more than an animals. I said we eat animals she said i don't i said at one time you did, I said and God says there is nothing wrong with that. I said God gave us animals for food, another neighbor heard me and came running over agreeing. He started arguing with her that a mans family should not be put to death over a man killing an animal the lady yelled kill em all. The man neighbor was so upset he left. i left to but then called her and ask if she would like some pizza we just got, she is poor and mumbled she can not afford pizza. I said that is why we give you some when we get some. we can't afford it either but some one gave us the money for it, so. i talk to her some more came home and she called to thank, and started again about how people should die, I listen to her her life about how horrible people had been to her and how she lost faith in people, she claims she has God but I don't see that in her heart. I realize she was not unlike me when i came home from the hospital i had had enough. so had she. every chance I got i threw in something Jesus did or said and she listen. I found ways to complement her with things Jesus said. She liked this. In stead of preaching your a hypocrite, which she is, and your damn to hell if you go down that road i was positive. she said she does not forgive. I told her we are forgiven as we forgive. I threw as many seeds as i could. Then i saw.
God says anger does not produce the service to Him that He requires so be slow to anger. All this time i had been getting angry and going now where, but when i listen to this woman I found things i could love about her. I did not reject her but accepted her where she was at, Just as Jesus took me for me where I was at. I was able to love her when before i could not stand her.All because I did not get angry and I listen to her. People just want to be heard. Jesus said a gentle word repels anger. This is the way we should all preach with gentle words and true love for the person we are listening to. I think I am beginning to see, and I which you the sight that comes from the light who is Jesus.

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hi Bluelion. I know this is old news, but I was sifting through earlier posts and this one caught my attention. I hope you are recovered and still find opportunities to minister to your neighbor. I'm glad you shared this in such detail. Reading about your experience of struggle and recovery was balm to my soul. Thank you for sharing!

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Bluelion. I know this is old news, but I was sifting through earlier posts and this one caught my attention. I hope you are recovered and still find opportunities to minister to your neighbor. I'm glad you shared this in such detail. Reading about your experience of struggle and recovery was balm to my soul. Thank you for sharing!

Well sadly we came to find out the neighbor had been going behind our back telling lies to everyone else about us, they started a crusade to have the building shut down and everyone on the street. It cost the land lord much time and money with inspections and what not just to answer the lies claims she made about the building. As it turns out she is a bitter woman and I no longer speak to her and a new peace has come over me and my wife, that we don't have to listen to all that negativity. We had another problem with a new neighbor who moved in he tried killing my dog, and this woman we were so nice to had been defending him to the landlord so he would not be kicked out. Long story short the guy is in jail now, not from anything with us, he is just bad news. God takes care of His children we acted as God told us to the whole 7 to 8 months with this guy trying to kill our doc, and doing other things to us, we did good to them. Even offered to give them rides to the doctor when his wife was sick. Just as God told us to act. Well God had had enough I guess and justice looks like is coming. We are not weak when we act as God taught even though it feels like we are getting the crap kicked out of us. God will take care of us always.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Yes. God will sustain his people and will not cause them to suffer in vain. We carry the power to transform mens lives, but in earthen vessels so that the power thereof may be attributed to God (2 Corinthians 4:7). And by His power He may be pleased to "kick the crap out if us", but He will give us what we need to get back on our feet. (2 Corinthians 4:8-9). We can take comfort in knowing that even when people intended to do evil to us, God intended it for our good.(Genesis 50:20). And God may yet be pleased to use the light you gave to them as a means to deliver them from the kingdom of darkness. The Lord preserve you, brother.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well sadly we came to find out the neighbor had been going behind our back telling lies to everyone else about us, they started a crusade to have the building shut down and everyone on the street. It cost the land lord much time and money with inspections and what not just to answer the lies claims she made about the building. As it turns out she is a bitter woman and I no longer speak to her and a new peace has come over me and my wife, that we don't have to listen to all that negativity. We had another problem with a new neighbor who moved in he tried killing my dog, and this woman we were so nice to had been defending him to the landlord so he would not be kicked out. Long story short the guy is in jail now, not from anything with us, he is just bad news. God takes care of His children we acted as God told us to the whole 7 to 8 months with this guy trying to kill our doc, and doing other things to us, we did good to them. Even offered to give them rides to the doctor when his wife was sick. Just as God told us to act. Well God had had enough I guess and justice looks like is coming. We are not weak when we act as God taught even though it feels like we are getting the crap kicked out of us. God will take care of us always.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes. God will sustain his people and will not cause them to suffer in vain. We carry the power to transform mens lives, but in earthen vessels so that the power thereof may be attributed to God (2 Corinthians 4:7). And by His power He may be pleased to "kick the crap out if us", but He will give us what we need to get back on our feet. (2 Corinthians 4:8-9). We can take comfort in knowing that even when people intended to do evil to us, God intended it for our good.(Genesis 50:20). And God may yet be pleased to use the light you gave to them as a means to deliver them from the kingdom of darkness. The Lord preserve you, brother.

Thank you, God is Good.

Upvote 0

John Robie

Just checking in.
Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟32,545.00
Faith
Christian
Wow. That's a lot. Just keep focusing on Christ. Everything works from there.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Bluelion. You said that you are starting to see, that is what God wants for us all. God is Love and God wants loving sons and daughters. In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus gives us good advice. " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." In verse 40 we are told: On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets. God wants our Love, freely given and no conditions made. Jesus died for us and paid for all our past sins. All God wants from us now,
is our love and kindness and compassion, Love for God with hearts, souls and minds, and love and kindness and compassion for our neighbour. (neighbour is all we know and all we meet, friends and not friends) Treat all as we would love to be treated. God will see our loving efforts, and God will bless us.
The Bible tells us: " Repent and be Born Again," give up our selfish wishes and wants, and start loving and caring.
We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask God to forgive us, and carry on being loving and caring.
Satan and his followers will run away from love, and we will be as God wants us to be. To love is not too hard, and love is very catching, soon God will have the sons and daughters which God wants us to be, loving and always friendly and ready to show this imperfect world the change Love and Compassion will make. I say this with love, Bluelion.
Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ. ( Matthew 7: 7-10) tells us: " ask and you shall receive, we ask God for Love and then share all Love and Compassion with our neighbour.) We keep asking and sharing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums