religious&reasonable

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Feb 16, 2011
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I enjoy watching the new Star War movies. Awesome story and scenes. The older movies are goofy and on the same level as the old "Lost in Space" TV series. Star Trek is so different; it can't be compared. Almost an insult to Star Trek to compare it to Star Wars. Star Trek rules!:clap:
Your joking right? You atually just said the prequels were better than the originals? You realize this makes your opinion invalid don't you?

Original Star Wars is far greater than anything Trek could hope to be.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
religious&reasonable said:
Your joking right? You atually just said the prequels were better than the originals? You realize this makes your opinion invalid don't you?

Original Star Wars is far greater than anything Trek could hope to be.

It's true, the originals will always be the best. Though the new ones are awesome too, visually they're stunning - they do an amazing job of portraying the grandiose scale of the clone wars. The acting left much be desired, save for McGregor and Neeson. And I'll admit even Christiansen's acting got pretty good near the end of ROTS.

On another note, has anybody seen this guys website? He's obviously bias but it doesn't make his argument any less compelling, he utilized two of the most accurate canonical resources available to draw his conclusions. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

EphesiaNZ

It's me! Who else could it be...
Apr 19, 2011
New Zealand
✟15,297.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I enjoy watching the new Star War movies. Awesome story and scenes. The older movies are goofy and on the same level as the old "Lost in Space" TV series. Star Trek is so different; it can't be compared. Almost an insult to Star Trek to compare it to Star Wars. Star Trek rules!:clap:

+1 for Star Trek here - that is the original one with Shatner et al.

Lost in Space, use to watch that as a kid - it's was so, so real :p

Danger, danger Pat Robertson - err Will Robinson :)

Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Star Wars hands down. My mom is a big fan of the movies, books, and of Mark Hamil. Even though I grew up watching old Star Trek reruns on television with my family I really did not like the TV series. I only remember watching Star Trek because I had a crush on Captain Kirk :blush: and we only had one TV in the family room. I have seen most of the Star Trek movies because we watched those on TV too. I remember seeing, wait a sec, no snoozing :yawn: through the fifth or sixth one on a family vacation. My parents and brother wanted to see it, and because we were on vacation I was dragged along :doh:

I can take Star Trek in very small doses though. I saw the Wrath of Kahn a few weeks ago, and to my surprise I actually ended up enjoying it. Though I was disappointed that Khan did not meet his objective. I remember also enjoying the film where they are in San Francisco, which is the fourth one is it not? :confused: Don't even get me started on Trekkies, or Gene Roddenberry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Star Wars hands down. My mom is a big fan of the movies, books, and of Mark Hamil. Even though I grew up watching old Star Trek reruns on television with my family I really did not like the TV series. I only remember watching Star Trek because I had a crush on Captain Kirk :blush: and we only had one TV in the family room. I have seen most of the Star Trek movies because we watched those on TV too. I remember seeing, wait a sec, no snoozing :yawn: through the fifth or sixth one on a family vacation. My parents and brother wanted to see it, and because we were on vacation I was dragged along :doh:

I can take Star Trek in very small doses though. I saw the Wrath of Kahn a few weeks ago, and to my surprise I actually ended up enjoying it. Though I was disappointed that Khan did not meet his objective. I remember also enjoying the film where they are in San Francisco, which is the fourth one is it not? :confused: Don't even get me started on Trekkies, or Gene Roddenberry.
Yeah, the fourth one is the SF whale one. It's pretty weak but has some good quotes.
"He had a little too much LDS."

Upvote 0

hollyda

To read makes our speaking English good
Mar 25, 2011
One Square Foot of Real Estate
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Star Wars pre-1997 (before the "Special Editions") > Star Trek

Star Wars pre-1999 (before "Episode I" released) = Star Trek

Star Wars now < Star Trek

And I say this as someone who grew up loving Star Wars, vehemently defended the prequels, and was completely apathetic to Star Trek until two years ago.

Any doubt that Lucas has buggered Star Wars was thoroughly eradicated when I watched the Red Letter Media analysis of the prequel films...and a part of me died inside.

Upvote 0

Esther Ruth

everyday is a blessing
Jun 6, 2011
✟15,165.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
I would say Star Wars, because if you really think about it, Star wars has a biblical message, and Star trek does not. In Star trek, the heaven that they have is not the heven that we have. Our heaven has streets paved with gold. In star trek, theirs is volent with fighting still, and our heaven, their is no sin, andeveryone is a family.

Star Wars has a bilical message in a sens that the Jedi represents the godly "good guys," and Darth vader and his minions represents Satan. When you hear the 'Words, "may the force be with you," that is referring to the Holy Spirit, who livesin us, to get God's work done and teaches us right from wrong.

Chronicles of Narnia is another movie with a biblical message. Aslan, the Lion represents Jesus our Lord, the Witch represents Satan, the children in Narnia represents the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve and Aslan gives his life to save Narnia, just like Jesus did for us. Get it?

Upvote 0

Johnnybabe

Lord of the Manor
Nov 21, 2010
Forever away. Come find me one day, if you will
✟24,398.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Star Trek for me. I always thought that the characters in Trek were much better than the ones in Star Wars, and I find that I can relate to the Trek characters a little better than the ones in Wars. I think it's mainly because the universe in Star Trek isn't perfect, and the characters aren't always morally perfect (though the way Picard was portrayed made it seem a little bit like he was pretty damn close :/), and nor are we.

In Star Wars, we have these Jedis who may as well be Buddhists. They go out, they're quiet, they sit down and meditate, they fight the bad guys, etc. Their lifestyle is definitely way out on the spiritual side. A lot of them (and this is from both the Original Trilogy and the prequels) seemed to me to have preffered a life of isolation, and if it hadn't have been for the dark side of the force; probably would live like that on some distant planet that only got visited every five years by some lone trader who parked their ship on another continent. I may have totally gotten the wrong impression off most of the Jedis, but that's just how it seemed to me.

The characters in Trek are pretty isolated in their free time, too, though. They don't have a lot of possessions (like the SW characters). So on that level I guess you could compare them. But if they had nothing but free time, I can imagine a lot of them would still go out and interact with other people--they'd go down to the pub and have a few drinks with their friends, they'd go see a play or a movie or whatever with their families, and so forth. They'd still live quiet lives like a Jedi master living in ideal conditions, but they'd still interact.

I guess that's what does it for me: the characters in Star Trek aren't really as distant as the ones in Star Wars.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Which Star Trek are we talking---REAL Star Trek or that vile, disgusting, inane, banal re-boot garbage pseudo Trek they came out with a few years back?

If we're talking the Shatner-Nimoy-Kelley-Doohan original Roddenberry Trek, then I'm DEFINITELY down with Trek over Star Wars ANY DAY!:cool:

Upvote 0