Visit site
✟2,893.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well personally I'm a Star Wars person. Our entire family has grown up with it! Hee hee. So here's the big question "Star Wars Or Star Trek?" If you want to put why, that would be super too. (also my favorite dude, and movie is : The forth one (So the first one that came out) and then the Storm Troopers!)

C-3P0 rocks my socks too

Jonteel

Dec 21, 2004
Visit site
✟11,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As was stated in a few Star Trek Threads, the television shows became liberal political outreaches too often. That is too bad.

Everyone is ripping on the two new Star Wars movies. But, I was there, and I remember that the Return of the Jedi also took heat when it came out.

Why do I like Star Wars? I see good things in it. Watching Darth Vader toss the Emperor into the hole was awesome. It portrayed something good and Christian too. Greater love hath no man....

I hope Lucas has an epithany and shows the degradation of Anakin properly.
:cool:

Upvote 0

Raithlin

His fervent servant
Jul 7, 2004
Visit site
✟9,549.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Oh, where to begin... ;)

I love Star Trek, esp. ST:TNG and ST:V. ST: DS9 did not capture my attention at all, and ST:TOS is a little weak.

That said, SW is in another realm [pun intended] entirely. George has taken his dream and made it a reality - and the films are great too! :D

From what I've seen thus far, George has made Ep.III the best of the lot. You will apparently feel sorry for Anakin after this one...

Come on May 2005!! [It is May, isn't it?]

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Oh look! Another Trek v. Wars thread! heh heh
I'm a Trekkie all the way, but Wars is good. The two "new" ones were weak tho. I remember when Jedi came out and it did very well among junior high school kids! They went a lil overboard with the fuzzy critters (Ewoks) but overall, I liked Jedi. But Empire is the best!!!

As fas as Trek goes...you can rag on it all day, with just cause, but it is still awesome! I'm really into the ships...gimme the USS Defiant any day.
Live Long and Prosper.

\\ //
\

Reactions: ShoshanaUK
Upvote 0

FoogieFighters

Congratulations Carolina Hurricanes! '06
Feb 10, 2005
North Carolina
Visit site
✟2,893.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, I bet there has been a lot of Trek Vs. Wars thread. But hey I just wanted to do one myself ;) ;). I think the Ewoks are adorable, but the trebbles are better, just because they are these stupid furry fuzzy things!! LoL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FoogieFighters

Congratulations Carolina Hurricanes! '06
Feb 10, 2005
North Carolina
Visit site
✟2,893.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You know, the newest Star Trek movies fell short too. But hey, they are the ones with the roller coaster at Paramounts Carowinds not Star Wars (although SW has one in Orlando now that I think of it_or well they used to, haven't been down there in a while) :)

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
FoogieFighters said:
Yeah, I bet there has been a lot of Trek Vs. Wars thread. But hey I just wanted to do one myself ;) ;). I think the Ewoks are adorable, but the trebbles are better, just because they are these stupid furry fuzzy things!! LoL
= )

Upvote 0

Colabomb

I seek sin like a moth towards flame, save me God.
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
✟19,125.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
FoogieFighters said:
Well personally I'm a Star Wars person. Our entire family has grown up with it! Hee hee. So here's the big question "Star Wars Or Star Trek?" If you want to put why, that would be super too. (also my favorite dude, and movie is : The forth one (So the first one that came out) and then the Storm Troopers!)

C-3P0 rocks my socks too
WARS

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

the Colonel

STARGATE SG-1!
Oct 1, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,067.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I definitely enjoy the Star Trek univers much more. It's much more science fiction and geo-political intrigue. Star Wars, to me, is in a totally other realm. It's more like fantasy than science-fiction. I'm more into sci-fi. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy Star Wars very much. I just like Star Trek much more for my week to week sci-fi needs. :D

Reactions: Annabel Lee
Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
the Colonel said:
I definitely enjoy the Star Trek univers much more. It's much more science fiction and geo-political intrigue. Star Wars, to me, is in a totally other realm. It's more like fantasy than science-fiction. I'm more into sci-fi. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy Star Wars very much. I just like Star Trek much more for my week to week sci-fi needs. :D
Good post Colonel!

Upvote 0

Abbadon

Self Bias Resistor - goin' commando in a cassock!
Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Star Wars has more hidden tidbits of philosophy (Taoist, specifically), so I have to side with Star Wars for the same reason I liked the Matrix: philosophy.

Also, my earliest memory was Darth Vader choking that guy in episode 4.

Upvote 0