Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
So I've been playing STO for almost a month now. I love it! I'm a huge Trekkie, so that's a big part of it. I've played a few Trek games that stank, so I'm not afraid to say when one does.

It's got some rough edges. Ground combat. It's...primitive. Your squad basically runs around spastic and gets *right* in your line of fire about 90% of the time. Ground combat is somewhat fun, but frustrating. Which is fine with me since I much prefer space combat, which STO does well. You can automate your primary weapons and free yourself up for piloting and managing your special abilities, which you will be using. A lot.

One thing I'm surprisingly attached to is the Duty Officer assignment system. They added it much after release. You basically assign your junior officers and crew to missions and they bring back loot and various types of XP.

I've got a Federation Admiral and a Klingon Captain. It doesn't take long to level really. But you get lots of post-cap goodies that I haven't even really explored yet, like doing missions for the Romulans.

All in all, a fun game with lots of potential.