enelya_taralom

Catch the wave.....
Aug 2, 2004
✟10,398.00
Faith
Christian
Anyone else feel like their life is on standstill? I've felt that way about mine for the past four years... in that time all I've done is move out of my parent's house. Otherwise, my life has been the same... then I think of the people I was friends with four years ago and most are dating, have their careers, are married, have children... feels like their life has been progressing, they've been growing up and going places and well, it feels like as they get closer and closer to eachother in their adult lives I get slowly and slowly squeezed out until eventually night after night, weekend after weekend I'm home alone, and my friends just keep on getting younger and younger...

Last edited:

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Yes I do.. but the funny thing is.. every time I struggle with this place.. GOD shows me what I have gained through it.. and I am able to rest again.. seems to be a purpose in every stage... even this..

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I'm there. I'm the only member of my family and friends who isn't successful, rich, married, or doing something amazing.

One thing that really has helped me is closing myself off from a lot of those people. The less family and friends I talk to the better I feel. I'm not suggesting becoming a hermit but I've found that the more I ignore or cut out the competition the easier it is to avoid those bad feelings.

Upvote 0

Sapphyre

pew pew pew
Mar 4, 2009
San Francisco
✟13,348.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes I do.. but the funny thing is.. every time I struggle with this place.. GOD shows me what I have gained through it.. and I am able to rest again.. seems to be a purpose in every stage... even this..

:thumbsup: This is all true. I've found that the times we feel the most confused and stuck are the times God grows us and prepares us for the next stage of life. It's so hard not being able to see how that's all happening while you're in it, though. I'm sorta there now. :\

Reactions: TheOliveSeed
Upvote 0

er72

May 6, 2011
Nowhere
✟648.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Anyone else feel like their life is on standstill? I've felt that way about mine for the past four years... in that time all I've done is move out of my parent's house. Otherwise, my life has been the same... then I think of the people I was friends with four years ago and most are dating, have their careers, are married, have children... feels like their life has been progressing, they've been growing up and going places and well, it feels like as they get closer and closer to eachother in their adult lives I get slowly and slowly squeezed out until eventually night after night, weekend after weekend I'm home alone, and my friends just keep on getting younger and younger...

Same here especially the boldened parts.

Life is definitely passing me by.

Upvote 0

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

:hug: Definitely can relate!

Upvote 0

hana14

May 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
✟8,168.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Yes, I agree with this. There's a reason I'm where I'm at today

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shadolus

Saved By Grace
May 4, 2009
God's Kingdom
✟18,390.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
sometimes I feel that way.. but here soon I'll be making a VERY big move and I'm sure I'll be wanting the standstill with the chaos to come.. lol

Haha you make a VERY good point. Not saying that moving forward or change isn't good (and not that I believe change doesn't entirely happen while we feel like we're waiting) but when we do move into that period in our lives where there's massive uncertainty or new things happening it can easily cause stress in its own way. For instance, getting into a relationship is great and all and most of us would love to be in one, but that entails it's own problems. Forget having all that alone time to reflect and relax haha... just sayin.

Upvote 0

Gym

CF's Ruskie
Sep 10, 2009
✟12,239.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Haha you make a VERY good point. Not saying that moving forward or change isn't good (and not that I believe change doesn't entirely happen while we feel like we're waiting) but when we do move into that period in our lives where there's massive uncertainty or new things happening it can easily cause stress in its own way. For instance, getting into a relationship is great and all and most of us would love to be in one, but that entails it's own problems. Forget having all that alone time to reflect and relax haha... just sayin.

You know what though? I'd given all the alone time I have to have that special someone. there'ssomething about it that's just awesome!
I'm thinking though that due to an absolutely chaotic time after this move I should just take things slow. With not knowing anyone in what will be my new locale things will be chaotic.. but sometimes change is for the better! And with all this chaos means life is definately NOT at a standstill! lol

Upvote 0

Shadolus

Saved By Grace
May 4, 2009
God's Kingdom
✟18,390.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You know what though? I'd given all the alone time I have to have that special someone. there'ssomething about it that's just awesome!
I'm thinking though that due to an absolutely chaotic time after this move I should just take things slow. With not knowing anyone in what will be my new locale things will be chaotic.. but sometimes change is for the better! And with all this chaos means life is definately NOT at a standstill! lol

I hear yah, and totally agree. I just feel that many people think that change is the cure all. Not that any posts here made me think that of them. Trust me I understand, and am in a somewhat similar position, at least with the girlfriend part. But there's much to be said of not taking advantage of that stand still time.

Also, good luck with your move. I noticed you live in Russia. Are you moving with in your country to a different town or somewhere foreign?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gym

CF's Ruskie
Sep 10, 2009
✟12,239.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I hear yah, and totally agree. I just feel that many people think that change is the cure all. Not that any posts here made me think that of them. Trust me I understand, and am in a somewhat similar position, at least with the girlfriend part. But there's much to be said of not taking advantage of that stand still time.

Also, good luck with your move. I noticed you live in Russia. Are you moving with in your country to a different town or somewhere foreign?
Actually.. I'm a Russian living in the USA...
I'll be moving inside the USA.. but must cross a foreign country to get there...so kinda foreign? lol

Upvote 0

Shadolus

Saved By Grace
May 4, 2009
God's Kingdom
✟18,390.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Actually.. I'm a Russian living in the USA...
I'll be moving inside the USA.. but must cross a foreign country to get there...so kinda foreign? lol

Haha nice. Well if you're flying over West Virginia they'd be considered a foreign country... Pssst they're different.

Upvote 0