Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exodus 14:13 “And Moses said unto the people, Fear not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will work for you to-day”

Picture the situation, PANIC the children of Israel were trapped by the armies of Pharaoh and the Red Sea. There was no hope of deliverance only sure slaughter.
Then godless men of that time complained and started a rebellion, but Moses says NO, don’t worry DON’T fret, the Lord is with you, He will work His plans out, STAND STILL, WAIT, REST in faith in Gods word. Sure enough a MIRACLE happened.
I we not like that at times? We get desperate perhaps and panic, “I am 20 yrs old and still single! I am 30 or 40 years old I am still single! I must do something about it, and before you know it such a person has married the wrong person, because either people or the enemy has whispered

“You better get a move on here or else you will be left behind, no one will want you then, better to have any one than be single” “Lie down and die; give it all up.” But God would have us put on a cheerful courage, and even in our worst times, rejoice in his love and faithfulness. Cowardice says, “Retreat; go back to the worlds way of action; you cannot play the Christian’s part, it is too difficult, panic says quick do something forget about trusting God He isn’t working on your behalf”

But God would say to us STAND STILL and see the salvation of the Lord.
Stand still and see God move the impossible rock, that great hindrance to prayer being answered.
Don’t worry how you will meet my choice for you, just WAIT, STAND STILL, REST and watch Me do the greatest miracle for you, a miracle far greater than your wildest dreams.
I will lead you to that person, don’t worry about hunting high and low behind every tree and church, allow Me to guide you, Allow Me to lead you. In the mean time ENJOY Me and Delight in Me, REST in Me, be at PEACE and I will provide that which is so important to you.

Reactions: Nilla

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
allow Me to guide you, Allow Me to lead you. In the mean time ENJOY Me and Delight in Me, REST in Me, be at PEACE and I will provide that which is so important to you.

:thumbsup: This can apply to so many areas of my life right now!

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Read this in Psalm 46 today -

10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”

This verse reminded me that if I want God to be exalted in my life I need to allow Him the opportunity to live in my life. There are many times that I have tried to answer my own prayers. I guess I am just as guilty as Sarah on that one! Wanting something so badly that I go ahead and make a big mess of everything when I take my problems out of God's hands. God can't be exalted when I have made a complete mess of everything (although I am sometimes quick to blame Him when it was all to do with me). God is exalted when we allow Him to have control of our lives. People will see Him working in our life when we let Him.

This was a wonderful reminder of just how much the Lord can do in our lives if we let Him! Excellent post as always John! Many blessings my friend :hug:

Upvote 0

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I we not like that at times? We get desperate perhaps and panic, “I am 20 yrs old and still single! I am 30 or 40 years old I am still single! I must do something about it, and before you know it such a person has married the wrong person, because either people or the enemy has whispered

What I dislike about mainstream Christian culture is that they often fall into this trap and want to pray for you to find someone. I have a couple of wonderful mentors in my church now who don't do this and understand that there are many purposes for singleness.

I often see desperate Christians in the dating pool willing to settle down with someone in a hurry just because they are lonely and they want to marry another Christian. To me this desperation says that they need to be more in love with God and less in love with the idol of relationship/marriage.

Yes, these people often marry the wrong person because they didn't bring God into the equation in the beginning and then they suffer for it.

“You better get a move on here or else you will be left behind, no one will want you then, better to have any one than be single”

Or even better, "You know it's healthier to have children in your early to mid -twenties." If you're ok with waiting to find someone, they push this button. I refuse to worry about this, what is His plan is His plan, how can they judge me for not having kids yet?

But God would say to us STAND STILL and see the salvation of the Lord.
Stand still and see God move the impossible rock, that great hindrance to prayer being answered.
Don’t worry how you will meet my choice for you, just WAIT, STAND STILL, REST and watch Me do the greatest miracle for you, a miracle far greater than your wildest dreams.
I will lead you to that person, don’t worry about hunting high and low behind every tree and church, allow Me to guide you, Allow Me to lead you. In the mean time ENJOY Me and Delight in Me, REST in Me, be at PEACE and I will provide that which is so important to you.

Being still in your heart and having faith that God will provide is important.
But remember you also should take some action. Don't sit around your house, have the same day in day out routine, never meeting anyone new.

There are some Christians who do this, same thing day in and out, never meeting anybody new, they wonder why they're still single...they need to get out of the house and give God the opportunity to introduce them to someone!

"The sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied."- Proverbs 13:4

Be friendly with people and trust God for the wisdom to not be deceived by them. Just don't settle for something that looks good immediately, have patience, surround yourself with people who will be honest with you about your dating patterns.

Singles, having a good Christian mentor is important! If you desire to find a mate, look at what qualities the bible says a good partner has. To find a healthy prospective partner we should first try to become one.

Reactions: songz777
Upvote 0

Reneemo4

Hello God? It's me, Renee...
May 25, 2011
Ontario, Canada
✟16,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
How easy is it for us to just step up and take the reins! And how much harder is it for us to always remember to give back that control.

Thanks for the reminder, I think I'll add my name to the list of people who really need to read/hear this today. :)

Upvote 0