Staff/Member Thread -- Political Forum for TAW?

TAW Political Forum

• Yes, I am in favor of combining St. Justin's and St. Basil's to have a Political Sub Forum.

• No, I wish to keep both St. Justin's and St. Basil's as they are.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟828,231.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The first rule about Orthodox Political Club in St. Justin's?

Don't talk about Orthodox Political Club in St. Justin's. :p
Wise council that!

Everyone, should I start another poll and include some of the options that make provision for keeping St. Justin's?

Right now It's split, with a one vote advantage for maintaining the status quo.

Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wise council that!

Everyone, should I start another poll and include some of the options that make provision for keeping St. Justin's?

I'm down with that.

Upvote 0

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wise council that!

Sounds like a plan

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

A two vote advantage now. :wave: I don't see what's so hard about just ignoring "disruptive" things in threads. I have strong opinions about lots of things, but I'm always just a mouse click away from not reading what I don't want to read, or "turning the other cheek" you might say.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,470.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So if I'm understanding this right, you're saying that we would have all serious political disagreement, including between Orthodox Christians, go to St Justin's. I'm OK with that. The main thing is that the main forum should be a peaceful haven where we affirm what we do believe in common, not argue about what we don't believe.

As far as I'm concerned, disagreement between Orthodox over what the Faith, Holy Tradition, is, and what it teaches, is much worse than disagreement over the things of this world. We KNOW the world is messed up, and even that the Church is full of messed-up Christians (including me). But we ought to be in agreement about a lot more than only the Symbol of Faith and that the content of the Seven Councils is what it is, if our Faith is not in vain.

We can certainly be mistaken about the things of this world. So earthly politics falls into the bucket of things we may legitimately disagree about. But we must not be mistaken over what the Truth and Holy Tradition are, and not even St Justin's can help us if we tolerate dissent over that (and we have).

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
rusmeister said:
So if I'm understanding this right, you're saying that we would have all serious political disagreement, including between Orthodox Christians, go to St Justin's. I'm OK with that. The main thing is that the main forum should be a peaceful haven where we affirm what we do believe in common, not argue about what we don't believe. As far as I'm concerned, disagreement between Orthodox over what the Faith, Holy Tradition, is, and what it teaches, is much worse than disagreement over the things of this world. We KNOW the world is messed up, and even that the Church is full of messed-up Christians (including me). But we ought to be in agreement about a lot more than only the Symbol of Faith and that the content of the Seven Councils is what it is, if our Faith is not in vain. We can certainly be mistaken about the things of this world. So earthly politics falls into the bucket of things we may legitimately disagree about. But we must not be mistaken over what the Truth and Holy Tradition are, and not even St Justin's can help us if we tolerate dissent over that (and we have).

Agree 100%

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.