St. Francis I am not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZooMom said:
Ok...I just went outside to pray my nightly Rosary. I was sitting on my swing, praying softly, and into the first decade....

AND A POSSUM WALKS UP ON MY PORCH AND JUST STANDS THERE STARING AT ME!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :help: :help: :help: :help: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I choked a bit, stuttered a bit, but managed to keep going. I was afraid what it might do if I stopped! It sat there through the second Mystery, and then just turned and walked away! :eek: After which I got up and ran inside! :doh: :help: What the heck!!! The only time I've seen those things is as road kill! What was it doing?!?!?! Now I'm afraid to go outside again. :sigh: :doh:
There's a solution to that..

gungurl.gif

:D hehe..

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Mark! :eek: I couldn't do that. I'm afraid of guns. :D Hate the things. I'd likely end up shooting myself instead of the possum. :p In fact, my husband told me that if I ever have to use the gun, I'd be better off throwing it at a bad guy instead of trying to fire it. At least that way I'm more likely to hurt him instead of me. :doh: :D

Upvote 0
stray bullet said:

You know they can leap up to 20 feet? And from a run they can leap up to 45 feet.. Can you imagine 160lbs worth of teeth and claws leaping on you? :eek:

GAWD!

You know I saw one, one day while out rabbit hunting when I lived in eastern Wyoming.. But it wasn't full grown.. I had my gun aimed up into a tree and I heard a panting noise and looked down and about 50 ffet or so there was this half grown mountain lion just sitting there like a dog. And as soon as I looked at it it stopped panting and just stared at me. Of course, I still had my measely single-shot .22 pointed up into the tree and just stared back at it, amazed at what I was actually looking at. We just stared at each other for about 15 seconds, and then it just quickly turned around and trotted of real low to the ground. What really caught my eye was the enormous size of the tail on this thing!! It looked about 70% as long as it's body and incredibly thick! It ran about another 50 feet and just stopped, turned it's head around back towards me and went "Woof!" like a dog, and then continued to run off out of site..

The darnest thing was it ran in the direction I had to go to get home..

Upvote 0
ZooMom said:
Mark! :eek: I couldn't do that. I'm afraid of guns. :D Hate the things. I'd likely end up shooting myself instead of the possum. :p In fact, my husband told me that if I ever have to use the gun, I'd be better off throwing it at a bad guy instead of trying to fire it. At least that way I'm more likely to hurt him instead of me. :doh: :D
LOL!!!!!:D

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
plainswolf said:
You know they can leap up to 20 feet? And from a run they can leap up to 45 feet.. Can you imagine 160lbs worth of teeth and claws leaping on you? :eek:

GAWD!

You know I saw one, one day while out rabbit hunting when I lived in eastern Wyoming.. But it wasn't full grown.. I had my gun aimed up into a tree and I heard a panting noise and looked down and about 50 ffet or so there was this half grown mountain lion just sitting there like a dog. And as soon as I looked at it it stopped panting and just stared at me. Of course, I still had my measely single-shot .22 pointed up into the tree and just stared back at it, amazed at what I was actually looking at. We just stared at each other for about 15 seconds, and then it just quickly turned around and trotted of real low to the ground. What really caught my eye was the enormous size of the tail on this thing!! It looked about 70% as long as it's body and incredibly thick! It ran about another 50 feet and just stopped, turned it's head around back towards me and went "Woof!" like a dog, and then continued to run off out of site..

The darnest thing was it ran in the direction I had to go to get home..

Rabbits climb trees in Wyoming?? :eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone know what this thing is? I was on the roof rescuing hula hoops, bouncy balls and frisbees (a few years back I went on the roof to get something and discovered that I LOVE BEING ON THE ROOF!!)

..but anyway to get back to the story....I looked over, after flinging a frisbee into the yard, and saw THIS.

gargoyle.jpg

It's definitely a mammal and I'd guess it's some sort of primate.
Should I worry worry about having these guys hanging around the house?

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I know what that is. It's one of the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz. You know..."Fly! Fly, my pretties! Fly! (evil cackle)..."

Unless you carry a broom, obsess over red shoes, and have bad allergic reactions to water...you got nothing to worry about. ;)

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Annabel Lee said:
Does anyone know what this thing is? I was on the roof rescuing hula hoops, bouncy balls and frisbees (a few years back I went on the roof to get something and discovered that I LOVE BEING ON THE ROOF!!)

..but anyway to get back to the story....I looked over, after flinging a frisbee into the yard, and saw THIS.

gargoyle.jpg

It's definitely a mammal and I'd guess it's some sort of primate.
Should I worry worry about having these guys hanging around the house?
I dunno but my sister in law has a statue similiar to it, it stands upright and holds two candles on either side. It's freaky. (I'm serious, we were just over there last night, and my daughter said...hey look at the freaky monkey statue candle holder) :D

Michelle

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.