St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri 44 (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackknight

Servant of God
Jan 21, 2009
Jackson, MI
Visit site
✟10,999.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It is 25*C here today - in AUGUST. That is winter! In fahrenheit, that's 77. It's beautiful!

Unfortunately my sister's just gone to hospital to get checked out for stomach pains :( Say a prayer for her please?

Lord, have mercy!

Upvote 0

-Kyriaki-

seeking answers in stillness
Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟23,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Sister is apparently fine, pain went away en route to the hospital and doctor can't explain it. *shrugs* I could say a miracle, and it might be, but I think it's probably more just 'one of those things'.

It is now COLD instead of warm, it's going to be in the mid teens *C all week now and it's hailing and raining outside. Do not want.

Upvote 0

Blackknight

Servant of God
Jan 21, 2009
Jackson, MI
Visit site
✟10,999.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm glad she's ok Kyriaki.

Looks like the heat wave is finally going to subside here next week. They're predicting highs in the 80s & lows in the 60s. Now that's more like it!

Cooler weather means more intense workouts. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

-Kyriaki-

seeking answers in stillness
Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟23,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Cooler weather means more intense workouts. :D

Haha, not for me though :) I'm not allowed to raise my core temperature or heart rate too much, so I do a lot of Whole Body Vibration stuff and that helps me out a lot (I have muscles in my legs again after four years of sitting and lying down most of the time - I walked at least 2km the other day :D).

I actually exercise more when it's warm since it's nice and we go for walks. I love walks, it's exercise that my body tolerates.

Anthony, you're welcome here whenever you like :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Today is 8th anniversary of Metropolitan Anthony of Sourozh passing away. Memory Eternal Master!

Memory eternal!

I read his book, Beginning to Pray when I was in the first couple years of my conversion to Orthodoxy. VERY good book.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gregorios

Blessed is our God
Mar 1, 2011
West Virginia
Visit site
✟9,342.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Memory eternal!

I read his book, "Beginning to Pray" when I was in the first couple years of my conversion to Orthodoxy. VERY good book.

I haven't read that one yet but I've read some of his other stuff and it's all very good.

Upvote 0

snowbirdling

someone
Feb 12, 2010
auckland
✟15,402.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I dress up appropriately. I wear a portable insect bonnet (only $8.95 in the sporting store) that one can even sleep in. It has a very fine mesh, but does not seriously affect one's vision. I wear a good long sleeve cotton twill weight shirt and pants so that mosquitoes, gnats, black flies, and deer fly cannot penetrate the fabric. I pull my socks up over my slacks. Plus I wear leather gloves. So, I am covered from head to foot.

Badger Balm makes a very effective bug balm that is even sold in Hawaii.

Wow, that is some serious mosquito garb! Fortunately for me, mosquitos don't seem to get me... because my husband is beside me and he is apparently tastier!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.