Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
View this video.
Tebow SLAMS Jake Plummer; Explains how God helps him - YouTube

Tim Tebow makes an analogy that he praises Jesus as often as he can just as a man may tell his wife he loves her as often as he can. The reason this analogy is poor is because Tebow is praising Jesus publicly, while the typical man may repeatedly tell his wife he loves her, but he won't say it repeatedly in front of a public audience.

Furthermore, if Jesus really does know everything and can hear everything, then it shouldn't make a difference to Tebow whether he praises Jesus publicly or in private.

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tim Tebow makes an analogy that he praises Jesus as often as he can just as a man may tell his wife he loves her as often as he can. The reason this analogy is poor is because Tebow is praising Jesus publicly, while the typical man may repeatedly tell his wife he loves her, but he won't say it repeatedly in front of a public audience.
But, what about the "non typical man" who does? He's he forbidden to do so because you would not?

Furthermore, if Jesus really does know everything and can hear everything, then it shouldn't make a difference to Tebow whether he praises Jesus publicly or in private.
Just like the man who praises his wife in public and the way you would up lift yours. It is a matter between the man, and the one being lifted up.

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
But, what about the "non typical man" who does? He's he forbidden to do so because you would not?

Just like the man who praises his wife in public and the way you would up lift yours. It is a matter between the man, and the one being lifted up.
Why do you suppose Tebow repeatedly praises Jesus publicly but doesn't repeatedly say he loves his wife publicly? My guess is Plummer (I don't know what his religion is) would be just as irritated if Tebow repeatedly said he loved his wife publicly.

Upvote 0

Forgiven828

Jun 25, 2011
FL
✟8,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I live in "Gator country". Tim played football here at the University of Florida and I always enjoyed watching him play, but more so, I enjoyed interviews where he always gave the glory to God. :amen:

I think that his open and vocal acknowledgement of faith and love for our Lord can help others to stop and think about God.

Imagine just one unbeliever hearing Tim's words and finding his way to ask questions about being a Christian, and eventually believing.

Tim can praise the Lord all day everyday if maybe just one soul will be saved. :clap:

Upvote 0

Hakan101

Here I Am
Mar 11, 2010
Earth
✟1,715.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
View this video.

I watched the video, and the analogy is solid. Just as a man is not ashamed to proclaim love for his wife, so Tebow is not ashamed to proclaim love for Jesus. Not sure where you're getting your ideas from.

As for Jesus hearing everything, it seems clear Tebow has such great love for Jesus that he is compelled to praise him out loud, and is not ashamed to do so. He does not come off as proud or arrogant, so he isn't doing this to brag. If he's not praising God to brag, then the only reason he would withhold outward praise is if he was ashamed of Jesus, which he is not.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why do you suppose Tebow repeatedly praises Jesus publicly but doesn't repeatedly say he loves his wife publicly?
How do you know that he doesn't? Just because it didn't air doesn't mean the man does not acknoweledge his wife publicly. No disrespect to his wife but a football player's acknoweledgement of his wife rarly is a news worthy event.
My guess is Plummer (I don't know what his religion is) would be just as irritated if Tebow repeatedly said he loved his wife publicly.
not sure what you mean here.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
View this video.
Tebow SLAMS Jake Plummer; Explains how God helps him - YouTube

First Cieza, how do you think this compares to the umpteen times a day we hear Jesus' name used in improper context (ie a cuss word)? Can you not see that there is a right way and a wrong way to use the name of Jesus? What is bad about using it the right way?

Secondly, you are correct, God does know whether you are praising Him in your heart.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I think the same thing every time I see another post by an atheist telling us that atheists don't believe Christianity is true.
My immediate stance isn't that I don't believe Christianity is true. My immediate stance is that there is insufficient evidence for me to believe that there is an omniscient & omnipotent being present in this universe. Once some evidence starts to trickle in, then my belief as to whether or not such a being exists will likely increase. I've given Christians here many outlets through which to show me that evidence, but none have been successful - which clearly suggests that
a) these Christians don't know how to go about demonstrating that a fully omniscient & omnipotent being exists
b) these Christians are incapable of doing anything other than offering words in their attempt to show that such a being exists
c) an omniscient & omnipotent being doesn't really exist

Upvote 0
P

Publius

Cieza said:
I've given Christians here many outlets through which to show me that evidence, but none have been successful - which clearly suggests that
a) these Christians don't know how to go about demonstrating that a fully omniscient & omnipotent being exists
b) these Christians are incapable of doing anything other than offering words in their attempt to show that such a being exists
c) an omniscient & omnipotent being doesn't really exist

or

d) many Christians have given you many fine answers, but you just aren't interested in the truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

homewardbound

Sep 8, 2004
Sweet Home Alabama
✟10,169.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know whether to be amused or irritated by all the furor over Tim Tebow's displays of faith. Every Sunday I watch player after player exhibit self-indulgent histrionics that say, "Look at me! Look how great I am! Celebrate ME!" And yet one man, who professes his faith (which, by the way, is nothing new in pro sports) and makes a simple gesture that says, "Lord, how great You are. Thanks." catches so much flak.

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I don't know whether to be amused or irritated by all the furor over Tim Tebow's displays of faith. Every Sunday I watch player after player exhibit self-indulgent histrionics that say, "Look at me! Look how great I am! Celebrate ME!" And yet one man, who professes his faith (which, by the way, is nothing new in pro sports) and makes a simple gesture that says, "Lord, how great You are. Thanks." catches so much flak.
These players who celebrate after a touchdown are crying out, "Look at me". So when Tebow praises Jesus after he scores a touchdown, it appears as if he's crying out "Look at me". If Tebow cares one iota about how his passion for praising Christ is interpreted, he should know better than to do it on a platform where most post touchdown celebrations are interpreted as "Look at me".

Upvote 0

Hakan101

Here I Am
Mar 11, 2010
Earth
✟1,715.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
These players who celebrate after a touchdown are crying out, "Look at me". So when Tebow praises Jesus after he scores a touchdown, it appears as if he's crying out "Look at me". If Tebow cares one iota about how his passion for praising Christ is interpreted, he should know better than to do it on a platform where most post touchdown celebrations are interpreted as "Look at me".

That's one way to look at it. But after seeing this video, we know he doesn't do this to brag about himself. He's giving God glory in a place where other players only glorify themselves.

Upvote 0