chris_2011

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
✟7,923.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
A born again believer is always exposed to threats and attacks from the devil and his kingdom. Being born in Christ automatically makes us enemies to the devil and his kingdom. But the Bible has provided enough advice for us to do warfare against our enemy and his kingdom. Many are not aware of this or are not being able to use the spiritual weapons which have been offered to us, correctly and they become prey to the devil and his weapons. The Bible, through Ephesians 6:12 has informed us that “we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places”.Verses 13 -18 tell us how to put on the whole armour of God to face the challenges of the enemy. But putting on the whole armour is not enough for us to face and defeat all the enemy’s threats. This is only one of the strategies of spiritual warfare. The Bible has enough examples of spiritual warfare, breaking down Satanic strongholds, wiping out enemies and taking possession of the promises which God has given his people. I would like to describe one of the examples here. Jericho was promised to the Israelites by God, but it was strongly built and fortified to withstand any attack which would be made on it. There were also watchmen on the walls to check for any signs of attack on that city. It also had a huge and powerful army to defend it. These point to the Satanic fortifications and defence systems which are employed by the devil and his kingdom to withstand any attack which is made on them by God’s anointed people. Destroying Jericho and taking possession of it was the first step for the Israelites in conquering Canaan which was promised to them. But humanly there was no way for Jericho to be conquered. Joshua sought God’s advice for conquering Jericho and for taking it into possession. As per God’s advice, there was not to be any battle by using the human military strategies. But God gave Joshua valuable instructions for doing a spiritual warfare which could break down the strongest strongholds, fortified walls and cities and defeat the most powerful armies which were there on the face of the earth. The Israelites and their armies had only to make a circuit of the city, bearing the ark of God and blowing trumpets. For 6 days, they had to make only 1 circuit, but on the 7th day, they had to make 7 circuits. The armies of the living God had to be arranged in ranks to face the enemy. In the first rank were the warriors, a body of chosen men who did not have to conquer by their skills but by obeying the instructions which God gave them. So, obedience of God’s instructions is the prime requirement in spiritual warfare. 7 priests who blew trumpets, followed. This points to praises and worship. Praise is an effective weapon in spiritual warfare. (II Chron 20). The ark of God which was surrounded by divine glory was borne by priests who were dressed to denote their sacred office. So, following the 10 commandments is the next step in spiritual warfare. Then the army of Israel followed, which had put on the whole armour which is required for spiritual warfare. So, putting on the whole armour is the last and the most important step in spiritual warfare. When God’s instructions were followed, the seemingly incompassible city, Jericho fell down like a pack of cards. It was soon devoured, set on fire and taken into possession. All the idols and their groves were completely destroyed. (Joshua 6:1-16)
Fasting is another effective weapon against the enemy if it is taken up according to the instructions from the Bible. (Isaiah 58:6-12).

Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Chris, well stated. I'd merely like to humbly emphasize the importance of unceasing prayer, a critical weapon for defense against enemy assaults, in our spiritual warfare.

Also, I'd like to suggest a famous book that many may not be familiar with which has been of tremendous help to us, titled: Unseen Warfare

Upvote 0

chris_2011

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
✟7,923.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for reminding me about the strategy of prayer which I had missed out. Anyway , fasting is also associated with prayer. What I have emphasized is already unseen warfare. I have compiled what God has taught me over the past 12 years practically. I have quite a testimony to say behind this. It was not easy. And my warfare is not yet over. Thanks for your suggestion of reading the book on Unseen Warfare.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for reminding me about the strategy of prayer which I had missed out. Anyway , fasting is also associated with prayer. What I have emphasized is already unseen warfare. I have compiled what God has taught me over the past 12 years practically. I have quite a testimony to say behind this. It was not easy. And my warfare is not yet over. Thanks for your suggestion of reading the book on Unseen Warfare.

Wonderful insights Chris! We pray for your continued protection in the unseen warfare.

(Side note on prayer and fasting, from the Gospel of Mark, chapter 9)

"17 And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit;
18 And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not.
19 He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.
20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.
21 And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child.
22 And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us.
23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. *(is this a prayer?)

25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.
26 And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.
27 But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose.
28 And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out?
29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting."

... And what is this critical message from our Lord? Could it be that He is telling us that one's faith can only grow into a true, living Faith through prayer and fasting (i.e. unseen warfare)?

Upvote 0
T

trentlogain2

there's the armour of God we put on, the sword of the Spirit, and prayer. those are all defenses and weapons we use in spiritual combat. there's another resource we have that i don't see talked a lot about, however.

-worship

nothing confuses and agitates the enemy more than a child of God lifting up praise to God during times of tumult and trial. stay blessed!

Upvote 0

achristian2

learning to walk with God
Aug 7, 2012
✟23,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bringing up this post to help my brothers and sisters in Christ who face spiritual warfare.

A born again believer is always exposed to threats and attacks from the devil and his kingdom. Being born in Christ automatically makes us enemies to the devil and his kingdom. But the Bible has provided enough advice for us to do warfare against our enemy and his kingdom. Many are not aware of this or are not being able to use the spiritual weapons which have been offered to us, correctly and they become prey to the devil and his weapons. The Bible, through Ephesians 6:12 has informed us that “we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places”.Verses 13 -18 tell us how to put on the whole armour of God to face the challenges of the enemy. But putting on the whole armour is not enough for us to face and defeat all the enemy’s threats. This is only one of the strategies of spiritual warfare. The Bible has enough examples of spiritual warfare, breaking down Satanic strongholds, wiping out enemies and taking possession of the promises which God has given his people. I would like to describe one of the examples here. Jericho was promised to the Israelites by God, but it was strongly built and fortified to withstand any attack which would be made on it. There were also watchmen on the walls to check for any signs of attack on that city. It also had a huge and powerful army to defend it. These point to the Satanic fortifications and defence systems which are employed by the devil and his kingdom to withstand any attack which is made on them by God’s anointed people. Destroying Jericho and taking possession of it was the first step for the Israelites in conquering Canaan which was promised to them. But humanly there was no way for Jericho to be conquered. Joshua sought God’s advice for conquering Jericho and for taking it into possession. As per God’s advice, there was not to be any battle by using the human military strategies. But God gave Joshua valuable instructions for doing a spiritual warfare which could break down the strongest strongholds, fortified walls and cities and defeat the most powerful armies which were there on the face of the earth. The Israelites and their armies had only to make a circuit of the city, bearing the ark of God and blowing trumpets. For 6 days, they had to make only 1 circuit, but on the 7th day, they had to make 7 circuits. The armies of the living God had to be arranged in ranks to face the enemy. In the first rank were the warriors, a body of chosen men who did not have to conquer by their skills but by obeying the instructions which God gave them. So, obedience of God’s instructions is the prime requirement in spiritual warfare. 7 priests who blew trumpets, followed. This points to praises and worship. Praise is an effective weapon in spiritual warfare. (II Chron 20). The ark of God which was surrounded by divine glory was borne by priests who were dressed to denote their sacred office. So, following the 10 commandments is the next step in spiritual warfare. Then the army of Israel followed, which had put on the whole armour which is required for spiritual warfare. So, putting on the whole armour is the last and the most important step in spiritual warfare. When God’s instructions were followed, the seemingly incompassible city, Jericho fell down like a pack of cards. It was soon devoured, set on fire and taken into possession. All the idols and their groves were completely destroyed. (Joshua 6:1-16)
Fasting is another effective weapon against the enemy if it is taken up according to the instructions from the Bible. (Isaiah 58:6-12).

Upvote 0