United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Spiritual rut, lost...as Rus said, "join the club!"

In the spiritual rut and lost club, I declare myself president and I'm rigging the election Putin-style. Nobody can outdo my wandering lost feeling this year. I'm at the top of that pyramid...:crosseo:

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:amen
Evangelicals are trained from birth to fake happiness lest others think they really do not love God.
Alot of them could be almost in spiritual meltdown and yet appear happy.
Well the number of Irish RC's that I knew who were the saddest people I ever met ,is countless .
I think we need both practice in a Church, and private prayer, and reading ,not just one or other .
I don't know if the Orthodox encourages bible reading ,but it was definitely frowned on for the masses
(of people) until very recently, like last year .I do know that most Irish catholics have never read
the catechism ,or the bible .
I do not live in 'evengelical land' (the US ) and when I met some for the first time about 13 years
ago, I did find them rather annoying because they were a bit arrogant and wanted to 'save' us heathens.

The ones I know ,have hads a couple of learning expériences morally ,and grown intellectually ,and
are superb people .Less arrogant kinder ,and wiser . All religions have lessons to learn
and condemning one group is very cruel .Better to criticise specifics .
.:)

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

In the spiritual rut and lost club, I declare myself president and I'm rigging the election Putin-style. Nobody can outdo my wandering lost feeling this year. I'm at the top of that pyramid...:crosseo:

Jesus said " we must be born again etc John 3: 7
It is also called the Kundalini in Indian religions .

It is a period when all our 'reperes' are destroyed ,all the values ,all the habits
and assumptions of the 'truth' gradually ,or in some cases suddenly like in near death situations ,
are destroyed and we are faced with only one way to go ,towards God ,or try to make everthing
as it was before . That is why when people become very sick and sometimes are forced to get
better 'as quickly as possible' by takng very heavy drugs etc it often kills them .T
there is no account taken of this opportunity to 'heal the interior ' by letting go ,prayer ,reading
and inner searching ,inner Healing .It takes time ,often years ,and in the world we live in more
and more difficult as it is mostly artificial ,but we must go inwards ,and let go off the world at least somewhat ;
There you will find God's purpose for you ,and He has a purpose for you ,that is for sure:crosseo:re .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Hang in there, dear brother. My prayers are with you!

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟141,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Count me in as part of the spiritual rut and lost club. In addition this Lent has been a flop for me. I still have one week to try to make it up. Holy week.
Feelings come and go-that is so true what the others above have said.
But Christ is yesterday, today and forever.

Upvote 0