Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello..:wave:

Ya know what saddens me….:(

There is way to much fear in the church..

Stressed out saints everywhere….Where does this all come from???

I have a pretty darn good idea….:idea:

Hint: If someone ate at the same restaurant for years,and kept getting sick.
Would would be the obvious question asked by the doctor?

Where are you eating?

The problem is those who are always trying to overcome sin,in there own strength,are usually being handed the menu of the law,by their pastor.:preach:

Pastor always questioning those in the pews..
Are you laying hold,are you pressing in,are you willing,have you surrenderd all,are you this,are you that??

The scriptures are quite clear about what the law does.Here are just a few quotes from an expert former chef…Paul..

Romans 3:20
Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

There we saw that the sin consciousness begins with hearing law,in whatever form.

Then here below,we see what it produces..

Romans 4:15
because law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression.
What wrath means in the greek,notice the effects on the soul.
1) anger, the natural disposition, temper, character
2) movement or agitation of the soul, impulse, desire, any violent
emotion, but esp. anger
3) anger, wrath, indignation
4) anger exhibited in punishment, hence used for punishment itself
4a) of punishments inflicted by magistrates

But if teachers imparted grace,the saints would not fear,but have victory!

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

Then the other fear producing restauranteur’s are those who teach that demons are always trying to enter you…

There is a demon in your coffee!:D

They never quote all the victory over the devil verses,or point you to Jesus,who is our overcomer…

2 Thessalonians 3:3
But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.

1 John 4:4
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world

We have entered into the rest of faith,but these “ministers”,(short order cooks!) are spreaders of fear..

Their menu..:doh:

Pick one from column A…sin..

Or pick one from column B,,spirits are always tring to enter you.

Which by the way,there is not one solitary scripture to indicate that a spirit filled believer can be inhabited!

Seems like what is not ministered is the power of the cross..

That is the victory over the devil..

Colossians 2:15
And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

And the cross is the victory over sin and the flesh..and the workings of the law..

2 Corinthians 5:21
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Also..

Romans 7:4
So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God.

So in closing,the next time you go to eat out…read the menu carefully.;)

And if you cant find a good eatery,remember this…fear not..

1John2:27
As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

Thanks!.... :)

Last edited:

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Before I retired I ate in restaurants frequently.

Occasionally I would eat at one that left me unsatisfied because the food was either not good, or very small served for what was charged.

Either way I left feeling that what was served did not satisfy.

Many churches I have been to, I left with the same feeling.

Upvote 0

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

God will indeed strengthen us. Fear does not come from God but fear can be found in a Christian who has not been made perfect in love (1 John 4:18)

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Before I retired I ate in restaurants frequently.

Occasionally I would eat at one that left me unsatisfied because the food was either not good, or very small served for what was charged.

Either way I left feeling that what was served did not satisfy.

Many churches I have been to, I left with the same feeling.

How true..

We want to leave meetings edified,not weighed down with fear,or guilt.

The words that Jesus speaks are Spirit,and they are truth,and they set free,not produce bondage.

John 6:63
The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.

We dont want the flesh fed...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

God will indeed strengthen us. Fear does not come from God but fear can be found in a Christian who has not been made perfect in love (1 John 4:18)

Sounds like you are on the right course my young friend...

Grace will always point you to God,and no matter what,will never condemn.

That is your barometer,to test the spirit,behind the teachings..:)

Reactions: Jpark
Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes, when I go to restaurants, I always pray over the food that it wouldn't hurt me, because it's amazing how some food in some restaurants have been cursed by those other religion cooks who prepare it.

Then when you go to church, sometimes some would pray over themself before they go to church, because what comes out from the front of the church is cursed.

And that is another reason why many stop going to non-Christian restaurants, and to some churches. That is the reason why there appears a large community of the Body of Christ referred to as "out-of-church Christians"!

Upvote 0

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, when I go to restaurants, I always pray over the food that it wouldn't hurt me, because it's amazing how some food in some restaurants have been cursed by those other religion cooks who prepare it.

Then when you go to church, sometimes some would pray over themself before they go to church, because what comes out from the front of the church is cursed.

And that is another reason why many stop going to non-Christian restaurants, and to some churches. That is the reason why there appears a large community of the Body of Christ referred to as "out-of-church Christians"!
:eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
How true..

We want to leave meetings edified,not weighed down with fear,or guilt.

The words that Jesus speaks are Spirit,and they are truth,and they set free,not produce bondage.

John 6:63
The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.

We dont want the flesh fed...

Sad as it is mate, some leave meetings weighed down because they were fed MEAT and not fear or guilt. And the truth given to them makes them feel fearful and guilty and with a sprinkling of shame, because of their bondages.

And as sad as it is, they say that they only go to church to feel GOOD, and COMFORTABLE, and many churches feed those lusts.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like you are on the right course my young friend...

Grace will always point you to God,and no matter what,will never condemn.

That is your barometer,to test the spirit,behind the teachings..:)

What sort of grace are you referring here?

I see so much grace that doesn't have any REPENTANCE, and that this grace saves and sorts out all thing, "earthly and heavenly" and you cannot feel guilty, is that what you refer to as it will never condemn?

By growing in the grace that I know is maturing spiritually and becoming perfect in our Lord Jesus Christ, establishing the love of HIM in our lives, and obeying His Inspired Word.

I know that our Lord Jesus Christ forgives us for our past sins, didn't come so that we can continue to sin without guilt, and did come to destroy our sin?

I know that our Lord Jesus Christ came to heal the broken-hearted, and deliver them from evil. And I know that HE didn't come and set the captives free from "guilt" but came to set us free from the bondage of sin?

I know that HE didn't come so that I can continue to sin without guilt, because HE came to lead me to repentance and remission of sin?

Therefore, when we know the truth, it will set us free from what are we supposed to be set free from.

“For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all…you have become a transgressor of the law … you see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only” (James 2:10-11 & 2:24).

“As many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law. For not the hearers of the law are just in the sign of God, but the doers of the law will be justified.” (Rom. 2:12-13)

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sad as it is mate, some leave meetings weighed down because they were fed MEAT and not fear or guilt. And the truth given to them makes them feel fearful and guilty and with a sprinkling of shame, because of their bondages.

And as sad as it is, they say that they only go to church to feel GOOD, and COMFORTABLE, and many churches feed those lusts.

naaaa,sorry mate..I am one of those awful lustful saints,that wants to be built up,and rejoice in the Lord!:clap:

What you call meat,is not grace..

Maybe just the hammer of an ungraceful teacher..

If the fish dont grow...

Ths pond is too small!

They need to go to a better place.

Your post is exactly the mentality I speak of..

Like somehow,pastor is to keep taking out the bat,to keep people in line..

It does nothing!

But feed the flesh..

Both the pastors,and the recipients,who feel as though if they try harder next week,they can achieve something in their own strength,that really they need God for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
C

Cassidy

IF they are feeling guilt, fear and shame...then that's man made and not of God!

God does not produce guilt - because we are not guilty
God does not produce fear - because he has not given us the spirit of fear
God does not produce sham - because we are not shameful

Mad does this - not God!

God convicts, leads and guides.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What sort of grace are you referring here?

I see so much grace that doesn't have any REPENTANCE, and that this grace saves and sorts out all thing, "earthly and heavenly" and you cannot feel guilty, is that what you refer to as it will never condemn?

By growing in the grace that I know is maturing spiritually and becoming perfect in our Lord Jesus Christ, establishing the love of HIM in our lives, and obeying His Inspired Word.

I know that our Lord Jesus Christ forgives us for our past sins, didn't come so that we can continue to sin without guilt, and did come to destroy our sin?

I know that our Lord Jesus Christ came to heal the broken-hearted, and deliver them from evil. And I know that HE didn't come and set the captives free from "guilt" but came to set us free from the bondage of sin?

I know that HE didn't come so that I can continue to sin without guilt, because HE came to lead me to repentance and remission of sin?

Therefore, when we know the truth, it will set us free from what are we supposed to be set free from.

“For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all…you have become a transgressor of the law … you see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only” (James 2:10-11 & 2:24).

“As many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law. For not the hearers of the law are just in the sign of God, but the doers of the law will be justified.” (Rom. 2:12-13)
Sorry mate..

You are a little misinformed in your concepts..

We are no longer under law..

It was only a tutor,to lead us to Christ.

If you want victory over sin,the answer is not law,but grace..

Romans 5:20
The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

Ps,you can leave guilt at the cross bro..:thumbsup:

It does nothing..

Here what the scriptures say..

Romans 8:1
[ Life Through the Spirit ] Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,

Ps,your quote from James proves the point..

No one can keep the law...

That is why there is a new and better way!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grace is always the answer...

Fear motivates the flesh,not the Spirit!

The flesh has a built in revulsion to grace, because if it's all grace then we cannot boast or take any credit. So, instead of receiving grace for our whole lives, we limit it to our initial salvation experience and then construct an elaborate new system which may differ from group to group but basically says "God's power is dependent upon my efforts"

The flesh rejoices because it once again can take credit for successes, and so we go merrily along, publicly saying it's all God and secretly relishing our great knowledge.

The old nature tries to make us think we need his help in order to be a better Christian. Then the noble thoughts come, like, God can only use a holy vessel, so let’s work hard at making you holy. And off we go trying to attain through our own efforts what God has already granted, namely holiness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Good analogy.

However, although I suppose there may be a rare few chefs that deliberately curse food for customers, I think it must be quite rare - it'd be bad for business surely? People would be sick every time they ate there, not go back, tell their friends not to risk it...

Restaurants are high risk places to eat for a more secular reason - a lot of the food is poor quality to begin with, then stored badly, kept too long, cross-contaminated through knives, surfaces and cloths, and number one of all - staff do not wash their hands at all/adequately. :o

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.