Spiritual manifestations at Pentecost

pauluk333

May 21, 2015
✟290.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi there

I am really hoping someone can help me with a question. I was wondering why a lot of the spiritual manifestations found in churches today are not found at Pentecost. To clarify the type of manifestations I am talking about are the following:

Continues laughing for no apparent reason (Rodney Howard brown) - see vid below
Continues bouts of shaking - see vid below
Speaking in a non earthly - non human language - see vide below

What I see from scripture in regards to Spiritual manifestations are the following:

Supernatural ability to speak in earthly human languages
Supernatural boldness
Supernatural ability to speak words that cut to the heart of men
Supernatural unselfishness, were everything was shared

Nothing more.

So I would just like some feedback on why Continues laughing, Continues bouts of shaking or Speaking in a non earthly tongues was not present as a manifestation of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost or (anywhere in the bible), but is now present in churches today ?

My aim is not to offend anyone, so please do reply with honest feedback in the spirit of 2 Timothy 2:23 - A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. 25 Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth. 26 Then they will come to their senses and escape from the devil’s trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants.

Reactions: seashale76

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Didn't watch your video's….sorry…..not big fan of any tv preachers or Copeland for that matter, but to try and answer. pentecost was the beginning, not the end. The bible says that if everything was written about Christ is would probably fill all the books in the world (at that time). Not everything may of been documented and written down. As for tongues, not all tongues are human known or even human language, Paul said though I speak with the tongues of men and angels….so there is a "unearthly" language. So see nothing to be concerned about….although people do fake some things in pentecost but thats nothing new. The laughing as I have talked to people is also been known as being drunk in the Spirit, great joy that comes upon a person causing laughter, did it happen to some around pentecost….don't know, but if its from the Holy Spirit never saw a problem, shaking could be included with that also. I have seen huge people get "slain in the spirit" when being prayed over and seen them fall back and crack their heads on floor…..you would think it had to kill them. But they are unhurt every time, no way that can happen except by the Spirit, yet we don't read about that at pentecost either. Perhaps the people in your videos are faking….but regardless, these things do happen today.
Now in case you are talking about pentecost churches today, not long ago…well….. that depends on each church. Perhaps you could comment more what you mean. God Bless!!

Upvote 0

pauluk333

May 21, 2015
✟290.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Didn't watch your video's….sorry…..not big fan of any tv preachers or Copeland for that matter, but to try and answer. pentecost was the beginning, not the end. The bible says that if everything was written about Christ is would probably fill all the books in the world (at that time). Not everything may of been documented and written down. As for tongues, not all tongues are human known or even human language, Paul said though I speak with the tongues of men and angels….so there is a "unearthly" language. So see nothing to be concerned about….although people do fake some things in pentecost but thats nothing new. The laughing as I have talked to people is also been known as being drunk in the Spirit, great joy that comes upon a person causing laughter, did it happen to some around pentecost….don't know, but if its from the Holy Spirit never saw a problem, shaking could be included with that also. I have seen huge people get "slain in the spirit" when being prayed over and seen them fall back and crack their heads on floor…..you would think it had to kill them. But they are unhurt every time, no way that can happen except by the Spirit, yet we don't read about that at pentecost either. Perhaps the people in your videos are faking….but regardless, these things do happen today.
Now in case you are talking about pentecost churches today, not long ago…well….. that depends on each church. Perhaps you could comment more what you mean. God Bless!!

The bible says that if everything was written about Christ is would probably fill all the books in the world (at that time).

I agree but my question is not about Jesus and his miracles its about manifestations not found in the bible, but found in the occult (kundelini )

As for tongues, not all tongues are human known or even human language, Paul said though I speak with the tongues of men and angels….so there is a "unearthly" language.

Sorry were did he say that ?

1 cOR 13: 1 ? - Hers is the verse - If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. Is there another one ?

I have seen huge people get "slain in the spirit" when being prayed over and seen them fall back and crack their heads on floor…..you would think it had to kill them. But they are unhurt every time, no way that can happen except by the Spirit,

No one is ever prayed fall in the bible an fallen down under the power, if God comes, then no one can stand in his presents.

you would think it had to kill them. But they are unhurt every time, no way that can happen except by the Spirit,

You do know that satan has the power to heal and protect if needed to fulfil his desire , right ?

How do you interpret this verse - Do not quench the Spirit. 20Do not treat prophecies with contempt 21but test them all; hold on to what is good, 22reject every kind of evil.

How would we test a spirit ?

6Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, “Do not go beyond what is written.” Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other. 7For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?

Lastly do you think some manifestations may be demonic ?

Upvote 0

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry but now it sounds like you have come here to debate something you have already made up your mind on. I have told you the truth, and now you want to liken what I have seen and know as being demonic….what I have seen have not been demonic but by the power of the Holy Ghost, I have seen the demonic possessed also, and the same Holy Ghost working in men delivered the poor girl. You will probably be skeptical about that also. I will no longer debate you. I think you think the things you have mentioned are demonic and are just trying to prove it here….and thats not permitted on the Pentecost forum, I would suggest the non-denomination thread might be more appropriate if you want to debate your beliefs and unbeliefs.
God Bless.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
...just thought that I would point out that several of the manifestations of the Spirit listed in 1 Corinthians 12 didn't come into play at Pentecost, that we know of, such as healing. I also think that it would be weird to limit the Holy Spirit to a certain list of things that He is allowed to do. He is God; He can do whatever He wants. He is also the Creator - the original creative being.......

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Speaking in a non earthly - non human language - see vide below

Supernatural ability to speak in earthly human languages

Nothing more.
Speaking in tongues is mentioned several places in scripture and ONLY in Acts 2 is it identified as human languages.

Reactions: Biblicist
Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
As for tongues, not all tongues are human known or even human language, Paul said though I speak with the tongues of men and angels….so there is a "unearthly" language.

Your question: Sorry were did he say that ?
If we were to take 100 completely unchurched individuals off the street, then sit them down to read through 1Cor 13 & 14 a couple of times, I would expect that everyone of them would come to the realisation that tongues are always directed to God in angelic/inarticulate and non-cognitive tongues.

Of all of Paul's teachings, he is most clear about a doctrine when he tells us that when we pray in the Spirit (tongues) that we always do so in a non-cognitive tongue.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
When we find people in the presence of God their body reacts in several ways. The Bible lists quite a few of those. The OT has some that the NT doesn't list.
Like the prophets being naked.
1 Cor.12:
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

The diversity is 3 layers deep ... so I'd not expect things were the Spirit is moving to all be the same.

Upvote 0