Till the great tribulation is o'er.

7. I am glad I have learned of her meekness
I am proud that my name is on her book
For I want to be one never fearing
The face of my Savior to look.

8. When He cometh descending from heaven
On the cloud that He writes in His Word
I'll be joyfully carried to meet Him
On the wings of that great speckled bird.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What does this song mean to you?.....

But the great speckled bird in the Bible
Is one with the great church of God........

I think it's a gross twisting of the actual message in the Bible :(

In the Bible, the speckled bird is a very very bad thing!

Jeremiah 12:7-9

“I will forsake my house,
abandon my inheritance;

I will give the one I love
into the hands of her enemies.
My inheritance has become to me
like a lion in the forest.

She roars at me;
therefore I hate her.
9 Has not my inheritance become to me
like a speckled bird of prey

that other birds of prey surround and attack?
Go and gather all the wild beasts;
bring them to devour.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As best I understand it, the Great Speckled Bird represents the church of God who will be raptured.
Amen, but there is no Rapture: But the great speckled bird in the Bible
Is one with the great church of God. When He cometh descending from heaven On the cloud that He writes in His Word I'll be joyfully carried to meet Him On the wings of that great speckled bird.

If you think you are going to be taken away from earth then you are sadly mistaken. You better be here on earth watching, or you will miss the big event so shall the LORD of hosts come down to fight for mount Zion, and for the hill thereof.

1Co 6:2
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world?

Psa 149:9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD.

Ps 36:7 How excellent is thy loving kindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.
Lk 13:34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which kills the prophets, and stones them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!
De 32:11 As an eagle stirs up her nest, flutters over her young, spreading abroad her wings, takes them, bears them on her wings:

Is 31:4 For thus hath the LORD spoken unto me, Like as the lion and the young lion roaring on his prey, when a multitude of shepherds is called forth against him, he will not be afraid of their voice, nor abase himself for the noise of them: so shall the LORD of hosts come down to fight for mount Zion, and for the hill thereof.

Is 31:5 As birds flying, so will the LORD of hosts defend Jerusalem; defending also he will deliver it; and passing over he will preserve it.

Is 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Jer 12:9 Mine heritage is unto me as a speckled bird, צבוּע the birds round about are against her; come ye, assemble all the beasts of the field, come to devour.
[FONT=Georgia, serif]speckled bird:[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] or, a bird having talons [[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]TSK[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]] Bald eagles have large, sharp [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]talons[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] and strong feet. esp of a bird of prey Old French talon "heel or hinder part of the foot of a beast, or of a man peculiar to English" [OED]. Dictionary.com [/FONT]
However, eagles are mentioned in the Bible as being admired for their swiftness, Jeremiah 4:13.great physical power Rev 8:13 and their seemingly endless endurance. Is 40:31 Eagles are one of four dimensions of creation, Rev 4:7; as a messenger of God, Rev 8:13; and a skilled predator. Eagles are also widespread in the Bible for symbolism.Watson, Jeff (2010). The Golden Eagle. A&C Black. ISBN978-1-4081-1420-9.

For example, due to the perceived high level of parental care, eagles were associated with protection and even paralleled to God carrying the Israelites out of Egypt. Job 39:27

But the Hebrew always elsewhere means "a bird of prey." Some, because a word near akin to this signifies a finger, render it a "fingered bird"; that is, a bird with talons or claws; like fingers; the birds : Jer 2:15; 2Ki 24:2; Eze 16:36, Eze 16:37, Eze 23:22-25; Rev 17:16; come ye : Jer 7:33; Isa 56:9; Eze 39:17-20; Rev 19:17, Rev 19:18

Eze 39:17 And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.

18 Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.
19 And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.
20 Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord GOD.

Zep 1:7 Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD: for the day of the LORD is at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath bid his guests.
Zep 1:12 And it shall come to pass at that time, that I will search Jerusalem with candles, and punish the men that are settled on their lees: that say in their heart, The LORD will not do good, neither will he do evil.
Re 4:7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.

Re 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
Re 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

Re 19:18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Jer 12:9 Mine heritage is unto me as a speckled bird, צבוּע the birds round about are against her; come ye, assemble all the beasts of the field, come to devour.

You forgot to read Jeremiah 12:7-8 and then 9 for the proper context...

That speckled bird is just plain bad.

Read Jeremiah 12:7-9 for your sake pls!

I know that the eagle has been used to symbolize God.... ..... but a speckled bird in other translations is a vulture! :o

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You forgot to read Jeremiah 12:7-8 and then 9 for the proper context...That speckled bird is just plain bad.
Have you ever seen a speckled Vulture?
The Serpent Eagle has a spotted breast and eats Vipers and is a bird of prey!

Now, read the rest of Jer 12:7 I have forsaken mine house, I have left mine heritage; I have given the dearly beloved of my soul into the hand of her enemies.

8 Mine heritage is unto me as a lion in the forest; it crieth out against me: therefore have I hated it.

Mine heritage is unto me as a speckled bird,
the birds round about are against her;
come ye, assemble all the beasts of the field, come to devour.

What do you think HER means? the birds round about are against her and who do you think the birds round about are ?

Roy Acuff spells it out for you:
All the other birds are flocking 'round her
And she is despised by the squad
Is one with the great church of God.

Do you know the Hebrew word for EAGLE?
נֶשֶר eagle
Do you know the Hebrew word for VULTURE?
עיט vulture
I know that the eagle has been used to symbolize God.... ..... but a speckled bird in other translations is a vulture! :o
What translations are you quoting? The only speckled bird I know of is a Serpent Eagle and likes live prey!

You also forgot the rest of my quote:

Is 31:5 As birds flying, so will the LORD of hosts defend Jerusalem; defending also he will deliver it; and passing over he will preserve it.

Is 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Zep 1:7 Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD: for the day of the LORD is at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath bid his guests.

Eze 39:17 And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.

18 Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.
19 And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.
20 Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord GOD.

Zep 1:12 And it shall come to pass at that time, that I will search Jerusalem with candles, and punish the men that are settled on their lees: that say in their heart, The LORD will not do good, neither will he do evil.

Re 4:7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.

Re 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Re 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
8 Mine heritage is unto me as a lion in the forest; it crieth out against me: **therefore have I hated it.**

YOu have entirely ignored this one.

Do you realize if you skip certain verses, you can change the context into the opposite meaning??

Your context is just plain wrong, unfortunately, there's not a lot of folks around here interested in your thread to point your mistake.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Do you realize if you skip certain verses, you can change the context into the opposite meaning??
Your context is just plain wrong, unfortunately, there's not a lot of folks around here interested in your thread to point your mistake.

Roy Acuff spells it out for you:
All the other birds are flocking 'round her
And she is despised by the squad
Is one with the great church of God.

נֶשֶר eagle
Do you know the Hebrew word for VULTURE?
עיט vulture

Originally Posted by timewerx
What translations are you quoting? The only speckled bird I know of is a Serpent Eagle and likes live prey

Your context is just plain wrong, unfortunately, there's not a lot of folks around here interested in your thread to point ^ out your mistake

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
נֶשֶר eagle

How did the "great speckled bird" became an Eagle?? Are you deliberately trying to deceive us?? :o

It's ***NOT*** the same Hebrew word used in Jeremiah 12:9!!! :o

Bird of prey/vulture - הַעַ֨יִט
Speckled/hyena - צָב֤וּעַ

Sources:

Jeremiah 12:9 Hebrew Text Analysis

https://translate.google.com/#iw/en/הַעַ֨יִט

https://translate.google.com/#iw/en/צָב֤וּעַ

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟839,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Elizabethinhatcroppedcloser.jpg

MOD HAT ON

This has been moved from Unorthodox Theology as a better fit.

Also, just for information, some of the video posts had to be fixed so the page wouldn't misalign. It's just a glitch and doesn't affect the content of anyone's post.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0