Speaking In Tongues Into The Microphone

Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟55,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Alithis has been on this forum for years and is not known for what you are accusing him of. If he says he was not accusing you, I am confident that he wasn't. It really isn't his style.
He wasn't accusing YOU. Leave it at that. I've read his post over and over. Everybody makes mistakes, including him. It's forgiven. But he needed to be corrected and so I had to say what I said. And I did.

Reactions: FoundInGrace
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Alithis has been on this forum for years and is not known for what you are accusing him of. If he says he was not accusing you, I am confident that he wasn't. It really isn't his style.
Kind of you to point out.and correct. Though my style is rather abrasive.
the misunderstanding lays in the assumption that people have evil spirits as if by choosing. But few do that and christians dont. If they are in a persons life they got there by subtifuge more then likley.
i was simpky pointing out..based on experience that there are signs of thier presence..more signs then folks realize.one sign is an underfinable sense of irritability when in the presence of someone praying loudly tongues. Thus i was offering advice to seek deliverence from that thief thats stealing ones peace.
Certainly not suggesting the op had one..
but in my usual abrasive style.and going on reactionary matarial..i have begun to wonder lol.
however ..again ,they are thieves .they dont invade our lives by knocking and asking ,but by devience and deception.they sneak in through sin or unprotected broken walls.Jesus said ..drive out demons... why?because they are not going to offer to go...they are monstors,not gents.

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟55,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
however ..again ,they are thieves .they dont invade our lives by knocking and asking ,but by devience and deception.they sneak in through sin or unprotected broken walls.Jesus said ..drive out demons... why?because they are not going to offer to go...they are monstors,not gents.
I agree. That's why I questioned how effective my approach has been during fellowship over 25+ years due to what I've recently come up against in some shocking discoveries. Sheer warfare and I wonder if I, along with others, was out of order in any way by avoiding ministry focused on repentance in order to focus more on manifestations that only entertained people who were glad they weren't confronted with the convicting Word that could have led to their (as well as all of our) repentance.

The loving Presence of God and manifestations among us, especially witnessing new converts being filled and speaking in tongues with the rest of us, is what I look forward to among all other experiences the Lord has for us who abide in Him.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree. That's why I questioned how effective my approach has been during fellowship over 25+ years due to what I've recently come up against in some shocking discoveries. Sheer warfare and I wonder if I, along with others, was out of order in any way by avoiding ministry focused on repentance in order to focus more on manifestations that only entertained people who were glad they weren't confronted with the convicting Word that could have led to their (as well as all of our) repentance.

The loving Presence of God and manifestations among us, especially witnessing new converts being filled and speaking in tongues with the rest of us, is what I look forward to among all other experiences the Lord has for us who abide in Him.
good thing to desire ...
and as here already .. spoke with a lady on her door step yesterday . she has never spoken in tongues. so we prayed then and there ad there on her door step she was filled with the holy ghost and began to speak in tongues .
we don't go to a building for it to happen. we are the body .

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟55,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
good thing to desire ...
and as here already .. spoke with a lady on her door step yesterday . she has never spoken in tongues. so we prayed then and there ad there on her door step she was filled with the holy ghost and began to speak in tongues .
we don't go to a building for it to happen. we are the body .
A building is what we heavily relied on. I'm saddened by that now.

Reactions: Alithis
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟789,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
unfinished clay, Great that you're going to look at those passages again.

posted: Is it the interpretive tongue that is the sign to unbelievers or is the unknown tongue that's for self-edification also a sign?

I'll have to look again but think it's either one such as "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;" Mark 16:17 But let me know if you see it differently.

I thought about spiritual warfare earlier but couldn't think of a Scripture. Yes, that happens.

posted: return the following Sunday for the sake of routine

But you have to wonder what they would be like if they never came. Remember years ago when judges would sentence certain folks to attend church for a specific number of weeks/months. I've heard testimonies from some of them and how it changed their lives.

posted: "have we been in the order the Lord wants us to be in in order to be effective?

You may be referring just to the tongues question but there's nothing wrong with asking Yahweh that question in regards to everything. Know it makes some feel uneasy but we need to take a few minutes and wait on His direction.

In regards to repentance or manifestations emphasis, Yeshua said if you don't believe in me, believe the signs and wonders - then you'll get the connection "If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him." John 10:37-38

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟55,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'll have to look again but think it's either one such as "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;" Mark 16:17 But let me know if you see it differently.
Okay. I was in other passages last night. I plan to.
posted: return the following Sunday for the sake of routine

But you have to wonder what they would be like if they never came. Remember years ago when judges would sentence certain folks to attend church for a specific number of weeks/months. I've heard testimonies from some of them and how it changed their lives.
That's true and certainly I hadn't considered that at all. I just basically got discouraged - even praying for them - and left it at that. thank you for bringing up that point. I'm sure some others around me probably did see it the way you're stating because they seem more encouraged. I thank the Lord for that.

You may be referring just to the tongues question but there's nothing wrong with asking Yahweh that question in regards to everything. Know it makes some feel uneasy but we need to take a few minutes and wait on His direction.
Amen. I don't think I've sought Him the way I should have been seeking. I've spent time with Him on it - not recently tho. But during those times, I felt more peace. Now, since the entire year of 2016 confronting new issues/demonic attacks, I know I need to seek His face - on my face.

In regards to repentance or manifestations emphasis, Yeshua said if you don't believe in me, believe the signs and wonders - then you'll get the connection "If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him." John 10:37-38
Amen.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟789,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also, thought about this Scripture in reference to those who attend as a matter of routine "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Isa 55:11

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟55,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also, thought about this Scripture in reference to those who attend as a matter of routine "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Isa 55:11
Amen. Needed this reminder so much.

Upvote 0