Dec 22, 2006
✟16,096.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We read in Scripture that when the Lord returns and we are in heaven, crowns will be given. One of these is the soul winners crown. In the evangelism class I took in Seminary, this was an example of winning a person to Christ. You witness to an unbeliever, they don't accept Christ right then, but you have planted the seed. Someone else comes along and witnesses to them. They still dont believe, but they have watered the seed you planted. Then yet another person witnesses to them and they believe and accept Christ. My question is this. Will all three people who witnessed to that person receive the soul winners crown? I would say yes. but what do you think?

God bless

Last edited:

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,855.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
“Those who claim Christians will receive rewards in heaven for imperfect 'good' works are deluding themselves. While they insist the works are necessary to prove the genuineness of professed faith, but are not required for earning heaven, they fail to understand that works are an evidence of genuineness of professed faith, not a proof of it. I’m sorry to say I believe the whole doctrine is contrived and contradictory. As in saying that post-justification works have sin in them, and yet also saying that they still can merit reward because the guilt of sin has been removed. But what they fail to address is that if the guilt of sin is removed, the works are then ‘perfect.’ So how could one’s work merit more than another, when they are both perfect? It is vain and circular reasoning in confusion and contradiction, because it’s not true.” – Tony Warren

I posted a bunch of quotes and sermons by Don Fortner here: Will There Be Degrees of Rewards in Heaven? | Feileadh Mor

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We read in Scripture that when the Lord returns and we are in heaven, crowns will be given. One of these is the soul winners crown.

Can you post the scripture for this? Seems a little unorthodox. It's my understanding that the "crown" is simply eternal life

Revelation 2:10 Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown.

Revelation 3:11-12New International Version (NIV)

11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We read in Scripture that when the Lord returns and we are in heaven, crowns will be given. One of these is the soul winners crown. In the evangelism class I took in Seminary, this was an example of winning a person to Christ. You witness to an unbeliever, they don't accept Christ right then, but you have planted the seed. Someone else comes along and witnesses to them. They still dont believe, but they have watered the seed you planted. Then yet another person witnesses to them and they believe and accept Christ. My question is this. Will all three people who witnessed to that person receive the soul winners crown? I would say yes. but what do you think?

God bless

My brother,

What did I tell you over the phone the other day in regards to this question?

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

spiritwarrior37

Dec 22, 2006
✟16,096.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Can you post the scripture for this? Seems a little unorthodox. It's my understanding that the "crown" is simply eternal life

Revelation 2:10 Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown.

Revelation 3:11-12New International Version (NIV)

11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

It doesn't actually say soul winners crown. It is called the Crown of Rejoicing.
“For what is our hope, or joy, or CROWN OF REJOICING? Is it not even you in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming? For you are our glory and joy.” (1 Thessalonians 2:19-20)
This crown has been called the “soul winner’s crown.” The apostle Paul is calling those he has saved his “joy” and his “crown of rejoicing.”

But in the end it doesnt matter because we will be casting our crowns at Jesus' feet.

God bless

Upvote 0