✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Soteriology Forum Statement of Purpose

The Soteriology forum is for discussing the various theological doctrines of salvation. All member's who participate in Soteriology are self-identified Christians through adherence to the Christian Forums' Statement of Faith and the Trinitarian nature of God. It is expected that people who post in the Soteriology forum will respect all members of the Christian faith through civil discussion. The Soteriology main forum is for discussion only, no debating (arguing) allowed. The goal of discussion is to widen your perspective and increase your understanding (knowledge) of the various points of view on the topic of salvation. The goal is not to win an argument or to defend your personal point of view against those who oppose it. The Soteriology forum, and CF by extension, does not endorse or promote any one soteriological view. Attacking another member or group of members is not allowed. Please remember to keep your responses in line with our sitewide rules and the following guidelines.

Guidelines for Posting in Soteriology

• Always remember that you are first and foremost brothers and sisters in Christ, regardless of your theological differences on the topic of salvation.
  • NT writers' teachings do not contradict each other or the teachings of Christ. (2 Peter 3:15,16)
  • Biographical discussions of historical church theologians or clergymen are to be carried out in the Christian History forum.
  • Threads which are intended to attack and flame another group of believers will be closed or removed.
  • Threads which turn into a debate may be either moved or copied to the debate forum.
  • Do not identify a group of members or a theological viewpoint with a derogatory or inflammatory label.
  • Do not use words or phrases which other members have indicated are offensive and derogatory.
  • Words and phrases which have a negative connotation in Scripture should not be used to describe a member, group of members, or a theological viewpoint. Some examples (including but not limited to): false gospel, false prophet, heretics, blasphemers, evil, sheep in wolves clothing, different God.

Handling Disagreements

Members who participate in the Soteriology forum are expected to treat one another with courtesy and respect at all times, ESPECIALLY when you disagree with each other.
  • When you disagree, address the content of the post and not the poster.
  • When you disagree with someone's position, you should post evidence and supporting statements for your position. This policy, sometimes referred to as "X means Y because of Z", must be followed especially when posting claims that are widely considered to be controversial.
  • When you disagree and you find yourself becoming frustrated and angry, step away from the computer and give yourself time to cool down.
  • Always proofread your post before hitting the "Reply" button to make sure you have responded with courtesy and respect.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. -- Psalm 19:14

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. -- John 13:34,35

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.