Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
HikingStick writes "News.com is reporting that the Texas attorney general is expanding the allegations against Sony. It seems the software would install even if users declined the EULA. From the article: 'The Texas attorney general said on Wednesday that he added a new claim to a lawsuit charging Sony BMG Music Entertainment with violating the state's laws on deceptive trade practices by hiding 'spyware' on its compact discs ... The new charges brought by Abbott contend that MediaMax software used by Sony BMG to thwart illegal copying of music on CDs violated state laws because it was downloaded even if users rejected a license agreement.'"
http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/12/22/160206

Man, it just gets better and better!

"Can I have your car?"
"No"
"Hey Thanks!" *drives away*

simplicity

incredibly ordinary member
Jun 29, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
✟3,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
They aren't the only irritating people installing junk on my computer. HP has backdoor stuff all over the OS. When I installed my digital camera, Kodak installed a backdoor to download updates. I personally think all of these companies including Bill Gates get cheques from Homeland Security to spy on Americans.

This is what happens when people like the President hire horse trainers into positions of authority like to run FEMA. So really when you get down to it, once again it's all Mr. Bush's fault. Everything is Mr. Bush's fault, and it's about time we blamed him for all of all of our problems.

Upvote 0

horuhe00

Contributor
Apr 28, 2004
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Blame all of the government for this!
The Legislative for being bought into setting up bills for this kind of thing.
The Executive for personaly ordering spying on their own people.
The Judiciary for... well, for leting the other two do as they wish!

And then companies do it and when you ask them "Why?" they say that "The government does it so why can't we?"

Upvote 0