Song that's helped me

Jul 10, 2010
✟15,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a person that uses music for pretty much everything in my life. So making the transition to Christianity is no different. It's been about 2 weeks since I've embraced God and thanked Jesus for His sacrifice.

I asked a friend about Christian music and was introduced to the band Tenth Avenue North today. This part is especially poignant to me so I thought I'd share it in case any other new Christians are as touched by music as I am.

There's a girl in the corner
With tear stains on her eyes
From the places she's wandered
And the shame she can't hide

She says, "How did I get here?
I'm not who I once was.
And I'm crippled by the fear
That I've fallen too far to love"

But don't you know who you are,
What's been done for you?
Yeah don't you know who you are?

You are more than the choices that you've made,
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes,
You are more than the problems you create,
You've been remade.

- You are More

By Your Side is another great song that speaks to me.

Thank you all for your help and your prayers. I've never been happier than since I've let God into my life.

Reactions: texastig

singpeace

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
U.S.
✟40,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
DancingDuck,

I love the name, by the way. I also love music. Tenth Avenue North is a great group. Here are a few others you might like:

Lecrae, Flame, KJ-52, Israel and New Breed, Newsboys, Toby Mac, Donnie McClurkin, Kirk Franklin, John Reuben, and Tait. A great place to listen for free is grooveshark.

Love to you in Christ.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you all so much for the suggestions! I will definitely look into them.

Any suggestions for more traditional worship music? I still don't know many songs at church and wanted to find some on my own :)

Try J.S. Bach's Cantatas. If you sit down with a translation while listening there is no better devotional material as well as beautiful instruments. Which makes one wonder why today there is so few instruments used in the church e.g. piano, organ, guitar, and drums essentially.
Yes, the Cantatas were done in the Church.

Upvote 0

DoctorJosh

Jun 7, 2010
United States of America
✟564.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a person that uses music for pretty much everything in my life. So making the transition to Christianity is no different. It's been about 2 weeks since I've embraced God and thanked Jesus for His sacrifice.

I asked a friend about Christian music and was introduced to the band Tenth Avenue North today. This part is especially poignant to me so I thought I'd share it in case any other new Christians are as touched by music as I am.

There's a girl in the corner
With tear stains on her eyes
From the places she's wandered
And the shame she can't hide

She says, "How did I get here?
I'm not who I once was.
And I'm crippled by the fear
That I've fallen too far to love"

But don't you know who you are,
What's been done for you?
Yeah don't you know who you are?

You are more than the choices that you've made,
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes,
You are more than the problems you create,
You've been remade.

- You are More

By Your Side is another great song that speaks to me.

Thank you all for your help and your prayers. I've never been happier than since I've let God into my life.

I am filled with Joy to see another soul find Jesus, for each person that does is like a lost child running into their Fathers Arms. That God the Father is waiting for His children to run to Him and Love Him with pure hearts. Praise be to the Lord Jesus!

For some songs, I like Petra (the group) since I was a teenager. They have a many albums out, but worth checking out some of their music from youtube to see if you like it. One song used in some Churches is a favorite of mine as well.
This song is off the album Petra Praise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCbwtmjYU7Q

A few other Petra songs..
Petra - King of Kings / Jesus, Jesus, Glorious One

Petra - Who's on the Lord's Side

Then another favorite is the song, "Our God is an Awesome God" which in this video is sang by the audience and Michael Smith. Awesome video and song...Praise in the best way with everyone singing!

YouTube - Michael W Smith - Awesome God

Hope the links work well. God Bless and Praise Jesus with all your hearts!

Upvote 0

r035198x

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
✟13,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all so much for the suggestions! I will definitely look into them.

Any suggestions for more traditional worship music? I still don't know many songs at church and wanted to find some on my own :)
I write about a few popular ones (signature link).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DominiLady

Servant of God
Feb 19, 2010
Bronx, NY
Visit site
✟7,630.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The following artists/bands are phenomenal. I usually listen to them on Pandora Radio which is great because it mixes artists and its just awesome. Try some of them out, you wont be disappointed. God Bless!!!!!!!!

Hillson United
Unhindered
Don Moen
Bishop Hezekiah Walker
Big Daddy Weave
Toby Mac
Canton Jones
Yolanda Adams
William McDowell
Jeremy Camp
Third Day
Salvador Band