✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not know.
If can not forget the hurt, how to forgive?
you do know what it is to forgive but you presently do not want to look at it because you are not willing to do it .

in one sense it is to relinquish your right to vengeance . you have been wronged and you feel justice is not served until you take vengeance . but true vengeance can only be taken out by one whom has never sinned .
so when you realize that there is ONE who has taken that vengeance upon himself ..then you will be able you forgive .. what is the just punishment for the crime do you think .?
shall we accuse them before crowds who hate them?
-it was done
shall we strip them and beat them tearing the their beard from their face and spit upon them ?
-it was done
shall we mock them yet more and ram thorns into their skull and beat their head with sticks ?
-it was done
shall we parade them in naked shame beaten bruises and bleeding through the city streets ?
-it was done
shall we brutally ram iron spikes through their hands and feet pinning them to a hunk of wood and lift them up to hang from the spikes in agony as life wanes excruciatingly slowly from their limp torn form ..?
-it was done

is this what you would have done to they who wronged you ?

you can forgive them when you remember Jesus suffered this for me and for YOU.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
i did not say you judge any one unworthy .
but i did point out what Jesus said ,, "if you do not forgive men their sins neither will your heavenly father forgive yours ."

nothing you have said annuls this , why would you seek reason to not forgive after God has so graciously forgiven us our debt .
And I said that such a command has to be understood in context of the rest of the scriptures.
Not everyone deserves forgiveness and God makes that absolutely clear.
That means that we are NOT under obligation to forgive the clearly unrepentant sinners who choose to do the opposite of what God tells them because they choose to side with the Devil.
To forgive such persons is a sin. If it were righteous to forgive the unrepentant sinners then God would forgive the unrepentant sinners. But he tells us that he doesn't because righteous justice requires that he withhold such forgiveness.

So that must be taken into full consideration lest we go around mindlessly condoning willful sinner's by looking the other way and smiling complacently and forgivingly at their anti-God, pro-Satanic, demonically inspired totally unrepentant antics.

Scriptures do not exist in a vacuum. They have a context which modifies their meaning and which we are expected to apply when reading them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I said that such a command has to be understood in context of the rest of the scriptures.
Not everyone deserves forgiveness and God makes that absolutely clear.
That means that we are NOT under obligation to forgive the clearly unrepentant sinners who choose to do the opposite of what God tells them because they choose to side with the Devil.
To forgive such persons is a sin. If it were righteous to forgive the unrepentant sinners then God would forgive the unrepentant sinners. But he tells us that he doesn't because righteous justice requires that he withhold such forgiveness.

So that must be taken into full consideration lest we go around mindlessly condoning willful sinner's by looking the other way and smiling complacently and forgiving at their anti-God, pro-Satanic, demonically inspired totally unrepentant antics.

Scriptures do not exist in a vacuum. They have a context which modifies their meaning and which we are expected to apply when reading them.
you began this with an erroneous statement .. you said Not everyone deserves forgiveness ..

NONE OF US DESERVE FORGIVENESS >> NONE as in ZERO

so go and forgive as you have been forgiven
and if you will not forgive- neither will your heavenly father forgive you .
don't play games with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The mystery of Grace is that Grace is an empowerment.

When you should hold God with greater love than all things, and family, why would you hurt him through unforgiveness over what happened to anyone else?

God doesn't require us to forgive the Devil and his demons. Neither does God portray himself as forgiving EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY. So when he tells us to imitate him by forgiving others, these two very crucial factors have to be taken into serious consideration lest we wind up not imitating him at all.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I do not know.
If can not forget the hurt, how to forgive?

Trying not refrain from hating isn't easy when the one inflicting psychological agony or physical pain is gloating. We can try to pray for the person to be enlightened and come to an understanding of the Christian way.

In that manner we don't judge but leave it in God's hands. It's only when we desire the person to be damned forever that we are sinning. To feel hurt and angry temporarily is normal. When to feel constantly hurt and angry is normal if the abuse us intense enough and constant. But if in moments of solace we pray for the ignorant or misled person then we are on the right path.

The Bible does describe what it calls unforgivable sin of those who voluntarily choose to Reject Christ's Ransom sacrifice even after having tasted the glory of it's saving power. For such the basis for forgiveness is described as being nullified and even their capacity for repentance as having been permanently shattered in some mysterious way.

Forgiveness does not include the Devil and his demons whom although seeing God face to face and having been once holy angels have chosen to take sides with Satan and resist until they are finally destroyed.

It does not include persons who sin against God's Holy Spirit by calling its manifestation Satanic as the Pharisees did when Jesus resurrected people from the dead, cured the lame, restored sight and expelled demons who fearfully acknowledged him as the Son of God who would ultimately destroy them. Such a sin is classified as unforgivable in the Bible and Christians are under no obligation to forgive that type of sin.

So the concept that EVERYTHING and EVERYONE is to be forgiven isn't a biblical one.

Mark 3:
28Truly I tell you, the sons of men will be forgiven all sins and blasphemies, as many as they utter. 29But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of eternal sin.” 30Jesus made this statement because they were claiming, “He has an unclean spirit.”…

Hebrews 10:26
If we deliberately go on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no further sacrifice for sins remains,

Hebrews-6-

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
Who cares of inflicted agony or gloating.

There is a peace you have to have.

Do not ever question potentially forgiving someone, and I have not written on this thread in accordance to the context of not forgiving Satan.

Where is your unconditional love. Where is peace, do you know the way of peace?

I will say get behind me Satan, you do not question unconditional forgiveness.
It is not hard, you just do not know the way of peace.

This peace is of your thoughts, feelings, emotions, you lay all of those down.
You have no name, you have no opinions, you gave it all up.

With this peace, you would understand that even the good that man does may not be Good to the Lord. Through use of persona influence or actress status to persuade others to donate and help in charity is an evil thing.

You forgive all people, even as you would love them as your neighbor.
Let your consideration of the worst of all circumstances allow you to push toward the smaller more quickly, and then be able to rise above the Earth and your flesh.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trying not refrain from hating isn't easy when the one inflicting psychological agony or physical pain is gloating. We can try to pray for the person to be enlightened and come to an understanding of the Christian way.

In that manner we don't judge but leave it in God's hands. It's only when we desire the person to be damned forever that we are sinning. To feel hurt and angry temporarily is normal. When to feel constantly hurt and angry is normal if the abuse us intense enough and constant. But if in moments of solace we pray for the ignorant or misled person then we are on the right path.

The Bible does describe what it calls unforgivable sin of those who voluntarily choose to Reject Christ's Ransom sacrifice even after having tasted the glory of it's saving power. For such the basis for forgiveness is described as being nullified and even their capacity for repentance as having been permanently shattered in some mysterious way.

Forgiveness does not include the Devil and his demons whom although seeing God face to face and having been once holy angels have chosen to take sides with Satan and resist until they are finally destroyed.

It does not include persons who sin against God's Holy Spirit by calling its manifestation Satanic as the Pharisees did when Jesus resurrected people from the dead, cured the lame, restored sight and expelled demons who fearfully acknowledged him as the Son of God who would ultimately destroy them. Such a sin is classified as unforgivable in the Bible and Christians are under no obligation to forgive that type of sin.

So the concept that EVERYTHING and EVERYONE is to be forgiven isn't a biblical one.

Mark 3:
28Truly I tell you, the sons of men will be forgiven all sins and blasphemies, as many as they utter. 29But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of eternal sin.” 30Jesus made this statement because they were claiming, “He has an unclean spirit.”…

Hebrews 10:26
If we deliberately go on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no further sacrifice for sins remains,

Hebrews-6-

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
re the line highlighted in red .
to get to the point - if we refuse to forgive .. then we DO desire their eternal damnation .we are making the judgment of them declaring them guilty and refusing to forgive them .
you don't get into gods presence with unforgiven sin. no one does .
so the act of unforgiveness -is a desire to see them burn ..it is hate .

and as i said earlier ..no one deserves Gods forgiveness not one of us
so forgive as you have been forgiven and cease promoting an attempted justification for disobeying Jesus who has said .. if you do not forgive men their sin .. neither will your heavenly father forgive you .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I meant to post this verse, but not being as conversant with the Bible as I used to be, I could not find it until tonight.
Ephesians 4:32 "And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."

Upvote 0

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟327,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I had a problem forgiving the man who abused my sister. I finally had to just leave this in God's hands, and with a little time, I'm able to forgive.

Now we just go on, strengthened by the power of forgiveness and knowing what happened. Nothing like this will ever happen again.

Now we know what abuse looks like.

All good things
Emmy

Upvote 0