Sep 4, 2016
Malaysia
✟47,272.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 6:12
Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.

Frankly, many of us sometimes feel difficult to forgive people who hurt you too much, some hurt is even demonic in nature like raping own daughter.
If you do not forgive these people, does it mean you cannot be saved?
If so, salvation is dependent on deed.

So, what's the point of saying salvation is purely a grace/gift?

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Frankly, many of us sometimes feel difficult to forgive people who hurt you too much, some hurt is even demonic in nature like raping own daughter.

Forgiving somebody is your action.

Salvation - is God's action.

Two aren't dependant on each other .

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does God want us to Fully forgive?
I don't understand.
yes .
so we do
you may continue to experience negative emotions for a while but we forgive in faith . and are not ruled by emotions .they will pass away ..

• Agree
Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You will want to forgive others if Jesus truly lives inside of you.

But before we talk further about forgiveness in relation to Soteriology (i.e. the study of salvation), we should first understand how we are ultimately saved.

We are saved by God's Plan of Redemption (i.e. Christ's death, burial, resurrection, and ascension) and by God's grace (mercy), and by Transformation-ism (Titus 3:15), and by Relationship-ism (1 John 5:12) thru the vehicle of faith. Please take note that we are not saved by Belief Alone-ism or by Works Alone Salvationism. Ultimately we are saved by abiding in Christ (Relationship-ism) by faith. No Jesus in your life and there is no salvation. But if Jesus is in your life, then you will bring forth good fruit (and not bad fruit all the time) and become more and more holy (according to God's Word) as you live your life. This is Christ doing the good work in you (in your walk with Him). So you cannot take the credit or pat yourself on the back for a good job done for obeying God's Word. For it is the LORD working in you.

One key to make sure you accepted the LORD properly is by making sure that you actually repented. Many churches today have the silly notion that repentance is merely a change of mind about sin and Jesus. But that is not repentance. Hence, why someone may not have experienced the transforming power of Jesus Christ in their life whereby they may still feel like they are a slave to their sin or dark nature all the time.

Jesus defined repentance for us by pointing us to Jonah 3:6-10 in Matthew 12:41. For Jesus essentially said the Ninevites will rise up in Judgment against this generation because they repented at the preaching of Jonah. In Jonah chapter 3 we learn that the King of the Ninevites had said to the people to cry out to God and to turn from their evil and wicked ways. We then learn that God had seen that they had turned from their wicked and evil ways, too. So it was not an empty profession of paying lip service. They actually were truly sorry over their sins by making good on their prayer towards God in turning from their evil ways.

Jesus said repent or you will perish.

So repentance is:

(a) A cry out to the LORD for the forgiveness of your sin (with a Godly sorrow).
(b) A turning away (or a forsaking) from your sin.

Good deeds are sometimes called fruits of repentance.
A believer obeying the Commands in the New Testament are not only the fruits of your repentance but they are fruits or evidence that the LORD Jesus Christ lives within you (See 1 John 2:3-6).

Anyways, getting back to the topic of forgiveness: Can you not forgive others and still be saved? No, you cannot. Jesus says,

"But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses" (Matthew 6:15).​

Meaning if you do not forgive, then you will not be forgiven; And people that are not forgiven cannot enter into God's Kingdom.

So are we saved by Works Salvation-ism then? Again, no. If we have Jesus living inside of us (Who is the source of our salvation), the LORD will move it upon your heart to forgive others. Can you fight against the LORD living within you and not forgive? Sure you can. Everyone does have free will and God does not force Himself upon His people. Can God strongly nudge us in the direction He wants us to go (like with Jonah)? Yes. But again, we have free will to choose to abide in Christ and His good ways or not. So we must choose this day and every other day (on a daily basis) to serve the LORD.

For we cannot separate Christ's morality from Christ the person. They are connected and bound together as one. For the morality or goodness of Jesus (who is God) is an outpouring of who He is. So my encouragment to anyone who hears my message that if you feel like you cannot forgive someone, then you need to bear your soul to God and ask for His forgiveness. For it is not natural for a believer who walks with Jesus to not feel that they cannot forgive others. For we will be convicted by God to forgive others. On the other hand, if you feel you have repented properly and are still feeling too wounded to forgive, then ask God to help you to heal those wounds (that someone has inflicted upon you) and ask Him for His power to forgive again (Like you once did naturally). Bury yourself in prayer, fasting, and reading God's Word and He will help to give you the power to forgive again (i.e. to live again).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

did someone rape your daughter? Thats terrible.
I would find that very hard to forgive, but God can help us forgive if that person is repentant. If he is not, you do not need to forgive but you need to let Go and let God deal with this person. Don't try to take vengeance, this belongs to God.

Salvation is a free gift and depends on your own belief and faith in who Jesus is, not other peoples. After you are saved you may find it easier to start forgiving people, in fact God will show you the people you need to forgive.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

God doesn't forgive a person who willfully sins unless the person shows repentance.
The Bible tells us to imitate God. So I see no conflict in Christians expecting a person to show remorse in order to be forgiven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Does God want us to Fully forgive?
I don't understand.
According to the Bible he destroys those who insist on doing evil. So there is a limit to what he forgives.

Isaiah 11:4
But with righteousness He will judge the poor, And decide with fairness for the afflicted of the earth; And He will strike the earth with the rod of His mouth, And with the breath of His lips He will slay the wicked

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Salvation is not dependent on anything at all except your acceptance of Him.
God wants us to forgive others because He has forgiven us. I don't know if you know who Corrie ten Boom is. She and her sister, along with other members of her family, were put in concentration camps for rescuing Jews during WWII. I read an account by ten Boom in a doctor's office waiting room. In the article, ten Boom discussed how after a speech she had given, a man introduced himself to her. As she began to hold out her hand to shake his, he told her he had been a prison guard at a concentration camp. Her hand froze. She thought about her beloved sister who had died, and about all the horror she had witnessed and experienced. The man told her that he was saved and now a Christian, and he asked for her forgiveness. This man was not an ordinary German soldier, just doing his duty. He was one of the guards who had killed and tortured innocent men, women, and children. He had willingly ushered people into gas chambers. Ten Boom wrote that she told God, "I can not forgive this man. I feel nothing for him, no love at all." She said that the Spirit spoke in her heart and let her know that IT DOES NOT MATTER how she felt, but only that she forgive his trespasses, just as God had forgiven her trespasses for Christ's sake. She said she was able to shake his hand, and tell him she forgave him. She said that she and the man began talking, and actually started a friendship. He would accompany her on talks and tell people his story. She said that even though she did not love him at the time, she came to love him as a brother in Christ. Of course, you might be talking about forgiving someone who never apologized. This is hard, but God wants us to forgive. He has forgiven us so much. As humans, we tend to think of sins as being greater or smaller, but they are all the same. Basically, I am saying you can forgive someone as an act of the will and not necessarily an act of emotion. The emotion may come later.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God doesn't forgive a person who willfully sins unless the person shows repentance.
The Bible tells us to imitate God. So I see no conflict in Christians expecting a person to show remorse in order to be forgiven.
Are we to live by what you see? Or by the word of God....

• Agree
Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟59,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
did someone rape your daughter? Thats terrible.
I would find that very hard to forgive, but God can help us forgive if that person is repentant. If he is not, you do not need to forgive but you need to let Go and let God deal with this person. Don't try to take vengeance, this belongs to God.

Salvation is a free gift and depends on your own belief and faith in who Jesus is, not other peoples. After you are saved you may find it easier to start forgiving people, in fact God will show you the people you need to forgive.

I disagree. We are to forgive regardless of whether or not that person repents.
Unforgiveness poisons your heart and mind. Loved ones are denied your whole being and pay a price if you are filled with bitterness and unforgiveness. This robs your sons and daughters and you grandchildren of much of the joy of living. You may think you are not doing them harm, but they suffer needlessly if you do not forgive one who has hurt you deeply.

I did not consider the harm that my struggle to forgive one who had hurt me beyond what I could ever have imagined until after over 35 years Jesus spoke to me through another person. But they were not words of this world but were living words as God breathed faith into their words and I was set free.
Now I see each day a little bit more of the harm I did to family and freinds. I hurt them more than I'll ever have time to help them free themselves of the affects that my failing to forgive that person brought upon them.
Imagine suddenly waking up to the harm you've caused your kids, your grandkids and other loved ones. Knowing full well that your unforgiveness denied them your love.
That had you forgiven as soon as posible their lives, their joy would be richer and deeper.

That's where I'm at now. You don't want to be there. Forgive and you will be giving those close to you a priceless gift that only God can make possible.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let's say Mr. A killed my mother.
Am I to forgive him?
Forgive him does not mean saving him.
He could be unrepentant and die eternally.

Regardless of what that person did to your mother and the states of their own heart towards God, you would still need to forgive this person in order to be forgiven by God. It's what Matthew 6:14-15 plainly states. But we have to realize that salvation is not just keeping a mere set of rules alone, though. Salvation is in a person named Jesus Christ. Once a person has this relationship (for real) they will want to naturally forgive others or strive at forgiving them with the LORD's help. One can have a relationship with Jesus if they are truly broken before God with a Godly sorrow over their wicked state and they have asked the LORD to forgive them of their transgressions with the intention that they would forsake their sin (i.e. not remain in a life of sin but to live righteously by allowing Jesus to do the good work thru them).

Upvote 0

Jesus_is_Saint

Sep 4, 2016
Malaysia
✟47,272.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If someone murdered my mother, and God asked me,"Will you forgive him?"
I replied,"God, honestly speaking, I can't forgive him but hate him. "
How can I lie to God?
God knows my heart.
If I said I can forgive the murderer, I am lying to God.
Will God be happy with a lie answer?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If someone murdered my mother, and God asked me,"Will you forgive him?"
I replied,"God, honestly speaking, I can't forgive him but hate him. "
How can I lie to God?
God knows my heart.
If I said I can forgive the murderer, I am lying to God.
Will God be happy with a lie answer?

Try reading Matthew 6:14-15 in prayer with God. You will either accept His Word or you will reject it. But if you do reject Jesus's words, then you will be faced with what Jesus said here....

"He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day." (John 12:48).​

And what He said here...

26 "And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it."
(Matthew 7:26-27).​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Unforgiveness is a form of hate. Hate is like a powerful acid. It corrodes the container in which it is stored as much as the object on which it is poured.

I was in that state many years ago when a man in authority did his best to destroy my career just as it was getting started. My hatred soured my mind until I was able to let it go.

• Agree
Upvote 0