✟15,898.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey ladies! :wave:

My Hubby and I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months now, and only just now have I found out that the KY jelly (and almost every lotion/lubricant out there) has spermicidal in it. So basically, if the sperm comes into contact with the lotion, it immobilizes it so they can't move (and can't travel far enough to get you pregnant). DOH! :doh: I didn't know that. Maybe I'm the only one who was out of the loop, but just in case someone else out there didn't know, I figured I'd post this.

This is now my first month of TTC without the KY jelly, maybe it'll make a difference? :) Though I asked some people and they said they conceived with using KY, so it's probably not that big of a deal. Still, I'm excited to see if it will make a difference. Btw, the "Pre-Seed" lubricant is TTC safe. I don't know about any others.

Hope it was okay to post this. :blush:

Just4Jesus

Legend
Jan 16, 2006
Alabama
✟81,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

My Hubby and I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months now, and only just now have I found out that the KY jelly (and almost every lotion/lubricant out there) has spermicidal in it. So basically, if the sperm comes into contact with the lotion, it immobilizes it so they can't move (and can't travel far enough to get you pregnant). DOH! :doh: I didn't know that. Maybe I'm the only one who was out of the loop, but just in case someone else out there didn't know, I figured I'd post this.

This is now my first month of TTC without the KY jelly, maybe it'll make a difference? :) Though I asked some people and they said they conceived with using KY, so it's probably not that big of a deal. Still, I'm excited to see if it will make a difference. Btw, the "Pre-Seed" lubricant is TTC safe. I don't know about any others.

:thumbsup:great info, thanks for posting!

Upvote 0

angelsamongus

Daughter of the Most Holy
Apr 14, 2008
Minnesota
✟8,156.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Doh! Can't believe I'd forgotten that. We use KY so will have to switch to pre-seed again. Thanks.
I have never heard this. I was wondering were you find this info. It would really help us thanks.

Upvote 0

BookwormPrincess

Quietly trusting in God's goodness and love
Jul 9, 2006
✟8,031.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
PreSeed is recommended for women suffering with vaginal dryness and trying to conceive

This is the UK site, but I expect someone else will know of a shop that sells in the US.

Zestica Fertility lubricant. Zestca-Fertility product information, distribution and media information site

Also, I used Zestica lubricant this month and we conceived. I'm not saying it's the lube that gave us our BFP, but I found it really comfortable and very realistic. I'm going to use it all the time instead of KY Jelly even when we're not TTCing.

Pre-seed is usually used internally and applied in advance and zestica is an external lube, although you can get tubes of pre-seed to use externally too.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

PROUD2LOVEJESUS

Christian
Jul 6, 2010
USA
Visit site
✟7,668.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

THANK YOU!!!! This has given me a little hope. Will discontinue use of this (not KY, but still)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jan 16, 2012
USA
✟15,114.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While TTC my first a couple years ago, we used Preseed. It took us 6 months to conceive. It is pricey and I recently looked up the ingredients and didn't like that there are parabens included. We have been using coconut oil for a lubricant for some time now and it is the BEST. It's healthy for you, too!

Upvote 0