Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How hypocritical, seeing as the vast majority of mourners eat less fortunate ducks.
It's not hypocritical as they are not mourning all drakes or ducks in general, but a specific, well-known and beloved duck who had lived in their community for upwards of a quarter century.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Funny, where I went to college there was this little strip of restaurants by the college where we would hang out.

In the strip there was this squirrel that we called Boscoe. Boscoe was perhaps the fattest squirrel I had ever seen in my life, he was almost as big as a human head. He could barely climb a tree he was so fat. Well, Boscoe had figured out that there was no need to do all the squirrel stuff if you weren't scared of humans and learned to befriend people. So, Boscoe would walk right up to you and eat right out of your hand and even let you pet him. It even got to the point where he actually would respond to his name.

We liked him and he became a staple of the college, everyone knew of Boscoe.

I can easily see something like this for a local famous duck.

Not sure about having a wake, but it's not so strange especially given that the duck was around for 25 years...

Upvote 0