• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Someone help me

M

mebby02

Hi everyone my husband and I have a great marriage
We get a along so well. The problem is my mom and sis aren't.
My sister got along as kids well when she got older she
Is nothing but rude to me telling me she finds ways for us
To break us up and calls me horrible names.
I tell her how it hurts me she laughed wow oh my
Gosh you take everything so personally. Your way too
Sensitive. We both work together but different departments
My parents are moving away soon she will
Have no one she says we better see her or she will
Smash my husbands head in with a rock and push me
Down a cliff I say no your not nice to me. She says your dead to me now
Do you think it's right I don't want to see her.
I don't want to be hurt all my life she acts just
Like my mom. Who physically abused me and mentally abused me. Do you think it's wrong I don't want to see her Someone
Please help me

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟437,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi everyone my husband and I have a great marriage
We get a along so well. The problem is my mom and sis aren't.
My sister got along as kids well when she got older she
Is nothing but rude to me telling me she finds ways for us
To break us up and calls me horrible names.
I tell her how it hurts me she laughed wow oh my
Gosh you take everything so personally. Your way too
Sensitive. We both work together but different departments
My parents are moving away soon she will
Have no one she says we better see her or she will
Smash my husbands head in with a rock and push me
Down a cliff I say no your not nice to me. She says your dead to me now
Do you think it's right I don't want to see her.
I don't want to be hurt all my life she acts just
Like my mom. Who physically abused me and mentally abused me. Do you think it's wrong I don't want to see her Someone
Please help me

I think it's healthy for you not to want to see your abusive sister.

Sometimes with abusive family members we do need to set boundaries and limit our contact with them in order to protect ourselves and our loved ones. Your situation sounds like one of those kind of situations.

If we are a caring, loving kind of person, we can sometimes feel guilty for doing the things we need to do in order to protect ourselves and our loved ones (like our husbands) from an abusive person, but since it isn't wrong for someone to want to protect him or herself from an abuser then that kind of guilty feeling is 'false' and not a 'true' guilt feeling from God.

Once we understand our feelings of guilt and recognize those that are false, we can choose to reject those false guilty feelings and pray to ask God for the courage and faith to do the healthy things we need to do in order to protect ourselves and loved ones.

... And when we pray and ask God for His help, He helps us. :)

Praying for you today, and for your situation.
God bless.

Reactions: slateblue
Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No need for any twinges of conscience. It's so hard having a situation like that. But we must be realistic. In reality there is no mutual relationship; she has acted in ways that are destructive.

Don't get bitter. You may also need to take more drastic actions if her threats continue.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

Kristin E

Follower Of Christ
Feb 28, 2010
VA/NC
✟2,278.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yea I definitely would cut all ties, this is definitely abuse and you don't deserve that in your life.
I suffered from abuse by the hands of my oh so loving narcissistic grandmother... one day I got tired of it, and cut her off, it was the BEST decision I ever made.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
If you have told your sister how what she does and says hurts you, walk away. You have a wonderful new family to begin and put your focus towards. They will treasure you EVERY SINGLE DAY. Keep your focus on them all the time.

Upvote 0

slateblue

Jun 26, 2015
✟7,664.00
Faith
Christian
I am so sorry you are going through this and I feel for you. I can say this with confidence becuase my sister is exactly the same way. Your sister is abusive, controlling, mean, evil and a manipulator. YOu dont need her (at least for right now) she has broken your trust. And you do not deserve this anxiety, fear and abuse. Just live with your husband and be happy. I know its hard becuase you want to be with your sister and for her to act right. But you have to step back. Know that you are not alone. This is my situation too. Your sister probably has abandonement issues. I know you are probably bitter towards her and angry but please pray for her from your heart. And put up those limits. Im sorry

Upvote 0