Not open for further replies.

BernieEOD

Mar 21, 2009
✟1,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This does not go to Obama only. For starters, the ships own boarding party should have been able to handle it once the Captian jumped overboard. There would have been no need for a sniper. With the hostage in the water, just have the ships 5" gun blow up the lifeboat. Long before the SEALs arrived, there should have been a RIB with a Ships boarding party ready to exploit such an event as the hostage trying to escape. As far as not being able to return fire, you don't do that in a hostage situation. Having been in the Navy Under Carter, Reagan, Bush. Clinton, and Bush 43, I can tell you that whomever is in the White House has little effect on the culture. The Navy, in the words of Sci Fi author Robert H Hienlin (A Navy veteran himself) Describes the Navy as a "Non combatant service force". The average Sailor recieves no wepons training what so ever. Even when he has to have a wepon to guard the ship, his only training consists of firing 30 rouds with a pistol or 40 with a rifle. Even the regualr SEALs who deploy with the fleet were not considered up to the task.This is why they had to fly SEAL Team 6 in from the States instead of using the regular SEALS who were on board the USS Boxer.
The culture has always been there weather under a GOP or Democrat president.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
Well, you are absolutely correct. The man said the warning was "URGENT" and "ABOUT TO HAPPEN". The longest amount of time for an "urgent warning" for something "about to happen" in the Bible that I can find is in Jonah and it was 40 days.

Unless, there's some Biblical basis for an urgent warning that is about to happen longer than 40 days, then ???

I've looked at fifty and seventy and I didn't see anything involving an urgent warning. There were certainly instructions involving those numbers but not an "urgent warning".

One man who has a ministry, backing David Wilkerson, said it could be months or years..but I don't see how a person can say that and still say its "urgent" and "about to happen" as well as "make sure you have 30 days food on hand".

So, it's not come to pass in a Biblical time frame for "urgent warnings" so it must not have been from the Lord. In my own mind, I'm going to slowly disregard it as 50 days and 70 days pass in case I'm missing something, Biblically. I appear to have been wrong about the warning and thinking it was true as well.

So, yes, I owe you a hug! The man appears to have indeed made a false prophecy, claiming that he heard something urgent and "about to happen" from the Lord that did not come to pass by Biblical standards. He's lost credibility. And Biblically, he should not be listened to anymore.

smiley-hug002.gif

smiley-hug008.gif
Happily accepted and hugs right back atcha

Upvote 0

Hairy Tic

May 4, 2005
✟2,144.00
Faith
Catholic
I'm just outraged by Obama and the people who pledge to "be a servant to our president". His anti-American, anti-Christian, anti-life policies coupled with pro-terrorist, pro-death, humans-are-a-cancer-that-must-be-destroyed agenda... it's satanic.

And as far as no signs for the church...we know there's 2000 years for Israel to be abandoned and then they will be reinstated (Hosea 6). We leave BEFORE that reinstatement when the gog/Northern armies are invading. (Joel 2)

Well, it's been 2000 years since Christ's birth but only about 1970 since His death and ascension. We are VERY close.
## If you have so much to complain of - why not pray for Obama ?

Upvote 0

Hairy Tic

May 4, 2005
✟2,144.00
Faith
Catholic
It probably wasn't as bad with FDR because he wasn't black. It would appear to me that there are an astonishing number of people who will beilieve any preposterous statement about Obama, and I find little explanation for it other than blackness.

Now of course people will say this has nothing to do with his color, but then we don't have any racism in this great nation, do we?
## At least where Catholics are involved, an anti-Obama animus may very likely have something to do with his policies (if that's not too grand a name for them) on abortion.

Some people prove, to their own satisfaction, if to no-one else's, that he is the 666 of Revelation 13.18. And if he is, then they have almost a duty to hate him. God's useful that way :eek: Since Obama is not the 666 (the author, rather tiresomely, was writing for the very near future & not for readers centuries later), they are mistaken. Besides, the Pope's the 666 - this has been dinned into everyone's head for centuries. Ergo, Obama can't be.

I think Obama satisfies a psychological need - the need to hate. Which if true says something very humiliating about human nature.

Upvote 0

Hairy Tic

May 4, 2005
✟2,144.00
Faith
Catholic
do you know what the bible says are the signs?

It's not just "bad stuff" - like.... sin.
It's a combination of specifics like increase of knowledge
seeking global peace
world unrest
race against race
loss of natural affection
increase of earthquakes/weather anomolies
increase in violence/lawlessness
economic calamity - and other things

I'd really suggest that if people are going to mock or reject prophetic
signs that they'de first do some research on what the Bible
actually says in some detail.
Does anyone actually listen to teachers & Pastors who
preach on prophetical signs?
Or is everyone self taught around here?

If nobody is going to take the time to study this and see
what the facts are about it, I hardly consider it wise to
sit in contempt on an issue
## Nothing new there, then :)

Mockery is the appropriate response - the whole thing is silly. As for listening, people have "proved" that the Second Coming would occur in:
- & so on. And those are only the dates I can remember without looking them up. So far, the failure rate of these "prophecies" is 100%. If anything is certain, it's this: the Second Coming will still be in the future in 2017. And for a long time after that. :) If it ever happens.

None of that bad stuff is any more characteristic of our times, than of the past - so it's meaningless. Tat, or much of it is simply unverifiable: how can it be shown that "loss of natural affection" is any more common now than it was in (say) the 60s AD ? Besides, some of these things are mentioned by St. Paul - & he thought that he would be alive at the Second Coming. He must be pretty ancient if he is still alive ! No. He's dead, & he was wrong on that point.

Upvote 0

Hairy Tic

May 4, 2005
✟2,144.00
Faith
Catholic
Asians don't have white people DNA, Black people don't have Indian DNA, hence the differences. So what you are suggesting means that Adam was some species other than human.Yes, they are all one species... but it is a species with too much diversity to have been generated from only 2 individuals 4000 years ago.

If Noah and his wife were Semetic, then no, they couldn't have had a black, white, and Asian son.
## Henry M. Morris - whose book "The Genesis Flood" is just the thing for a rainy day, or for if you're feeling "down" - had a theory about this. Enter "Baramins":
It even includes the Paluxy River footprint. :)

Upvote 0

Hairy Tic

May 4, 2005
✟2,144.00
Faith
Catholic
By the same measure how do we know the gods don't live on Mount Olympos, a dragon named Scylla doesn't live in the strait between Sardania and Corsica and eat sailors, and Superman's Fortress of Solitude is not made from a cave he excavated himself in the side of an arctic mountain? If you want to believe all of that believe it all-otherwise it's just a selective decision to believe sixteen impossible things before breakfast.

So it is with everything; the concept there is anything which is otherwise is entirely imaginary.

Obviously it is then given disagreements among individual Christians and denominations.

And never once did he advocate political correctness.
## The argumentum ex Superhominem would explain a lot of Bible difficulties - & help to prove its inerrancy :) How did all these animals congegate to enter the Ark ? Simple - the Man of Steel flew through a rent in the time barrier, backwards in time to help Noah. As he - Supey, not Noah - can fly at super-speed, & has super-hearing, as well as X-ray vision, collecting animals from all over the globe should be the easiest thing imaginable. While he's doing all that, Noah is busy buildng the Ark & being a "preacher of righteousness". Since the Man of Steel has flown through such a rent before, he can do so again.

Since God can do anything, He can certainly arrange all this. That's the problem with explanation by Divine Power - anything can happen, & nothing is implausible. Which is why Biblical scholars do not appeal to that argument: it rules out nothing, certainly not Superman. The explanation means there is no way of proving that "The Lord is my Light and my Salvation" is not a "prophecy" of the Green Lantern. Or that the entire J.L.A. is not mentioned in the Bible. Or that Wonder Woman, lassoo and all, is not referred to in Rev. 12.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
## If you have so much to complain of - why not pray for Obama ?

And what exactly should I pray for? Should I pray that Obama lead this nation in repentance in sackcloth and ashes for throwing God out of America? Ooops...first I'd need to pray that Obama stop doing that himself. Ooops...before that, I'd need to pray that Obama actually believe in Jesus and the Bible. Ooops...even before that, I'd need to pray that Obama abandon the false gods of his fathers.

The man mocks the Bible, Christians ("bitterly clinging to guns and religion") and Christianity publically and is doing everything ANTI-CHRISTIAN (abortion, homosexuality, referring to Christians as extemists) that he possibly can all while claiming to pray to Jesus. That's the kind of "Christian" that the church is supposed to remove from our fold.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And what exactly should I pray for? Should I pray that Obama lead this nation in repentance in sackcloth and ashes for throwing God out of America? Ooops...first I'd need to pray that Obama stop doing that himself. Ooops...before that, I'd need to pray that Obama actually believe in Jesus and the Bible. Ooops...even before that, I'd need to pray that Obama abandon the false gods of his fathers.

The man mocks the Bible, Christians ("bitterly clinging to guns and religion") and Christianity publically and is doing everything ANTI-CHRISTIAN (abortion, homosexuality, referring to Christians as extemists) that he possibly can all while claiming to pray to Jesus. That's the kind of "Christian" that the church is supposed to remove from our fold.
I pray ...................... God removes him :prayer: ;)

If not, then I know God has a purpose to use him prophetically.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
## Nothing new there, then :)

Mockery is the appropriate response - the whole thing is silly. As for listening, people have "proved" that the Second Coming would occur in:
- & so on. And those are only the dates I can remember without looking them up. So far, the failure rate of these "prophecies" is 100%. If anything is certain, it's this: the Second Coming will still be in the future in 2017. And for a long time after that. :) If it ever happens.

None of that bad stuff is any more characteristic of our times, than of the past - so it's meaningless. Tat, or much of it is simply unverifiable: how can it be shown that "loss of natural affection" is any more common now than it was in (say) the 60s AD ? Besides, some of these things are mentioned by St. Paul - & he thought that he would be alive at the Second Coming. He must be pretty ancient if he is still alive ! No. He's dead, & he was wrong on that point.
Ya this is a very common error people make -

That just becuz some people do wrong, it means that the Bible
can't be true or right.
I guess that becuz there are other religions in the world, it has to
mean that Christianity can't be right either. Ya I get it. :yawn:

But God has something to say about people who mock prophecy

Peter 3:2-4
2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior,
3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts,
4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

5 For this they willfully forget:
8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
The Day of the Lord

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I cannot believe that you just prayed for Obama's death.

Then, again. Yes I can. :doh:
where do you get DEATH out of that?

Good Lord!

God CAN remove him from power - or spare us a 2nd term.

I'm baffled how you come to such judgments about me -
I don't care if you dislike me, I just do'nt see how you
can think such a thing

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BelindaP

Senior Contributor
Sep 21, 2006
Indianapolis
✟20,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you hadn't posted a winky smiley, I would have interpreted it to mean exactly as you wrote it. Posting the winky smiley is the exact same thing as saying 'if you know what I mean.' It's disingenuous of you to pretend anything different.

Upvote 0

BernieEOD

Mar 21, 2009
✟1,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I pray ...................... God removes him :prayer: ;)

If not, then I know God has a purpose to use him prophetically.

And what? Repalces him with another evil invader? One who will start another war? A war you and those like you cheer from the sidlines but would never present your body to fight?

The other party is no more Christian than this one.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you hadn't posted a winky smiley, I would have interpreted it to mean exactly as you wrote it. Posting the winky smiley is the exact same thing as saying 'if you know what I mean.' It's disingenuous of you to pretend anything different.
Why would I pray for someone to be killed?

And I'm NOT being disingenuous and I find it offensive that you're
arguing w/ me when I'm telling you I mean no such thing.

That wink is meant to go along with the extended periods
in that sentence.
I pray..............................

that he's removed
;)

(one would normally expect us to pray FOR them, I would
pray he's taken out of office.)
does that make any sense to you?

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And what? Repalces him with another evil invader? One who will start another war? A war you and those like you cheer from the sidlines but would never present your body to fight?

The other party is no more Christian than this one.
I'm not sure why you call them an invader?

I dunno, we've had 2 good presidents - most people loved
Kennedy (I wasn't born when he was Pres., but I heard he was
the best Pres. we had) & Reagan.

In the Bible one of God's judgments on a nation is bad leaders -
perhaps we're in that very scenario where God isn't giving us any?

Upvote 0

BernieEOD

Mar 21, 2009
✟1,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And what exactly should I pray for? Should I pray that Obama lead this nation in repentance in sackcloth and ashes for throwing God out of America?

He might, then again maybe not.

Ooops...first I'd need to pray that Obama stop doing that himself. Ooops...before that, I'd need to pray that Obama actually believe in Jesus and the Bible. Ooops...even before that, I'd need to pray that Obama abandon the false gods of his fathers.

Bush was just as false as Obama with his evil invasion policies.

The man mocks the Bible, Christians ("bitterly clinging to guns and religion")

While a firarms enthusianst myself, I cannot cling to the claim that Guns & God go together. A firearm is just another tool fo this world along with my hammers, wrenches fire extinguisher, first aid kit etc....

and Christianity publically and is doing everything ANTI-CHRISTIAN (abortion, homosexuality, referring to Christians as extemists) that he possibly can all while claiming to pray to Jesus. That's the kind of "Christian" that the church is supposed to remove from our fold.

And the one before him, egged on by the false prophets of the neocon right claim Christ told him to kill Muslims. Worse, the abortion, adultery, divorce, drug use, and other vices of this world are no different among Republicans as they are among Democrats. God has more disadin for those who claim to be his while being more like the world than the world is.
The GOP is just that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.