AlteWolf

Nov 6, 2005
✟15,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
renaistre said:
Oh wow guys, you all just made my "mountaineering sickness" a whole lot worse. My last trip, which was my first real Serra climb, was in August. In the last few weeks I've really been wanting to go again. Thanks for sharing those pictures.

As far as elevations go, the highest I've been was about 13,200 feet on Mt. Ritter in the Sierras. A friend of mine and I have been talking about putting together a trip from Badwater, in Death Valley, to Mt. Whitney. It would go from the lowest point in the western hemisphere to the highest point in the lower 48 states in about 150 miles. Badwater is several hundred feet below sea level, and Whitney is just under 15,000 feet. I don't know if we will be able to do it, but it would be an awesome trip.

Sounds like a really good idea, just make sure you post plenty of pics for us to see :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

renaistre

The mountains are calling...
Jan 15, 2004
Santa Clarita, CA
Visit site
✟2,067.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
NorwayUnn said:
I agree with the Wolfe, and I am looking forward to many excellent pics :thumbsup: :wave:

No kidding. I think I'd have to buy a new SD card for my camera just to make sure I wouldn't run out of space. :D I'd still only put the chances at about 50% that this trip will even happen, but if it does, it will probably be sometime late next year.

Upvote 0

AlteWolf

Nov 6, 2005
✟15,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
NorwayUnn said:
We have'em here too, like for instance Cecilie Skog from our town
cecilie.jpg
K2 and Antarctic is not unfamiliar to this girl and her boyfriend Rolf Bae
bae.jpg
They are in the Antarctic now, hoping to reach the South Pole around Christmas. :thumbsup: Not bad, eh?

Just a word of Congratulations to Cecilie Skog et al on this thread for reaching the South Pole :clap: :clap: :clap: Click here!

No surprise that the spirit of the Viking and the mighty Roald Amundsen live on in such people today :amen:

Congratulations on your achievement :wave: :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

AlteWolf

Nov 6, 2005
✟15,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I surfed through the archives for a few new mountain pics for you guys :wave:

These were taken a few years ago on 'The Devil's Ridge' in Glencoe in the Highlands of Scotland with my good friend Mr M.

Don't be put off by the name of the ridge it brought me closer to our Blessed Lord than in such a long while :thumbsup: Hallelujah :pray:

devils_ridge.jpg

This is a most beautiful area of NW Scotland and once you have visited it you always want to return to be 'in' its beauty :)

Spose it is a bit like our precious Lord Jesus in that sense :clap:

The Mamores from one of the 'tops' :thumbsup:

mamores.jpg

Good days with good friends, those days are gone now but their memory will 'never die' in my mind. Thank you Lord :prayer:

N_and_D_Devils_Ridge_Glen_Nevis.jpg

The mighty Stob Ban one of Scotland's finest Munros. Here I found much peace and joy in my spirit, Praise The Lord :bow:

What a wonderful creator we have :clap: :clap: :clap:

Stob_Ban_Mamores.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlteWolf

Nov 6, 2005
✟15,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
NorwayUnn said:
lol@wolfeman.funnyguy.com hehe, she looks funny!

Thanks for all the great pics you have shared in here again. :thumbsup:

Heres a couple more of the Himalaya. First one is trango Tower Photo E. Wesker
trango_tower.jpg

This is one of my favourites a friend went to see it a couple of years ago en route to Annapurna. It is called Machapuchare aint it somethin :eek: :thumbsup:
Photo E. Wesker

machapuchare_2.jpg

Upvote 0

AlteWolf

Nov 6, 2005
✟15,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
sarasarabobara said:
All these pictures are absolutely amazing! :clap: Do you all have degrees in art photography?

Here are some more from the Swiss Alps. I think they are very beautiful. They show the magnificent Matterhorn in all her glory.

I cannot claim the credit for these awesome shots, that belongs to the mighty Julius Silver and Matterhorn Net :thumbsup:

I hope you all enjoy them

swiss100.jpg

swiss65.jpg

The_incomparable_Matterhorn.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlteWolf

Nov 6, 2005
✟15,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here are a few more. The North Face of the Eiger (Eiger Nordwand), Monch and Jungfrau in the Bernese Oberland in Switzerland (took this in 1989):thumbsup:
eiger_monch_und_jungfrau.jpg

Looking into Austria from the top of the Timmelsjoch Pass (Taken last year 2005)

timmelsjoch_austrian_side.jpg

Some wee Bavarian blue flowers taken in southern Germany in the mountains. Aint they purdy (taken last year 2005) :thumbsup:

blue_alpines.jpg

Upvote 0