Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

Just making useful predictions leading up to my cross (2053).

The appearance of Christ will divide the world, as He said "I come to bring a sword, not peace". As such many faiths will scatter to the wind, even as they do every Sunday when Church is finished. It will be just too hard to live up to the standard of man, which he sets in his imagination, not doing the will of God. The futility of it will become clear and those that have not truly loved God will lose their converts. Loving God means making a separation between man and cross, that constitutes a difference you can do something about (by taking up your cross).

The fact that the faith will scatter will mean that many see an opportunity to lead, where before they did not. The simplicity of adhering to faith will appeal to many and there will be surprise that it is so simple. For this reason leaders will have clarity about what they are doing and why they are doing it and they will take up the charge with fervour, whereas before they would only do it in zeal. This is because God with the advent of the Son will extend forgiveness to mankind, whereas before He merely showed it to them. This will be a renewal of the old covenant for many and leaders especially will see the significance of it.

But with this there will be scepticism, as the people seeing that men desire to lead, themselves do not desire to work other than they always have done. "You lead," they will say "but as for me, I have other things to do". This fulfils scripture that Jesus gave that when the time for the banquet comes, there will be many excuses: one will say I have oxen, another a field and yet another a wife. So it will be that for all their fervour leaders do not gain the enthusiasm of the world. There is a silver lining in this however, as the zeal will come to the faithful, who have been doing the work all along and now will be rewarded with greater zeal and greater recognition of their work. Too late, for those whose flesh has grown old with the ageing of time, but more than enough for those whose faith is truly in the Lord, no matter their condition.

The Church will win many of course, by remaining as enthusiastic as always, but because of scepticism, the moreso if it remains wise and mature in its outlook. As the Church strays from the words of Jesus so it will grow weak and die. Yet fortunately this will not be so for most of them; the time when men control the destiny of Churches as a matter of tradition will fade and there will be a new zeal not only for the faith, but for works of the faith and the added fruit that that brings. There will therefore be vigour in the Church's doings and it will be as if the oldness of the flesh has been forgotten for at least an epoch (10,000 years). This will bring man into the strength of the new Earth and again, seeing this in the Church, many will be saved and won to Christ's cause.

The only thing it is really hard to tell in all this, is just how much light will actually shine from the Church to the world. As long as the Church stays mired in controversy and does not witness, the light will grow ever dimmer, but for those that shine forth and dispel controversy, there will be great light. The problem here is that light is quick, but what men are called to do, is come to the light steadily and without wavering, therefore only those that have Wisdom, will truly succeed in the faith, for just witnessing or encouraging for a time but not consistently will not win anyone to the faith that Jesus has. In this bearing up one's cross will be vital, it will be the cross that delivers men from anxieties and worries, it will be the cross that reminds people of their strength and their hope, it will be the cross that anchors the faith and brings new strength for witness.

So let us look to the cross!:preach::D

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, this is why Acts 13's sermon must determine even how we do "prophecy" stuff. The pulse and passion of our work must be about justfication from sins in Christ.

"I have not come to bring peace but a sword" referred to the judgement of 66+. A sword often was an OT symbol of a day of wrath. He knew Israel would not accept the new mission of the Gospel.

Upvote 0