Sola Scriptura vs. Catholic Tradition

B

bbbbbbb

I've given you some of my reasons. Whether you accept them or not is not in my control. I have yet to meet a Morman who claims that there community wasn't founded during Joseph Smith's time.

You might wish to visit the Mormon board over at Unorthodox Theology here or visit one of the several Mormon websites on the internet. The Mormon claim to authenticity is that God restored His church through Joseph Smith following a period of Great Apostasy which began shortly after the death of the Apostles. They claim that the church which was restored through Joseph Smith is, in fact, the only authentic church, being that which was established by Jesus Christ Himself. Thus, they believe they were founded by Jesus Christ who later used Joseph Smith to restore His church.

Upvote 0

judechild

Catholic Socratic
Jul 5, 2009
The Jesuit War-Room
✟11,369.00
Faith
Catholic
You might wish to visit the Mormon board over at Unorthodox Theology here or visit one of the several Mormon websites on the internet.

Thank you, oh one of many b's.

I suppose I should have expanded on this point. I'm aware that that is the claim of the Mormon community. Without meaning to disrespect anyone's beliefs, I do not see that as valid Apostalic Sucession. The sucession which the Catholic Church claims is an unbroken line stretching back to the Apostles; the Mormons, as you said, believe that their prophets were re-instated in the 1800's, after experiencing a period of Apostacy, which would be a broken line of sucession.

Upvote 0