• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Software to Organize My Life

Jan 4, 2015
Middle Tennessee
Visit site
✟10,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, this is my very first post on Christian Forums. I know. I know. I could've posted something in the Introduction forum first, but you know, priorities priorities, this is much more urgent. ;-) ;-) Nudge. Nudge.

I am a 35-year-old male with Asperger Syndrome (diagnosed). I am looking for some advice. Not medical advice, because I don't think that's allowed here, but just some practical advice just for living with and coping with Asperger Syndrome.

To be specific, has anybody here with Asperger's (or if you know/love someone with Asperger's) ever discovered any organizing software for computers and mobile devices that works well for people with Asperger Syndrome. By that I mean, software that has a calendar, to-do/task list and other stuff like that to help someone with Asperger's to remember things and organize their life much better. I know there is a lot of software programs out there that do this sort of thing, but I am looking for software that is Aspie/Autistic friendly and "thinks" like an Aspie, like I think. It doesn't have to say that it's specifically for autistic/aspie people, but I'm just wondering what has worked for others, so that I can figure out what will work best for me. If it does include anything that helps people with mental health issues to cope with their disability, that would be great. Also, if their is any faith-based side of it, such as keeping an organized prayer life that, too, would also be great. It also is helpful that it be multi-platform and run on several kinds of devices and operating systems. For the moment, I need it to run on a personal computer running Windows 8.1, an Amazon Kindle Fire HD, and an Android 4.4.2 cell phone, and be able to automatically sync across all my devices, so that no matter which device I use, my information will always be up-to-date.

Any suggestions? Please share any information about what's out there. Thank you for your time and attention and God bless! :)

Last edited:

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
fearless ... welcome to CF.

The only thing I do is use a calender at home to write things down that I'm planned a few days out so I don't forget them.
I guess just go searching for something that works for you. Maybe make it one of your obsessions for a couple of weeks or so till you find one that works for you.

Upvote 0

axydavid

Weird
Aug 6, 2012
City 17
✟9,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello fearless and every other person suffering from disorganization, I'm a software engineer, I might be interested in developing such a program if it doesn't exist already.
I like to help people with their struggles in anyway I can, if such a program will help you and you can't find in then I can develop it.
EDIT: Yes, I can clearly see that he hasn't been on CF for a while :(

Upvote 0