Sodom and Gomorrah

vitodabona

Mar 8, 2006
✟15,613.00
Faith
Atheist
LittleNipper said:
The Illiad by Homer does not claim divine inspiration. Homer does not indicate that he spoke to the Holy Spirit.

Actually Homer does claim divine inspiration; the Illiad starts off with Homer invoking the guidance of the Muses and imploring the goddess Rage to sing to him of the day she took the heart of Pelus’ son Achilles.

Upvote 0

Adriac

Apr 11, 2006
Visit site
✟16,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
vitodabona said:
Actually Homer does claim divine inspiration; the Illiad starts off with Homer invoking the guidance of the Muses and imploring the goddess Rage to sing to him of the day she took the heart of Pelus’ son Achilles.

Museowned :D

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
vitodabona said:

To ask for something and already have it , are two entirely different things....

Upvote 0

Asimov

Objectivist
Sep 9, 2003
White Rock
✟7,455.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Others
LittleNipper said:
The Illiad by Homer does not claim divine inspiration. Homer does not indicate that he spoke to the Holy Spirit.

That's because the Holey Spirit does't exist, LittleNipper. Any inspiriation comes from the Muses. And as stated before, he DOES have divine inspiration in writing the ILIAD.

There is historic evidence for some of the story. It was also written centuries after the fall of Troy.

So?

CHRIST said HE was GOD's SON. CHRIST even indicated that HE was the GREAT I AM of Genesis. CHRIST whose life was recorded by people HE personally chose and to whom HE sent the HOLY SPIRIT, gives full credibility to everything found in the OLD TESTAMENT. CHRIST preached it.

Uh-huh.....aaaah....aaaaaahh....AAAAHHHHH-DOUBLESTANDARD-CHOOOOOOOO!!!!
Sorry, I'm allergice to evangelizing.

Homer is but a man publishing a story he heard. Funny that you seem to believe Homer's story more than Christ's....

Where did I say I did? :scratch:

Upvote 0

Asimov

Objectivist
Sep 9, 2003
White Rock
✟7,455.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Others
LittleNipper said:
To ask for something and already have it , are two entirely different things....

And to claim you have something and actually have it, are two entirely different things. And to claim to be something and actually be it, are two entirely different things.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Asimov said:
And to claim you have something and actually have it, are two entirely different things. And to claim to be something and actually be it, are two entirely different things.

There are two people in this world. Those who have and claim they do not have and those who do not have and claim they do have. Which group do you fall into?

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Asimov said:
Sorry, I'm allergice to evangelizing.

My dad use to be "allergic" to hell fire and brimstone preaching. He just did not believe or accept it as being true. Just what is it about evangelism that you can not accept or what is it your allergic to?

Upvote 0

Asimov

Objectivist
Sep 9, 2003
White Rock
✟7,455.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Others
JohnR7 said:
There are two people in this world. Those who have and claim they do not have and those who do not have and claim they do have. Which group do you fall into?

Claim what? Have what?

My dad use to be "allergic" to hell fire and brimstone preaching. He just did not believe or accept it as being true. Just what is it about evangelism that you can not accept or what is it your allergic to?

All the bs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums