• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

socializing at church

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟16,224.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
When you see ppl socializing at church when it's over, and you see them in 2's or 3's do you join one of them or leave, etc.? I hesitate to this because of they might be talking about something specific which I have no real part in.

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think I would walk up to a lady who is alone and talk to her. That's just because I don't feel like getting involved with a man at the moment. I would start out slow with talking to one person first then maybe 2 and so on. I don't think they would mind if you joined them. You could introduce yourself to them maybe. Just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟16,224.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I think a lot of times when I observe ppl talking they are talking either about ministry things I may not be part of or length of time they've known each other.
I had car trouble last Sun and someone took me home and we had a nice chat in the car. I did not really have the opp to talk to anyone else.

Upvote 0

AngelicRose

Aug 21, 2009
✟15,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can barely go to Mass without shaking--- if I'm not with someone I know I'm horribly anxious. Now that I've been attending church with my boyfriend, I feel soo much better. It's so odd and I'm not sure why I'm like this.

Around September my anxiety went away for about 2-3 months and now recently it's back full swing. I'm usually okay when I'm around my bf but since I work full-time its not like I can always be around him. I know he's like my security blanket :)

Anyways, at church I'll say hello to the priest and that's about it. I've started praying the Rosary to calm myself and not have to worry about chatting with a stranger. I hate the idea of talking to a stranger because I grew up with a lisp and even though I don't really have it any more, I over concentrate on how I pronounce words.

Now that I have Sean (my bf) with me, I find myself wanting to do more at the church. My goal for this month is to go down to the fellowship hall after Mass when we have a monthly get-to-together with coffee and snacks. Something small, but big for me :)

Upvote 0