1. New: Christian Forums Staff Recruit Video.- It's that time of year again. We are having our annual Staff Recruit Drive. Simply ask any staffer to help you apply and enjoy the video...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please help us test our new CF PrayPal app available right now in the Google Play store for Android devices. The iPhone app should be available within the next few days. If you would be so kind to also add a review for it that would be great! Thanks!

Just Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

socializing at church

Discussion in 'Anxiety, Panic & Agoraphobia' started by janny108, Dec 6, 2009.

1. janny108

janny108 Well-Known Member

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Word-of-Faith
    When you see ppl socializing at church when it's over, and you see them in 2's or 3's do you join one of them or leave, etc.? I hesitate to this because of they might be talking about something specific which I have no real part in.

2. RuthD

RuthD Forgiveness is so important. Supporter

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Christian
    I think I would walk up to a lady who is alone and talk to her. That's just because I don't feel like getting involved with a man at the moment. I would start out slow with talking to one person first then maybe 2 and so on. I don't think they would mind if you joined them. You could introduce yourself to them maybe. Just my 2 cents.

3. Amhacajo

Amhacajo Turn worry into wonder...

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    *sigh* This is exactly the part of church that I really don't like. Talking to anyone new is so painstaking that I usually stick with the 'safe' people. I have really lapsed in working on this one.

4. janny108

janny108 Well-Known Member

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Word-of-Faith
    I think a lot of times when I observe ppl talking they are talking either about ministry things I may not be part of or length of time they've known each other.
    I had car trouble last Sun and someone took me home and we had a nice chat in the car. I did not really have the opp to talk to anyone else.

5. AngelicRose

AngelicRose Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    I can barely go to Mass without shaking--- if I'm not with someone I know I'm horribly anxious. Now that I've been attending church with my boyfriend, I feel soo much better. It's so odd and I'm not sure why I'm like this.

Around September my anxiety went away for about 2-3 months and now recently it's back full swing. I'm usually okay when I'm around my bf but since I work full-time its not like I can always be around him. I know he's like my security blanket :)

Anyways, at church I'll say hello to the priest and that's about it. I've started praying the Rosary to calm myself and not have to worry about chatting with a stranger. I hate the idea of talking to a stranger because I grew up with a lisp and even though I don't really have it any more, I over concentrate on how I pronounce words.

Now that I have Sean (my bf) with me, I find myself wanting to do more at the church. My goal for this month is to go down to the fellowship hall after Mass when we have a monthly get-to-together with coffee and snacks. Something small, but big for me :)