✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4598812.stm

Braunau am Inn is the birthplace of Adolph Hitler.

The soccer fans also posted pictures of them giving the "Nazi salute" at the nearby Mauthausen death camp, which was also posted on the website.

The mayor of Braunau am Inn said the fan club admitted publishing the photos on its website and refused to apologize. Under Austrian law, Nazi activity of any kind, including the infamous "Nazi salute", can lead to a jail term.

Braunau, near Austria's border with Germany, has long held a fascination for fascists and far-right extremists eager to see the birthplace of Adolf Hitler.

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
UberLutheran said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4598812.stm

Braunau am Inn is the birthplace of Adolph Hitler.

The soccer fans also posted pictures of them giving the "Nazi salute" at the nearby Mauthausen death camp, which was also posted on the website.

The mayor of Braunau am Inn said the fan club admitted publishing the photos on its website and refused to apologize. Under Austrian law, Nazi activity of any kind, including the infamous "Nazi salute", can lead to a jail term.

Braunau, near Austria's border with Germany, has long held a fascination for fascists and far-right extremists eager to see the birthplace of Adolf Hitler.

There is a large number of European soccer fans who are extremley racist. They subject black palyers to all sorts of vile behavior, monkey chants, throwing bananas at them, it's disgraceful. I saw a documentary on Real Sports and at one game in I believe Germany they had a banner that read in (I assume German) Auschuwitz is your (something I cannot remember), the ovens are your home. :o It was appalling the displays they showed.

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
mhatten said:
There is a large number of European soccer fans who are extremley racist. They subject black palyers to all sorts of vile behavior, monkey chants, throwing bananas at them, it's disgraceful. I saw a documentary on Real Sports and at one game in I believe Germany they had a banner that read in (I assume German) Auschuwitz is your (something I cannot remember), the ovens are your home. :o It was applaing the displays they showed.

Could you imagine someone doing that at a U.S. football game or basketball game?

That person/those people would be ejected from the stadium to the accompaniment of loud booing -- quite deservedly!

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
UberLutheran said:
Could you imagine someone doing that at a U.S. football game or basketball game?

That person/those people would be ejected from the stadium to the accompaniment of loud booing -- quite deservedly!

that is exaclty what several of the players noted.

Upvote 0

Selznak

No King But Jesus
Jul 6, 2003
Nevada
✟17,278.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Given that we're known as being the birthplace of Adolf Hitler, we don't have it easy anyway," Mayor Skiba said.

I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it might be to put up with all of the kooks and idiots who are drawn to the place because of this. Disgusting! :sick: I spent four years in Europe(Germany) and can attest first hand to the racism and stupidity of the soccer hooligans there.

Upvote 0