Oct 22, 2014
✟171,314.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
We heard for months if this day came to pass there would be civil disobedience and such, so what do you think will be done in response?
If this forum is anything to go by a lot of moaning and whining.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If this forum is anything to go by a lot of moaning and whining.

Maybe though they have been working hard to make laws limiting or preventing gay marriage, stories of counties stopping all marriage licensing, some states over the last few months inacted laws making ilegal to sign gay marriage certificates and such so the battle is won, but the war is still on.

Upvote 0

LostFarmer

what ever
Mar 1, 2012
EARTH
✟61,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I read and listed to both audio clips and did not hear him say that he would set himself on fire. So that site fails flat. Unless there is more to it, I must put that as a site of lies .
"We are not going to bow. We are not going to bend, and if necessary we will burn!"

That is what I heard. It does appear to be somewhat ambiguous. Perhaps just a poor choice of words.
It isn't a lie, but more a desired interpretation. I don't think he will be burning anytime soon.

Upvote 0

zephyrWiccan

Jun 11, 2015
✟16,809.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
We heard for months if this day came to pass there would be civil disobedience and such, so what do you think will be done in response?
Just blowhards being blowhards. In reality they knew that gay marriage would not affect them, that's why they made a stink about it like they did, acting like it would, to try to garner sympathy for themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't remember any predictions that there "would be civil disobedience."

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
How long does it take for federal government to respond you might think?

Well, right now Jindal has a valid-sounding reason to stall -- he's waiting for the 5th circuit court (which originally heard the case) to officially make its decision based on SCOTUS' ruling.

It's nonsense, of course, but Jindal can play stupid until they officially rule against him in light of SCOTUS's decision.

After that, the federal government's response will depend on what tactic Jindal uses next, if any.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't remember any predictions that there "would be civil disobedience."

Huckabee and Santorum have promised that, if elected, they would (illegally) defy the Supreme Court.

That's a prediction on their parts... they just don't have the ability to carry it out yet.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Well, there was a preacher who threatened to set himself on fire, others that threatened suicide, some who said they would divorce ... it remains to be seen whether they were lying or will actually follow through on their 'threats'.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well, there was a preacher who threatened to set himself on fire, others that threatened suicide, some who said they would divorce ... it remains to be seen whether they were lying or will actually follow through on their 'threats'.

My money says lying... on all counts.

Upvote 0