So Called "Christian Values" Cause an Unsafe Enviroment For Gays and Lesbians...

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I suppose that a lot of anti-gay people in this forum (maybe even the majority) are just trolls. I don't think anyone who seriously supports violence against homosexuals, just like some people here claim to, would be intellectually developed enough to be able to use a computer and form complex sentences. I think the mods should look at this...

• Agree
Reactions: Celticroots
Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
I suppose that a lot of anti-gay people in this forum (maybe even the majority) are just trolls. I don't think anyone who seriously supports violence against homosexuals, just like some people here claim to, would be intellectually developed enough to be able to use a computer and form complex sentences. I think the mods should look at this...
I agree. Particularly Invioable and Forgiven. Anyone who thinks that Christians are more persecuted than gays in this country, and that violence against gays is warranted because they had it coming for choosing to be that way, are seriously lacking in the education and intelligence department. I'm surprised the mods haven't banned them yet.

• Agree
Reactions: Celticroots
Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I agree. Particularly Invioable and Forgiven. Anyone who thinks that Christians are more persecuted than gays in this country, and that violence against gays is warranted because they had it coming for choosing to be that way, are seriously lacking in the education and intelligence department. I'm surprised the mods haven't banned them yet.
Yes, that's true. But there are some other suspicious people here too, who never directly say that they support violence against homosexuals, but they tend to agree with and defend the posters who do. It's rather suspicious... I think that honest Christians who believe that homosexuality is a sin would do everything to distance themselves from any lunatics who advocate violence.

Upvote 0

Forgiven_and_Redeemed

Sep 28, 2008
✟344.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

I am simply spreading the Word of God. :confused: If you don't like what God's Word says, you're on the wrong board. I have not breeched any rules thus far. However, people on this board have been repeatadly implying I'm not Christian, which is definately against the rules. And I don't recall advocating violence toward gays.

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
And I don't recall advocating violence toward gays.
You did, for example in the post number 19. When another poster described some Christians physically attacking a homosexual person for their sexual orientation, you said that you would condemn that action if the victim wasn't homosexual.

Upvote 0

Inviolable

Feb 27, 2006
✟3,179.00
Faith
Christian
Go put words in someone else' mouth and stay away from mine.

You're seeing what you want to see. I never once said gays deserved to be bashed, but a paranoid poster would certainly go as far as to make an entire post up for me.

Upvote 0

Inviolable

Feb 27, 2006
✟3,179.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, that's true. But there are some other suspicious people here too, who never directly say that they support violence against homosexuals, but they tend to agree with and defend the posters who do. It's rather suspicious... I think that honest Christians who believe that homosexuality is a sin would do everything to distance themselves from any lunatics who advocate violence.
Again, thanks for making an entire post out of thin air and saying something I never have or suggesting I've supported someone I never did.

Further more, I'd never suggest or willfully try and get anyone banned.
Especially on false assumptions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

*Starlight*

Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Again, thanks for making an entire post out of thin air and saying something I never have or suggesting I've supported someone I never did.

Further more, I'd never suggest or willfully try and get anyone banned.
Especially on false assumptions.
I've never said that you did anything, all I did was state a general observation. :) But do you mean that you are against at least some things Forgiven_and_Redeemed wrote in this thread?

Upvote 0

Forgiven_and_Redeemed

Sep 28, 2008
✟344.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You did, for example in the post number 19. When another poster described some Christians physically attacking a homosexual person for their sexual orientation, you said that you would condemn that action if the victim wasn't homosexual.

But, again, I never condoned violence toward gays, did I?

Upvote 0

Forgiven_and_Redeemed

Sep 28, 2008
✟344.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Of course you did, look at my post number 47.

That was the post that I quoted. In which you claimed I condoned violence towards homosexuals, which in fact I did not. Please stop sending me round in circles and point out where I condoned violence toward homosexuals. I never did.

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That was the post that I quoted. In which you claimed I condoned violence towards homosexuals, which in fact I did not. Please stop sending me round in circles and point out where I condoned violence toward homosexuals. I never did.
Then look at this statement from your post:

"if the victim wasn't gay, or at least not open and out about it, then the attack was not warrented and I would condemn it."

Either you misspelled something here, or you plainly said that if the victim was gay, then the attack was warranted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Inviolable

Feb 27, 2006
✟3,179.00
Faith
Christian
I've never said that you did anything, all I did was state a general observation. :) But do you mean that you are against at least some things Forgiven_and_Redeemed wrote in this thread?
I don't know, haven't read any of their post. I'm certainly not now or in the future saying that it's alright to physically hurt people.

All I did was step in to point out that the OP linked to a biased site.

I think a good deal of poor conduct on these forums is simply a matter of miss-communication. From both sides.

Upvote 0

Forgiven_and_Redeemed

Sep 28, 2008
✟344.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Then look at this statement from your post:

"if the victim wasn't gay, or at least not open and out about it, then the attack was not warrented and I would condemn it."

Either you misspelled something here, or you plainly said that if the victim was gay, then the attack was warranted.

You're infering things that aren't there. Nowhere in that statement did I say I condoned violence towards homosexuals.

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You're infering things that aren't there. Nowhere in that statement did I say I condoned violence towards homosexuals.
But that's simple logic... you didn't simply say "the attack was not warranted" because you added a conditional statement "if the victim wasn't gay" to it. Why did you add it instead of simply saying "The attack was not warranted"?

Upvote 0

Forgiven_and_Redeemed

Sep 28, 2008
✟344.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What "persecution" denying the "right" of Christians to behave in an obnoxious fashion towards gays and lesbians?

Christians in America do not know what persecution is.

Yes we do. We experience at least as much, if not more, persecution than homosexuals in this day and age. And if I had to eliminate one persecution out of:

• Persecution of the followers of God and the upholders of His Word
  • Persecution of heinous sinners
...then LGBTs had better hope I'm never in that position .;)

Upvote 0