So Called "Christian Values" Cause an Unsafe Enviroment For Gays and Lesbians...

Forgiven_and_Redeemed

Sep 28, 2008
✟344.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
...so it's okay to beat up and lynch people if they are different or gay from a white anglox saxon Protestant...you prove the title of this thread very well...

Huh? Hate crims based on race, an immutable characteristic, is NEVER right.

Upvote 0

HappyHealthyHolyRoller

Jul 27, 2006
Somewhere over the rainbow
✟352.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
While this IS a subforum intended to specifically address homosexuality I need to shift direction temporarily merely to make a point.

Whatever you have to say above about homosexuality, HHHR, is peanuts at the side of those many thousands that are committing REAL biblical sins while the likes of yourself don't appear to bat an eye. I'm referring to divorcees and remarrieds. In my small local church alone (perhaps 75 members) I'm aware of seven examples of biblical adultery that are going on unnoticed or ignored by the majority. Several of these good people actually hold positions of trust in the church. Multiply that amount by 'however many' throughout the world and we have a situation where adultery within the church setting is of epidemic proportions!

Whatever it might be that upsets you about homosexuals should PALE by comparison to the many, many 'accepted' adulterers that are actually defying the very words of Jesus. Jesus said not a word about homosexualty but He sure had a great deal to say about adultery. It's serious enough to be also included in the Ten Commandments of 'thou shalt nots'. Why do these adulterers not head your list of 'unrepentent sinners'? Please let me know, HHHR, as soon as you're able.

Note: I personally don't have a problem with divorcees and remarrieds just as I don't have a problem with homosexuals. I present the above only to illustrate the blatant hypocrisy of many Christians.

Whenever our gentle belief system is trounced upon by the unrelenting attacks of the gay community, we as humble servants of the most high God must vigorously defend our simple cause: our cause of love, peace, joy and temperance. When, on the other hand, it is observed that there is sin in and among our members; yet by the force of the clear conscience and repentant heart, we must act in the highest accordance of humility and bestow upon our sinning brethren both in prayer and in words of scripture and encouragement to bring him back from death.

And this is the difference: the former is a sworn enemy of God who wields the lie as his weapon of choice; the latter is a long-suffering sinner who's spirit is starving for repentance. As with all savage animals who declare open hostilities on a loving God, we must put the openly hostile gay to an open shame, and with all repentant sinners--back into the faith.

Test the spirits of the gay man. If there is any goodness found; and if the Spirit dictates a possibility of a simple misunderstanding, bring to him the Gospel of truth, being protected by the full Armor of God at all times. If goodness is found, offer words of hope. If only evil is found in a calculating, devious and diabolical spirit, our only recourse is retribution, as we have exhausted all other avenues.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
KCKID said:
While this IS a subforum intended to specifically address homosexuality I need to shift direction temporarily merely to make a point.
KCKID said:
Whatever you have to say above about homosexuality, HHHR, is peanuts at the side of those many thousands that are committing REAL biblical sins while the likes of yourself don't appear to bat an eye. I'm referring to divorcees and remarrieds. In my small local church alone (perhaps 75 members) I'm aware of seven examples of biblical adultery that are going on unnoticed or ignored by the majority. Several of these good people actually hold positions of trust in the church. Multiply that amount by 'however many' throughout the world and we have a situation where adultery within the church setting is of epidemic proportions!

Whatever it might be that upsets you about homosexuals should PALE by comparison to the many, many 'accepted' adulterers that are actually defying the very words of Jesus. Jesus said not a word about homosexualty but He sure had a great deal to say about adultery. It's serious enough to be also included in the Ten Commandments of 'thou shalt nots'. Why do these adulterers not head your list of 'unrepentent sinners'? Please let me know, HHHR, as soon as you're able.

Note: I personally don't have a problem with divorcees and remarrieds just as I don't have a problem with homosexuals. I present the above only to illustrate the blatant hypocrisy of many Christians.
Whenever our gentle belief system is trounced upon by the unrelenting attacks of the gay community, we as humble servants of the most high God must vigorously defend our simple cause: our cause of love, peace, joy and temperance. When, on the other hand, it is observed that there is sin in and among our members; yet by the force of the clear conscience and repentant heart, we must act in the highest accordance of humility and bestow upon our sinning brethren both in prayer and in words of scripture and encouragement to bring him back from death.

And this is the difference: the former is a sworn enemy of God who wields the lie as his weapon of choice; the latter is a long-suffering sinner who's spirit is starving for repentance. As with all savage animals who declare open hostilities on a loving God, we must put the openly hostile gay to an open shame, and with all repentant sinners--back into the faith.

Test the spirits of the gay man. If there is any goodness found; and if the Spirit dictates a possibility of a simple misunderstanding, bring to him the Gospel of truth, being protected by the full Armor of God at all times. If goodness is found, offer words of hope. If only evil is found in a calculating, devious and diabolical spirit, our only recourse is retribution, as we have exhausted all other avenues.

Um ...that was a noble piece of diatribe that had nothing to do with my post (above) and the question asked of you.

Upvote 0

Kerwin

Aug 20, 2008
✟8,060.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Catlover said:
The vast majority of victims of anti-lesbian/gay violence - possibly more than 80% - never report the incident, often due to fear of being "outed." --New York Gay and Lesbian Anti-Violence Project Annual Report, 1996.

I would have to be extremely gullible to believe a statement like this since there is no way to determine what percentage of "hate" crimes occur that are never reported because they are never reported.. In other words this is obvious propaganda.

That obvious lie does not subtract from the accusation that Christianity creates a unsafe environment for gays and lesbians. The counter is that homosexuality creates an unsafe environment for everyone since engaging in it is for one more likely to spread HIV/Aids than anything else. Lesbians can point out they are actually lower risk that than even heterosexuals.

Still any Christian taking God's vengeance in their own hand is disobeying God. They could work through the lawful proceedings of the state to make homosexual action a crime and assign a punishment for it as acting in a homosexual manner is considered wrongdoing.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To KCKID,
I would agree with what HappyHealthyHolyRoller wrote. Its a Christian forum, its not so much what he you or I think, but what God's purposes are. [/color]

And you appear to have missed the point also. I asked of HHHR: Why do these adulterers (divorcees and remarrieds) not head your list of 'unrepentent sinners'?

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

To KCKID,
And you appear to have missed the point also. I asked of HHHR:
Why do these adulterers (divorcees and remarrieds) not head your list of 'unrepentent sinners'?
I have missed your point on purpose as we dont have lists of unrepentant sinners, as my last post shows we look to what God's purposes are, He is the judge and he will judge how He has said He will judge. Its not what you or I think but what God has said in His word.

Upvote 0

D.W.Washburn

The Artist Formerly Known as RegularGuy
Mar 31, 2007
United States
✟17,408.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
"He deserved it because he was gay."

"If he just stayed in his closet he wouldn't have gotten beat up."

"If a guy hits on me, I'm gonna pop him in the nose. He needs to learn that we Christians won't tolerate that kind of behavior."

I've been reading a lot of this kind of rhetoric in this forum lately. Let's name the demon. It's called: Blaming the victim.

Here's a couple more examples:

"She was dressed provocatively. She was asking to get raped."

"He was in the wrong part of town at the wrong time of day. He deserved to get killed."

Blaming the victim is a way to shift responsibility from the oppressor to the oppressed...from the victimizer to the victimized.

Let's be clear about this. Blaming the victim is never acceptable. It is immoral, ungodly, diabolic and wrong.

We believe in a God who says "vengeance is mine. I shall repay." Read and consider Romans 12:19.

We follow a Master who says, "If someone strikes you on the cheek turn the other one to him also." Matthew 5:39. And, "My kingdom is not from this world. If my kingdom were from this world, my followers would have fought to keep me from being handed over to the Judeans. But as it is my kingdom is not from here." John 18:36. And again, "Those who live by the sword shall perish by the sword." Matthew 26:52.

We are called to conform ourselves to the mind of a God who showed his almighty power by emptying himself, taking on the form of a slave, and dying on a cross. The world's violent ways are not to be our ways. Mark 10:42-45.

If it is not yet clear, let me say it as plainly as possible: Blaming the victim is not Christian behavior. Advocating or resorting to violence is not acceptable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HappyHealthyHolyRoller

Jul 27, 2006
✟352.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
...so where did Jesus say it's okay to beat up gays?

It is not okay to beat up gay people. However, wherever the sworn enemy of God is found we must eradicate this pestilence with all speed, lest the world fall into the hands of the wicked.
Who are these sworn enemies? Not all gays, but many of them are. Many are non-believers for the sake of intellectual pride.
Wherever we find them we must do away with them. This is how a just war is fought: respond to the enemy after being attacked, then defeat the enemy.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is not okay to beat up gay people. However, wherever the sworn enemy of God is found we must eradicate this pestilence with all speed, lest the world fall into the hands of the wicked.
Who are these sworn enemies? Not all gays, but many of them are. Many are non-believers for the sake of intellectual pride.
Wherever we find them we must do away with them. This is how a just war is fought: respond to the enemy after being attacked, then defeat the enemy.

This is a genuine question. What is the difference, HHHR, between you and a fanatical Muslim terrorist ...?

Upvote 0

Kerwin

Aug 20, 2008
✟8,060.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private

I am kind of curious if you realize how people will interpret what you are saying. I have read scripture and it tells Christians clearly not to use the weapons of this world to deal with unbelief but instead to use sound reasoning in the hopes of convincing them to follow Jesus the Messiah. I assume that is what you are really trying to say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HappyHealthyHolyRoller

Jul 27, 2006
✟352.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
I am kind of curious if you realize how people will interpret what you are saying. I have read scripture and it tells Christians clearly not to use the weapons of this world to deal with unbelief but instead to use sound reasoning in the hopes of convincing them to follow Jesus the Messiah. I assume that is what you are really trying to say.

The problem with heathens is they are seemingly incapable of registering what had just been read. It's a sort of illiteracy (but differs in the sense that true illiteracy is when an individual word is not comprehended). I do not know what causes it, but I do suspect it has something to do with their unbelief, as this phenomenon is not observed with those of a faith icon.

If you read back a few pages, you will see that I instruct fellow soldiers to appeal to the Bible and holy scriptures as a weapon a second time, if the heathen still fails to listen.
Unbelievers won't even give a first chance let alone a second chance...
If the heathen fails to listen to our appeal then we must engage the enemy in combat, usually through legislation. Proposition 8 looks like it will pass, so the enemies of the most holy God are indeed being brought to the open shame which was due.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

Are we supposed to believe that your hardcore ? The little Donkey political Icon reveals your identity. No good God fearing right wing maniac would identify with the Democratic party. :p

Upvote 0

Kerwin

Aug 20, 2008
✟8,060.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
HappyHealthHolyRoller said:
Proposition 8 looks like it will pass, so the enemies of the most holy God are indeed being brought to the open shame which was due.

I agree that corrupt individuals will intentionally misinterpret and take out of context even the godliest of words but I believe it is still wise for us not to make it too easy for them. I also agree with proposition 8 though perhaps for different reasons than you do. I believe the government has no business encouraging self destructive behavior/misuse of the human body for what amounts to ignoble purposes, i.e. sexual gratification.

I take it you are a social conservative Democrat.

Upvote 0

Inviolable

Feb 27, 2006
✟3,179.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0
C

catlover

That's about the most biased site I've ever seen.
I could just as easily find a site declairing just the opposite. Some schmo who's angry at the world leaves a page of text on the internet and for some reason Christians have to be held accountable.

Christians held accountable instead of crying "persecution" when they are anything but in America...

Upvote 0