Aug 8, 2009
✟53,000.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Mod Hat On

9sru46.jpg

This thread has undergone a cleanup due to the violation of CF rules.

Flaming and Harassment: ●Do not insult, belittle, mock, goad, personally attack, threaten, harass, or use derogatory nicknames in reference to other members or groups of members. Address the context of the post, not the poster.

Topics Requiring Special Consideration: ●Do not promote illegal activity.

Please remember to stick to the rules. Happy posting! :)

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ROFL !!!
That's just reversal of bias.
Government propaganda.
Ha! That's rich. Scientific research brushed off as "propaganda." The ruined lives from marijuana myself and thousands of other treatment counselors see every year. But it's all "just propaganda." Tell that to the guy who's only two children are autistic suffering from something similar to fetal alcohol syndrome, which is strange given neither he nor his girlfriend drink. But just keep tokin'. I'm sure it will all be good.
Drug laws are unconstitutional.
41570_105098942852568_7233_n.jpg

Now that's rich!

Upvote 0

1Em1Esseswife

May 22, 2012
✟495.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ha! That's rich. Scientific research brushed off as "propaganda." The ruined lives from marijuana myself and thousands of other treatment counselors see every year. But it's all "just propaganda." Tell that to the guy who's only two children are autistic suffering from something similar to fetal alcohol syndrome, which is strange given neither he nor his girlfriend drink. But just keep tokin'. I'm sure it will all be good.

Who's tokin'?
Bet him and his girlfriend drink govt sanctioned public water.
Bet they eat usda approved additives.
Bet thier kids were innoculated with govt approved drugs.
I could go on all day.:cool:

Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
:idea1: Remember these words that are written about idol things before God, and Man. Beware to hold idols, and pervert God's word. You will have to meet Him one day. Think of the cost you will have!!!

<< Revelation 18 >>
New International Version 1984
The Fall of Babylon

1After this I saw another angel coming down from heaven. He had great authority, and the earth was illuminated by his splendor. 2With a mighty voice he shouted:

&#8220;Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great!
She has become a home for demons
and a haunt for every evila spirit,
a haunt for every unclean and detestable bird.
3For all the nations have drunk
the maddening wine of her adulteries.
The kings of the earth committed adultery with her,
and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries.&#8221;
4Then I heard another voice from heaven say:

&#8220;Come out of her, my people,
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
5for her sins are piled up to heaven,
and God has remembered her crimes.
6Give back to her as she has given;
pay her back double for what she has done.
Mix her a double portion from her own cup.
7Give her as much torture and grief
as the glory and luxury she gave herself.
In her heart she boasts,
&#8216;I sit as queen; I am not a widow,
and I will never mourn.&#8217;
8Therefore in one day her plagues will overtake her:
death, mourning and famine.
She will be consumed by fire,
for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.
9&#8220;When the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her and shared her luxury see the smoke of her burning, they will weep and mourn over her. 10Terrified at her torment, they will stand far off and cry:

&#8220;&#8216;Woe! Woe, O great city,
O Babylon, city of power!
In one hour your doom has come!&#8217;
11&#8220;The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes any more&#8212; 12cargoes of gold, silver, precious stones and pearls; fine linen, purple, silk and scarlet cloth; every sort of citron wood, and articles of every kind made of ivory, costly wood, bronze, iron and marble; 13cargoes of cinnamon and spice, of incense, myrrh and frankincense, of wine and olive oil, of fine flour and wheat; cattle and sheep; horses and carriages; and bodies and souls of men.

14&#8220;They will say, &#8216;The fruit you longed for is gone from you. All your riches and splendor have vanished, never to be recovered.&#8217; 15The merchants who sold these things and gained their wealth from her will stand far off, terrified at her torment. They will weep and mourn 16and cry out:

dressed in fine linen, purple and scarlet,
and glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls!
17In one hour such great wealth has been brought to ruin!&#8217;
&#8220;Every sea captain, and all who travel by ship, the sailors, and all who earn their living from the sea, will stand far off. 18When they see the smoke of her burning, they will exclaim, &#8216;Was there ever a city like this great city?&#8217; 19They will throw dust on their heads, and with weeping and mourning cry out:

where all who had ships on the sea
became rich through her wealth!
In one hour she has been brought to ruin!
20Rejoice over her, O heaven!
Rejoice, saints and apostles and prophets!
God has judged her for the way she treated you.&#8217;&#8221;
21Then a mighty angel picked up a boulder the size of a large millstone and threw it into the sea, and said:

&#8220;With such violence
the great city of Babylon will be thrown down,
never to be found again.
22The music of harpists and musicians, flute players and trumpeters,
will never be heard in you again.
No workman of any trade
will ever be found in you again.
The sound of a millstone
23The light of a lamp
will never shine in you again.
The voice of bridegroom and bride
Your merchants were the world&#8217;s great men.
By your magic spell all the nations were led astray.
24In her was found the blood of prophets and of the saints,
and of all who have been killed on the earth.&#8221;

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Smoking Pot isn't a sin.
Your opinion, not shared with those of us who read 1 Corinthians 6:19 as warning not to polute God's temple with anything harmful.
But depending on how much it's used, it sure can get into the way of knowing God.
In my opinion, any sin breaks fellowship with Him, and it must be repented and confessed to restore that fellowship.

Upvote 0

1Em1Esseswife

May 22, 2012
✟495.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Your opinion, not shared with those of us who read 1 Corinthians 6:19 as warning not to polute God's temple with anything harmful. In my opinion, any sin breaks fellowship with Him, and it must be repented and confessed to restore that fellowship.

Sorry, but that opinion dosen't cut it.
You're trying to make that verse stand alone, and give it your own spin.
Paul is talking about fornication being the only sin against one's body.

18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

You cannot sin against or defile your body with what you consume.
PERIOD.
Why do you ignore Christ?
Seems to me EVERYONE would pertain to you also Win.

MARK 7
14 And when he had called all the people unto him, he said unto them, Hearken unto me every one of you, and understand :

15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.

16 If any man have ears to hear , let him hear .

17 And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable.

18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also?

Do ye not perceive , that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;

19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

20 And he said , That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. 21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, 22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: 23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1Em1Esseswife

May 22, 2012
✟495.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally Posted by 1Em1Esseswife
Drug laws are unconstitutional.

Originally Posted by WinBySurrender
41570_105098942852568_7233_n.jpg

Now that's rich!

Yeah?

We'll see how long the fat boy laughs when they limit his cheeseburger consumption.

That'll be rich, hunh?:doh:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
WBS's post regarding the effects of marijuana on the body, the future (kids) and the mind should be enough for anyone to question the sanity of continuing to smoke. So, if you're going to continue to smoke ...

... just saying.

Upvote 0

1Em1Esseswife

May 22, 2012
✟495.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
WBS's post regarding the effects of marijuana on the body, the future (kids) and the mind should be enough for anyone to question the sanity of continuing to smoke. So, if you're going to continue to smoke ...

... just saying.

Your screen name is appropriate here.
Although :hrelax:this is a matter of faith.
If your mind is not with the Lord, you're screwed whether you smoke or not.
As win, you, and my self are in the same vicinity maybe we should pm and then meet together?:whistle:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

marvelcarter

Jun 28, 2012
✟15,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ive been reborn since sept 14. Yes we all know its a natural plant that comes from comes from god. But what ppl don't know is the reason its illegal is for corrupted reasons. The plant produces over 5,000 textile products including paper, cloth, medicines, foods etc. I read in this website that many christains and followers back in the days used it for food, relaxation, and healing. amongst other man made drugs that are addictive and hurt the body...Weed isn't my god. i don't smoke as much as i used to cause i don't really care about like that but when i do I'm still me just more chill, joyful, i make christian raps, have great conversations with ppl about God and life. pretty much me sober just more....idk a word for it lol. I surrender to christ. therefor weed isn't like '' i must get stonnned right now." but more of a relaxed mind state where my reality isn't removed but rather enhanced. I think better and clearer about certain scenarios in my life and i worship god with or without it. I just want some opinions on it. it would really help. thank you god bless.

Matthew 15:10-20

10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:

11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?

13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.

14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

15 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.

16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?

17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Smoking does not defile a man. It enters the body, it is then taken in and used by various organs and what is left over, is cast out as dung.

Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
I learn from a woman who was wise to say this.

" What the mind thinks, the man follows." So, whatever you think of, you will follow it's path. As the same as the heart. But Jesus wants us to be lead by the spirit of the heart. Not by the mind, and the desires of the flesh. The flesh wants destructive, and sinful things. Were are not to follow what are flesh wants most of the time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1Em1Esseswife

May 22, 2012
✟495.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I learn from a woman who was wise to say this.

" What the mind thinks, the man follows." So, whatever you think of, you will follow it's path. As the same as the heart. But Jesus wants us to be lead by the spirit of the heart. Not by the mind,(bold added) and the desires of the flesh. The flesh wants destructive, and sinful things. Were are not to follow what are flesh wants most of the time.

Our mind and flesh are two different things.
We are to serve God with our mind.

Romans 7:25 KJV

I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

What you stated, completely condradicts what Paul is saying here.:idea:

Upvote 0

1Em1Esseswife

May 22, 2012
✟495.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It's not that Jesus wants us to be led by our hearts.
He told us we all already are.
Whether it be good, bad, or ugly.

Luke 6:45 KJV
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh .

There is only one way to get your heart right.
Obey Christ when He told us to ask the Father for all things.

Psalms 51
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right
spirit within me. 11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. 12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. 13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

Those who would teach we are to obey the touch not,taste not, handle not ordinances, have become as the Pharisees.

Matthew 15:10-20

10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:

11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?

13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.

14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Looks like Jesus said stay away from those blind leaders of the blind.

Like I've stated, if one wants to abstain from satisfying the non sinful cravings of the body they may, but it is sinful to say it is mandatory for all of us to do the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

anaci

Jun 17, 2012
Bay Area
✟15,128.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Smoking Pot isn't a sin. But depending on how much it's used, it sure can get into the way of knowing God.

:amen:
agreed. I studied the pros and cons of THC in my masters of psych class. Compared to the completely legal and prescribed oxycontin, I would side with THC everytime for effective pain management. As far as the claim of mood altering to get close to God, that's an excuse for me. You can alter your mood to get close to God through other activities with less side effects. Yes, God created lots of things on earth we can consume. Like tar. So that's another excuse. It's like the joke about why peiple say you shouldn't eat chocolate candy bars for breakfast but fried bread with glaze on it (doughnuts) are fine.

Upvote 0

Mattybates

Always learning
Jun 30, 2012
✟15,118.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body," (1 Cor. 6:19-20).

Surely therefore, smoking in whatever form is a sin. Getting stoned also opens up doors in the spirit realm for to be interfered with since it interferes with many parts of the brain.

Upvote 0

anaci

Jun 17, 2012
Bay Area
✟15,128.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body," (1 Cor. 6:19-20).

Surely therefore, smoking in whatever form is a sin. Getting stoned also opens up doors in the spirit realm for to be interfered with since it interferes with many parts of the brain.

Couldn't you say that about oxycontin just because you don't smoke it and when prescribed it isn't illegal? What's the difference just because one is legal and one is not?

My argument is that "for" and "against" smoking marijuana should be taken with all context, not just the legalities. flcasas com/marijuan. html Look at the science as well.
Someone can post " smoking pot damages sperm cells" but not report how much smoking it takes to do that damage.
"Smoking pot also stunts your emotional growth." This is true- for habitual smokers before they reach the age of maturity
In the same respect, one can say "smoking pot can clear your mind" without reporting how it can also cloud it.
We as Christians can't simply put one verse, without context, to justify an argument in either direction.

Upvote 0